X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by rock rat View Post

I'd say your folks have done more good than I could hope for in 50 life times.
    Thank you. They’re a local legend of sorts, I honestly don’t know when they’ll hang it up. Just who they are.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    No problem on this end.

My folks have been foster parents for 47 years having hosted well over 400 kids and currently have been caring for an infant the past few months.
    I'd say your folks have done more good than I could hope for in 50 life times.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I like Ike.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    Ike Eisenhower once said he grew up poor, but he didn't know it at the time.
    Dwight, Ike was a nick name

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    We were so poor as kids that we used to play cops and robbers with real cops.
    Our only toy was a dead cat, and we had to share it.
    Last edited by 99explorer; 07-28-2021, 10:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    We were so poor, we used to visit my rich uncle at the poorhouse every Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Ike Eisenhower once said he grew up poor, but he didn't know it at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Milldawg
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Now why can't those gang banger teenagers in places like Chicago work hard and be successful like your family ? Can you answer that ?
    i don’t have a good answer if i did I would share it with everyone.

I was poor as a child at times. And I guess it don’t agree with me.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Me to, my Mother (an R.N.) was a temporary child care plus she sheltered pregnant women in the '50's through to '60's when unwed women had a negative Social stigma.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    No problem on this end.

I’ve mentioned often that I have four adopted siblings, most of whom weren’t voluntarily surrendered. My folks have been foster parents for 47 years having hosted well over 400 kids and currently have been caring for an infant the past few months. My opinion comes from experiencing how things are, not how I think things should be.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Relax, just some thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Strike a nerve did I?

Jim, you still haven’t answered my question. Who’s going to enforce this brilliant policy of yours?

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Sorry to rain on the grumpy old man parade.
    Opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Sorry to rain on the grumpy old man parade.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Folks, the Admin. wants to pass a $ 3Trillion Social Welfare program. How much is a Trillion dollars ? If you had a $ million dollars to spend every day all year, , how long would it take you to spend
    $1 Trillion ?
    Ans: 2,739 years - and Biden wants to pass a $3 Trillion package - basically to raise minority children and families.

While I am on it, suppose a pregnant woman has a serious, but not deadly, defect through ultra sound or testing and prognosis is for child to need life long support and never have a real life. What should she do ?

I say, I don't care what she does as long as she and her family pay for the medical and support costs for the child for the rest of its life. I don't think it is fair to put expensive medical heroics to maintain a vegtable on the shoulders of tax payers.
    The City and or State should not pay for those treatments.

I know a family that decided to go ahead with such a pregnancy and the City and State has probably spent a million tax payer $$ to keep the thing alive, without ever being able to do anyting I feel she should have aborted, especially since she was young and probably could have gotten pregnant again. JMO

In nature a mother would push away a new born if in a situation like above. Let the rest survive.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 07-26-2021, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad