X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relax, just some thoughts.

Comment

No problem on this end.

I’ve mentioned often that I have four adopted siblings, most of whom weren’t voluntarily surrendered. My folks have been foster parents for 47 years having hosted well over 400 kids and currently have been caring for an infant the past few months. My opinion comes from experiencing how things are, not how I think things should be.

Comment

Me to, my Mother (an R.N.) was a temporary child care plus she sheltered pregnant women in the '50's through to '60's when unwed women had a negative Social stigma.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Now why can't those gang banger teenagers in places like Chicago work hard and be successful like your family ? Can you answer that ?
          i don’t have a good answer if i did I would share it with everyone.

I was poor as a child at times. And I guess it don’t agree with me.

Comment

Ike Eisenhower once said he grew up poor, but he didn't know it at the time.

Comment

We were so poor, we used to visit my rich uncle at the poorhouse every Sunday.

Comment

We were so poor as kids that we used to play cops and robbers with real cops.
                Our only toy was a dead cat, and we had to share it.
                Last edited by 99explorer; 07-28-2021, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                  Ike Eisenhower once said he grew up poor, but he didn't know it at the time.
                  Dwight, Ike was a nick name

Comment

I like Ike.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                      No problem on this end.

My folks have been foster parents for 47 years having hosted well over 400 kids and currently have been caring for an infant the past few months.
                      I'd say your folks have done more good than I could hope for in 50 life times.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

I'd say your folks have done more good than I could hope for in 50 life times.
                        Thank you. They’re a local legend of sorts, I honestly don’t know when they’ll hang it up. Just who they are.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad