Moms Return to Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
    Holly shit. This went off the rails fast. I was raised by single mother in the eyes of the law from age 5-11. She did have boyfriend for 4 or 5 years they lived together. He was a huge influence on me a good influence I might add. Skipping a lot details she met and married my step dad who adopted me at 14 years old. I took his last name. My two oldest kids were raised by a single mother and myself until her I got married. Single mother’s are some of the hardest working people I know. It’s also what motivates me to work the way I do. I watched my own momma not eat to feed me during hard times. And she will never be without as long as I’m above ground and able. I turned out ok for guy raised buy a single mother. I’ve never taken one nickel of government money. I own and run a successfully business and still keep a full time job. I pay more in taxes most years than most folks make before taxes. Because I was raised by a single mother and have been poor as hell. I will never be that way again.

One of my daughters is a single mother. Her and the father are together but no plans of being married. She’s only 22 bought herself a new car and house last year. Without his help she doesn’t want or need his help.

Anyways I was raised by a single mother as was my wife. My youngest was raised by a single mother which she’s on her way to her bachelors for being an RN in three years not 4. And on the fast track program for nurse practitioner in 6 years not 8-10.

My oldest daughter is my operations manage and in-line to inherit the business.

Not to bad for a bunch of drains on society raised by single mothers slackers.

Almost forgot middle girl just got a salaried promotion to a mangers position that is supposed to require degree.

My apologies somethings just get all over me and this one did. But I still respect your right to have your opinions.

And with out discussions none of us learn anything.
    Now why can't those gang banger teenagers in places like Chicago work hard and be successful like your family ? Can you answer that ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Now why can't those gang banger teenagers in places like Chicago work hard and be successful like your family ? Can you answer that ?
      No matter. Mr. Neil Young puts it in perspective for us:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QctgzkK96pY

Comment

Keep on rockin in the free world….

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter

Well I heard Mr. Young sing a ballad
          Well I heard old Neil put it down
          Well I hope Neil Young will remember
          A southern man don't need him around anyhow
          Tell the truth.

Comment

The South Shall Rise Again
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 2.58.23 PM.png
Views:	46
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	776295

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 2.58.48 PM.png
Views:	44
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	776296

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 2.59.10 PM.png
Views:	43
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	776297

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 2.59.58 PM.png
Views:	42
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	776298

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
              Keep on rockin in the free world….
              LOL. Earlier today, I had that all lined up to play in the TGIF -- it has the line, "a kindler, gentler, machine-gun hand." Then I couldn't decide which video I liked, and never did decide before I had to log off and get back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

LOL. Earlier today, I had that all lined up to play in the TGIF -- it has the line, "a kindler, gentler, machine-gun hand." Then I couldn't decide which video I liked, and never did decide before I had to log off and get back to work.
                Just came from there, got it now!

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

No matter. Mr. Neil Young puts it in perspective for us:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QctgzkK96pY
                  Stupid lyrics. Grabage.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Stupid lyrics. Grabage.
                    Pretty much sums up this entire thread.

Comment

fitch -
                      Speak for yourself.

Comment

Pretty much sums up this entire thread.
                        Just click on by or (just walk on by)

Comment

Folks, the Admin. wants to pass a $ 3Trillion Social Welfare program. How much is a Trillion dollars ? If you had a $ million dollars to spend every day all year, , how long would it take you to spend
                          $1 Trillion ?
                          Ans: 2,739 years - and Biden wants to pass a $3 Trillion package - basically to raise minority children and families.

While I am on it, suppose a pregnant woman has a serious, but not deadly, defect through ultra sound or testing and prognosis is for child to need life long support and never have a real life. What should she do ?

I say, I don't care what she does as long as she and her family pay for the medical and support costs for the child for the rest of its life. I don't think it is fair to put expensive medical heroics to maintain a vegtable on the shoulders of tax payers.
                          The City and or State should not pay for those treatments.

I know a family that decided to go ahead with such a pregnancy and the City and State has probably spent a million tax payer $$ to keep the thing alive, without ever being able to do anyting I feel she should have aborted, especially since she was young and probably could have gotten pregnant again. JMO

In nature a mother would push away a new born if in a situation like above. Let the rest survive.
                          Last edited by jhjimbo; 07-26-2021, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Sorry to rain on the grumpy old man parade.

Comment

Sorry to rain on the grumpy old man parade.
                              Opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one.

Comment

Strike a nerve did I?

Jim, you still haven’t answered my question. Who’s going to enforce this brilliant policy of yours?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad