No announcement yet.

‘I’m sorry, but it’s too late’: Alabama doctor on treating unvaccinated, dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘I’m sorry, but it’s too late’: Alabama doctor on treating unvaccinated, dying

Dr. Brytney Cobia said Monday that all but one of her COVID patients in Alabama did not receive the vaccine. The vaccinated patient, she said, just needed a little oxygen and is expected to fully recover. Some of the others are dying.

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”
    I guess you can't take the vaccine after you are sick. 33.7% of people in Alabama are fully vaccinated. Sounds like a prime place for Delta. Isn't someone here from Bama?

PH is from Bama. Says he had Corvid and feels very safe.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      PH is from Bama. Says he had Corvid and feels very safe.
      He probably is very safe, I'd think any kind of antibodies are a lot better than none. Hope he got vaccinated also.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

He probably is very safe, I'd think any kind of antibodies are a lot better than none. Hope he got vaccinated also.
        Some research suggests natural antibodies are better than those from vaccine. BUT, there is always a but. The vaccine does stimulate your immune system and shows it what to look for in the future. This takes some time so if you get it, that part of the process is of no use and you are on your own, which is a race to see if your system can get up to speed before you die.

Comment

Alabama is the least vaccinated state in the country.

Comment

Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey suggested Friday it was time to start blaming unvaccinated people for the spread of the delta variant and the rise in COVID-19 cases.
            “Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down,” Ivey told reporters.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad