X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    Everybody knows somebody who lived to be 100 and never went to a doctor.
    Ate bacon and eggs every day for breakfast.
    And to them that is concrete proof that medicine is no damed good.
    Stop it. All hearsay.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    At some point, sooner rather than later, vaccination will be a requirement for everything. Yesterday my state started handing out $100 gift cards to Walmart at selected vaccination sites.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Everybody knows somebody who lived to be 100 and never went to a doctor.
    Ate bacon and eggs every day for breakfast.
    And to them that is concrete proof that medicine is no damed good.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Sweet lady, but she ain't one to take lightly!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter

Nope, I don't take a flu shot. I'm just a lowly engineer with two master's degrees and don't know nothing about anything when looking at data and reading research results.
    Kay is going to spank you.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    jimbo wrote:
    "... You take a flu shot every year don't you ? ..."

In 1992, the wife and me decided, "What the heck, we'll get a flu shot this year."
    About a week later, we were both laid up in bed.
    Fever, headache, ache all over! Classic flu symptoms.
    If the eldest hadn't been able to drive, we'd have probably starved. Three days of suffering and we finally made it back to the doctor for a butt load of steroids. Took another two days to actually feel like getting out of bed.

In 2007, my grandson was vaccinated for whatever flu was going around.
    He got sick anyway.
    That turned into "Type A influenza".
    THAT turned into viral pneumonia.
    With all the machines hooked up to him, he developed a yeast infection in his blood.
    He never stood a chance!

In 2009, the oldest took a flu shot.
    Came down with a case of the H1N1 and damn near died.

Every year, the NIH and the CDC get together and decide which flu variant to vaccinate for.
    If they are correct, it's a good thing.
    If you take their vaccine and they miss, oh well! You've dressed up for a party that ain't gonna happen anyway!!!

HELL NO!
    I'M NOT TAKING THEIR WITCHES BREW!!!!!

They can "kiss my grits"!

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Thanks, fellas.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Pighunter, how do you embed a music video into a TGIF post?
    Is it Friday already?

Matt, pm incoming.

Posted this one at the start of this mess. Still feel the same way.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied

Nope, I don't take a flu shot. I'm just a lowly engineer with two master's degrees and don't know nothing about anything when looking at data and reading research results.
    Pighunter, how do you embed a music video into a TGIF post?

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied

Says the guy who links to a Nigerian conspiracy web site. LOL, masters degrees out of a cracker jax box. Out dancing and drinking during the height of the biggest wave of infections in the US, brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    • Overall, we rate News Rescue Right-Center Biased and Questionable based on a lack of transparency, poor souring, and the promotion of conspiracy theories and misinformation.

Detailed Report

Reasoning: Lack of Transparency, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy Theories
    World Press Freedom Rank: Nigeria 115/180

History

Founded in 2007, News Rescue is an anonymously run Nigerian news and opinion website. They completely lack transparency as they do not have an about page, name editors or owners.

I'm going to hope that Pig was simply trying to deflect from the source of his story. Like maybe it had a flakey name "Wing Nut Daily" or similar. I certainly hope he doesn't regularly read a Nigerian conspiracy theory web site owned, operated, and written by anonymous sources. Of course they probably write totally legit stories too, but if they have an offer to make millions from a defaulting bank his brother the prim minister works as,,, ,well maybe a hard pass.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Here's another one for you I just read:

Delta Variant: Natural Immunity 700% Greater Protection Than Shot, Data from Israeli Govt. Shows - NewsRescue.com

"In Europe, there is no correlation between level of vaccination and covid infection - if anything, nations with more vaccinations are currently seeing higher case rates. The argument appears to have shifted from "vaccines prevent infection" to "vaccines prevent serious illness".

"It is simply criminal for the global governments to suggest in that those with deeper and broader natural immunity should risk the side effects of a vaccine that is now expected to wane in effectiveness. Much of the focus now is on scaring people about the “Delta variant,” but it could very well be that the vaccine effectiveness was bound to wane (unlike what they predicted with natural infection) over time, regardless of the mutations."
    You take a flu shot every year don't you ? The vaccine was always thought to mainly reduce hospital stays and death. If you looked at Immunology 101 you would see the total immune system is much more than a vaccine. Think of the vaccine as starter fluid to rev up your system and a produce genotype of a spike protein so your body will recognise it next time it sees it.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied

Well, I could have and will probably do so from now on. But don't you think it's interesting the vaccine is not providing the protection we've been told?
    It is working. Hospital and Death are down. Where do you get your info ?

Wait till China releases another designer virus on the World.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    Should start a list of Republicans who have come to Jesus on vaccines.
    Trump
    Tucker Carlson
    Desantis

Desantis did a hard 180. His state has numbers that are really headed up, and it's a big state. 1 out of 5 new infections are in Florida.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    We don't have any handle on the number of people who fall into both categories and are counted twice, like Donald Trump, who was infected AND who also got the vaccine shot.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad