No announcement yet.

TGIF; Got Rain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faster Horses concert just ended here in Michigan........over 60,000 people at minimum price of $215 to enter, plus $195 for camping permit, plus $52 a day parking fee......3 day concert. Much of it in the rain and mud. But then, most of the people were so buzzed on drugs and booze, many might not have even been aware of conditions. It will take days to remove the litter left behind. This is the 4th year of the concert here at MIS. In the past 3 weeks, we might have had 1-2 days without rain......mosquitoes are in the millions per sq. foot .........!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
      Faster Horses concert just ended here in Michigan........over 60,000 people at minimum price of $215 to enter, plus $195 for camping permit, plus $52 a day parking fee......3 day concert. Much of it in the rain and mud. But then, most of the people were so buzzed on drugs and booze, many might not have even been aware of conditions. It will take days to remove the litter left behind. This is the 4th year of the concert here at MIS. In the past 3 weeks, we might have had 1-2 days without rain......mosquitoes are in the millions per sq. foot .........!!
      Back on the early 70's after Woodstock, there was a "Celebration of Life" festival in McCrea, LA. Four of us loaded up and went. We were living in New Orleans at the time.
      I saw stuff I never dreamed of in my (at that time!) 20 years!!! 😳
      Not to mention, we couldn't get within 300 yards of the stage. The music was barely a drone above the crowd noise.
      People drunk, stoned, passed out, naked, randomly urinating and defecating wherever the need arose.
      It was on the banks of the Atchafalaya River. Four or five people drowned trying to bathe in the muddy, swirling, boiling, whirlpools south Louisiana calls a river!
      We left! Which was probably better! Four old redneck Texans with short hair and cowboy boots, we stuck out like a sore thumb! LOL!

p.s. - food and water was nonexistent unless you packed your own lunch!
      Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-19-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

That was a new one for me as well even though it’s been out a few years. I’ve listened to it several times already. When Kid Rock first hit the scene I liked some of his stuff but wasn’t impressed with the image. Read up on him and he’s quite a complex guy. The more of his stuff I hear the more of a fan I am.
        And he can act, too! Over the weekend I caught a rerun of that all-time classic, "Joe Dirt."

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

And he can act, too! Over the weekend I caught a rerun of that all-time classic, "Joe Dirt."
          Almost had me there 🥸

Comment

It occurred to me today that some of these songs we pull up are going on 40-60 years old. When they came out it would have been like listening to stuff back then from around 1920. Crazy.

Comment

It occurred to me today that some of these songs we pull up are going on 40-60 years old. When they came out it would have been like listening to stuff back then from around 1920. Crazy.
              "Singin' In The Rain" was written in 1929 by Nacio Herb Brown

Singer Nick Lucas recorded Singing in the Rain in 1929 (one week after recording what would become the biggest hit of his career, Tiptoe Through the Tulips).

So there you have it!
              What's that?
              Ninety two years ago?
              WOW!
              Whoda thunk it?

Last week, I think, I posted a song that had been written, recorded and released less than a week earlier! (Fourth of July weekend?)

Comment

HERE IS A MORE VISUAL TREAT TO START THE WEEK.

https://youtu.be/pUt3_ybtxoU

Comment

I posted one song that was composed in 1755 for the Independence Day version.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

I posted one song that was composed in 1755 for the Independence Day version.
                    1755? You can read back THAT far? 😂
                    How did they take it at your karaoke bar? LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

1755? You can read back THAT far? 😂
                      How did they take it at your karaoke bar? LOL!
                      LOL! It was Yankee Doodle and I've not done that one on karaoke night... yet

Comment

• Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Almost had me there 🥸
                        What do you mean? He really was in Joe Dirt. He played the dude who was after Joe's friend Brandi (though I guess it's up for debate whether or not his performance shows he can act).
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u8ogJuyNdk

Comment

• Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

What do you mean? He really was in Joe Dirt. He played the dude who was after Joe's friend Brandi (though I guess it's up for debate whether or not his performance shows he can act).
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u8ogJuyNdk
                          LoL, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen that flick, totally missed it.

My first thought was KR playing the lead role. Typecast?

Comment

• Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

In an Alabama bar? Might not be a good i-deer! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

In an Alabama bar? Might not be a good i-deer! LOL!
                              Reminds me of the Missouri ferry-boat character in "The Outlaw Josey Wales."

"In my line of work, a man has to be able to sing The Battle Hymn of the Republic and Dixieland with equal enthusiasm!"

Comment

• Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

I posted about that song but in case everyone missed it……

Trivia time: From Wikipedia

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n774817[/ATTACH]

You can look it up if you’re interested.

I’m a descendent of the elder Thomas Fitch. I have a cousin who’s researched this and what he found out was that the “feather in his cap” lyric was in in reference to the men serving under the younger Thomas Fitch. He had them place a feather in their cap to identify them as his men.

Here’s to son’s of Fitches!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad