TGIF; Got Rain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Wow, never heard this before. May learn to sing it.
    That was a new one for me as well even though it’s been out a few years. I’ve listened to it several times already. When Kid Rock first hit the scene I liked some of his stuff but wasn’t impressed with the image. Read up on him and he’s quite a complex guy. The more of his stuff I hear the more of a fan I am.

Comment

I had to go back through all 6 pages, just to be sure! LOL!
      First time I heard of this group, I told my buddy I didn't care for "rock". He laughed and said, "They aren't really rock." as he plugged in an 8 track tape of the "Nitty Gritty Dirt Band"!

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Stand A Little Rain

https://youtu.be/s-Ir5JMP9As

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
        I had to go back through all 6 pages, just to be sure! LOL!
        First time I heard of this group, I told my buddy I didn't care for "rock". He laughed and said, "They aren't really rock." as he plugged in an 8 track tape of the "Nitty Gritty Dirt Band"!

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Stand A Little Rain

https://youtu.be/s-Ir5JMP9As
        I like the guitar work on that, the song has a power ballad vibe to it.

Comment

Speaking of power ballads, these guys made a career out of them.

Comment

These guys had a few as well.

Comment

I worked on food plots today, the Kid joined me late after an FFA function. We were almost wrapped up when it started to pour, got soaked before we could get back down to the house. Been coming down about 5 hours now, heavy at times. Should be pounding the seed in nicely.

Had some sprinkles last night at the track but just enough to keep the dust down and not affect the racing. The guy we helped out runs two classes and finished 2’nd in both features. He’s currently leading the points in both divisions. It was a good night.

Kicking back a little tomorrow, Monday is my wife’s birthday so we’re having a shindig for her after church. No surprise, she warned me before we were married to never do that and she meant it. It’s one of those B-days that end with a 0 so kind of a big deal. (Starts with a 4, but don’t tell her I told ya!)

Comment

Another one that’s a positive tune.

Comment

How is this for a change of pace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowekQq6kY8

Comment

Comment

Hey PH, check this out. Old guys rock!

Comment

Picked up some scrap lumber Friday. Pulled it off the truck yesterday. I had shade, but the sun was beaming down and it was hotter than an eleven dollar cook stove. I headed inside.
                        Normal for July here is hot, but dry. Uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Grass dies and everything just turns brown. We've had so much rain, it's hot AND humid! NOT a good combination!
                        About 6pm, the sun disappears, a HUGE thunderhead rolls in from the northwest and the bottom falls out!
                        My yard had almost dried out, now it's a swamp again and needs to be mowed. 😖! Oh well!

So I thought about this song!
                        Why not?
                        Don't we all need a little humor? LOL!

David Allen Coe - You Never Even Called Me By My Name

I was drunk, the day my mom got out of prison
                        And I went, to pick her up, in the rain*
                        but before I could get to the station in my pick up truck........

https://youtu.be/AI0_B_pRasM

* - see, there's that "rain" scheme

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                          Picked up some scrap lumber Friday. Pulled it off the truck yesterday. I had shade, but the sun was beaming down and it was hotter than an eleven dollar cook stove. I headed inside.
                          Normal for July here is hot, but dry. Uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Grass dies and everything just turns brown. We've had so much rain, it's hot AND humid! NOT a good combination!
                          About 6pm, the sun disappears, a HUGE thunderhead rolls in from the northwest and the bottom falls out!
                          My yard had almost dried out, now it's a swamp again and needs to be mowed. 😖! Oh well!

So I thought about this song!
                          Why not?
                          Don't we all need a little humor? LOL!

David Allen Coe - You Never Even Called Me By My Name

I was drunk, the day my mom got out of prison
                          And I went, to pick her up, in the rain*
                          but before I could get to the station in my pick up truck........

https://youtu.be/AI0_B_pRasM

* - see, there's that "rain" scheme
                          FB; Back in my college days a bunch of us were into watching pro wrestling, Ted Turner’s National Wrestling Alliance in particular. Every broadcast they’d give a rundown of upcoming events with the wrestlers scheduled to be there. We could never figure how David Allen Coe was on so many cards but never wrestled on TV.🤔🙄.

Comment

Coe is something else, alright.
                            He considered himself one of "The Outlaws", Waylon, Willie, Johnny and Kris. ...only in his dreams! LOL!
                            Coe has apparently done quite well in the country music market.....and I like some of his songs. I just can't see myself attending one of his concerts.
                            He should focus on music, not being controversial. There is enough controversy without his shenanigans.
                            But he is what he is!

Comment

Another good one. Like I mentioned earlier she has a birthday tomorrow and we celebrate 19 years of marriage in just over a week.

If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t have much to ramble on about in here.

Comment

Last edited by PigHunter; 07-18-2021, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad