4 th July Celebrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 th July Celebrate

Does your town people shoot off firearms on the 4 th ? My little Town of red necks will start at dusk and keep it up for hours. Well, maybe with the ammo shortage only one hour.

This and surrounding municipalities put out many, many warnings about firing off guns to celebrate. I think indiscriminate celebratory firing is a felony in some areas.

Comment

That is a crooked DA. What they do is over charge to a felony so the perp pleads to a misdemeanor and a fine and the fine goes in the judges drinking fund. Shooting in the air should be a minor offense, especially in the Country.

Comment

From jhjimbo: "..........pleads to a misdemeanor and a fine and the fine goes in the judges drinking fund. Shooting in the air should be a minor offense, especially in the Country."

You are probably right about Harris County. Their DA, kim ogg, has turned loose too many criminals to count. Howsoever, Galveston, Fort Bend, Chambers and several other counties around Harris, take any unlawful discharge seriously. If caught, you will face anything from firearms confiscation and a stiff fine, to jail time and a felony record. There have been woundings and fatalities on some major holidays from indiscriminate shooting by idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
          From jhjimbo: "..........pleads to a misdemeanor and a fine and the fine goes in the judges drinking fund. Shooting in the air should be a minor offense, especially in the Country."

You are probably right about Harris County. Their DA, kim ogg, has turned loose too many criminals to count. Howsoever, Galveston, Fort Bend, Chambers and several other counties around Harris, take any unlawful discharge seriously. If caught, you will face anything from firearms confiscation and a stiff fine, to jail time and a felony record. There have been woundings and fatalities on some major holidays from indiscriminate shooting by idiots.
          That is BS, the penalty does not fit the infraction. We have not had an injury in the 50 years I have lived here - rural area. 50,000 people die from Fentanyl every year - take care of that !

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            Does your town people shoot off firearms on the 4 th ? My little Town of red necks will start at dusk and keep it up for hours. Well, maybe with the ammo shortage only one hour.
            If I shoot off a gun in my town I would be handcuffed and stuck in a cop car and brought to jail like I was a murder.

One time as a kid I had a loud pellet gun. A couple buddies and I went out back shot it a couple times. Then just hang out in the back next thing two cop cars come flying around the streets looking for us.
            No the pellet never hit a house or nothing we shot them in the ground. Just the sound did it.

Comment

From jhjimbo: "That is BS, the penalty does not fit the infraction."

Maybe not where you live, in a sparsely populated rural area. Around here, we had two deaths last year from falling bullets. So yes, the penalty fits the infraction very well, thank you.
              I agree fentanyl is a real problem, that is probably what killed Saint george floyd, martyr of Minneapolis. But open borders and illegal immigrants muleing drugs for passage across our southern border is not one local law enforcement can solve. Indiscriminate discharge of firearms can be dealt with, to some degree.
              As to the fentanyl, trust in the current VP. After all, she is the appointed and anointed border czar!

Comment

Rule #5

Click image for larger version

Name:	2EC888DD-55D6-4E6B-9CBF-0CBA293D34F6.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	774968

Comment

Never heard the first pop, except on TV.
                  Never saw any fireworks display, except on TV.
                  Never heard a gun.
                  Never fired a gun.
                  Heck, I didn't even see my neighbor.
                  Nada!
                  Nothing!
                  Zilch!
                  Zip!
                  Zero!

Nice quiet weekend for me.

Comment

I live in a little Flyover state, not Eastern Montana sparse, but sparsely populated. My CCW instructor was a State Patrol firearm crime investigator, only with a more flowery title. He told a story in the required class of grandpa watching fireworks in a lawn chair, collapsing, family thinking coronary/stroke, etc. Upon closer eval, he has a neat little 44 mag-size hole in his back. Upon news of this mishap, a contrite neighbor turned himself in. Firing his pistol in the air to celebrate.

Instructor had quite a few good stories, and he was a gun guy. Ended up buying quite a few guns from his shop.

Comment

HEY JIMBO!

Did you lose this?

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...-insane-video/

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                        Never heard the first pop, except on TV.
                        Never saw any fireworks display, except on TV.
                        Never heard a gun.
                        Never fired a gun.
                        Heck, I didn't even see my neighbor.
                        Nada!
                        Nothing!
                        Zilch!
                        Zip!
                        Zero!

Nice quiet weekend for me.
                        Sorry to read Bubba passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                          I live in a little Flyover state, not Eastern Montana sparse, but sparsely populated. My CCW instructor was a State Patrol firearm crime investigator, only with a more flowery title. He told a story in the required class of grandpa watching fireworks in a lawn chair, collapsing, family thinking coronary/stroke, etc. Upon closer eval, he has a neat little 44 mag-size hole in his back. Upon news of this mishap, a contrite neighbor turned himself in. Firing his pistol in the air to celebrate.

Instructor had quite a few good stories, and he was a gun guy. Ended up buying quite a few guns from his shop.
                          I dated a girl from Antelope, Montana. Not sure if it is on the map. Their ranch had oil on it.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                            I heard about 5,500 lbs of fireworks in LA that exploded and just now a guy in Detroit got hit with a rocket in the chest and it killed him.

Comment

Now, that is a fireworks display!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Just Right
                                by labrador12
                                I'd prefer a short barreled 12 ga for oomph! They are hard to carry concealed. I went 9mm because the ammo is the cheapest. As a former NYer I wanted...
                                Today, 09:03 AM
                              • Just Right
                                by jhjimbo
                                Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
                                06-28-2022, 04:59 PM
                              • Reply to Just Right
                                by FirstBubba
                                Your mention of the .380/9mm is what drew my attention.
                                I meant no offense to you or anyone else.
                                I just don't think the .380 or the 9mm aren't...
                                Today, 08:44 AM
                              • Reply to Just Right
                                by dewman
                                FB: your comment confuses me as to why you put it in the context of quoting me? How does what I said have any bearing on the point you were making?
                                Today, 08:23 AM
                              • Reply to TGIF; Armageddon
                                by FirstBubba
                                Safe travels, mi amigo!...
                                Today, 07:44 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X