Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Folks

Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.

Point the finger at where the problem is....

I haven't shot anything in so long, my trigger finger got stiff from lack of exercise.

Comment

I'm just now getting back on my feet! WHEW! I can get around with crutches now. Foot feels good.

Got part of my grapes pruned and pulled back onto a trellis and mowed around the blackberries.
      Would love to do some shooting.
      Maybe tomorrow!

Comment

My guns are safer than Biden's German Shepherd. They haven't bitten anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          I'm just now getting back on my feet! WHEW! I can get around with crutches now. Foot feels good.

Got part of my grapes pruned and pulled back onto a trellis and mowed around the blackberries.
          Would love to do some shooting.
          Maybe tomorrow!
          That must have been quite the interesting performance to see.....you mowing while on crutches......just how does one manage such a interesting feat ??

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
            My guns are safer than Biden's German Shepherd. They haven't bitten anybody.
            The dog died.

Comment

Heck, I didn't even give anyone a dirty look this weekend. Not even when we went to a supposedly famous BBQ joint and my pulled-pork and brisket "platter" consisted of about a half-cup of pork and three slices of brisket about the size of bacon rashers. Some platter. Still, my sample of pork did taste excellent, and my french fries were skin-on, nice and golden, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I'm not much for complaining in restaurants, anyway -- not unless it's really a grievous sin, like undercooked chicken.

On the way home that night, we saw a doe and the first newborn I've seen this year. Also three bunches of turkeys, probably 40 all told.

Comment

"... you mowing while on crutches......just how does one manage such a interesting feat ?? ..."

It was a walking mower! 😂!

Hold down mow bar.
                Release travel bar.
                Push forward, pull back, push forward.
                Hobble forward a step or two.
                Repeat as necessary.
                Turn around.
                Discover crutches out of range.
                Push.
                Stop.
                Hobble.
                Push.
                Stop.
                Hobble, until crutches are in range....again!
                PHEW!!!
                Hobble into house.
                Sit down in chair.
                Recline chair!

The best part is sitting in the recliner, foot throbbing, mumbling things under your breath about your own intellect!

Sad part? Gotta do it again tomorrow! 😖!

p.s. - surgery was Apr 5th and the PT guys says my progress is beyond expectation.
                He says, "Keep pushing, just be cautious and don't over do it."
                Last edited by FirstBubba; 06-21-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

The dog died.
                  The dog that died wasn't the "biter".

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

The dog died.
                    As other posted, the biter lives. It won't be forgotten that the dog's wrong doing was covered up as was the owner's.

Comment

I have found that a riding mower takes less of a toll on crippled people, but you get more exercise with a pushing style reel mower.
                      Just an observation:-))

Comment

People don't buy a mower without an engine, just like at the flea market tools without a power cord or battery don't sell too well.

Comment

Why does Bubba constantly corrupt a post by inserting an irrelevant post that changes the thread. He does that all the time.
                          We were talking about shootings and he is mowing his fu..ing lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                            "... you mowing while on crutches......just how does one manage such a interesting feat ?? ..."

It was a walking mower! 😂!

Hold down mow bar.
                            Release travel bar.
                            Push forward, pull back, push forward.
                            Hobble forward a step or two.
                            Repeat as necessary.
                            Turn around.
                            Discover crutches out of range.
                            Push.
                            Stop.
                            Hobble.
                            Push.
                            Stop.
                            Hobble, until crutches are in range....again!
                            PHEW!!!
                            Hobble into house.
                            Sit down in chair.
                            Recline chair!

The best part is sitting in the recliner, foot throbbing, mumbling things under your breath about your own intellect!

Sad part? Gotta do it again tomorrow! 😖!

p.s. - surgery was Apr 5th and the PT guys says my progress is beyond expectation.
                            He says, "Keep pushing, just be cautious and don't over do it."
                            Funny stuff Bubba, you must be one damn dedicated guy, or at least a lover of turmoil, or one who loves ingenious ways of getting a job done ! I thought that was why wives were invented........?!?!

Comment

.......”Point the finger at where the problem is.......” !

But jimbo, that would be racist and will never be entered as a source of the issue. It is easier to claim all guns and gun owners are the problem........don’t want to piss off the privileged few now do we !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad