Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desantis sends cops to Texas Border. First step on road to secede?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Desantis sends cops to Texas Border. First step on road to secede?

    If the state governments and the people in the states no longer trust the central government, is the union in danger? The blue is too small to maintain cohesion. Urban areas, BLM, ANTIFA, and the faggot queer alliance aren't exactly good glue. Our Democracy doesn't mean what Chuck Schumer thinks it means. The unthinkable may not be anymore.

  • #2
    When red states start sending men with guns to assist other red states, we have crossed the Rubicon. States are declaring themselves Second Amendment Sanctuary States, immune to Federal Law, just like immigration Sanctuary States. Looks like the Feds are losing their authority. Sovereign declarations are not far off. States with 50% or more of Federal lands won't be too hard to convince. The Feds are becoming a hassle not a asset.
    DC can be a State in the new woke country, its not a state under the Constitution of the United States. Read Kurt Schlicters books about the big split of the US into the normals and the woke. It is hilarious, but sobering when you listen to the Democrats in DC.

    Comment


    • #3
      I know the nuts and bolts of what's happening with the border and Florida sending help for Texas and Arizona, but I haven't read up on the political theory pertaining to it. So I might be missing something -- but I don't think there are any secession undertones. I've always found secession interesting to talk about but don't see it ever really happening. Come the sticking point, I doubt the distrust and disagreement would win over the security and financial benefits of remaining in the U.S.

      But moreover, I think there would likely be serious upheaval and conflict within the states themselves over the decision to attempt secession in the first place. Other than a couple of the western states (and maybe even those), no state is as uniformly "red" or "blue" as they make it look on the media's election maps. There'd be civil wars within state lines before there'd be a secession from the union. Which then begs the question, what would be left standing to secede and form a new nation?

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree with you Matt, but more and more people don't feel like they are represented in their government. I lived in Oswego County in NY for 65 years. Cuomo's government didn't represent me well and I left. I'm in Pa and Ak, both of which stick in my craw less than the formerly great State of New York. Nothing is perfect, but the actions of Bidens government about white supremacy and the actions of Cuomo's government towards Conservatives seem similar. The treatment of BLM and Antifa, vs the treatment of the Jan 6 people is enlightening. Compare the Neanderthal remarks Biden uses when talking about Texas to his attitude about our Democracy. Something is going to have to give. The red states aren't going to play nice forever.

        Comment


        • #5
          1) CBP agents can only enforce Federal immigration laws. They can't enforce state/local statutes. They can only detain and hold*.
          2) state, county or local LEO's don't have the authority to "enforce" Federal statutes.
          3) Nat'l Guard troops on the U.S. border are only there as support personnel to free up actual CBP agents and are not involved in patrol or arrests.

          *-if they choose

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
            When red states start sending men with guns to assist other red states, we have crossed the Rubicon. States are declaring themselves Second Amendment Sanctuary States, immune to Federal Law, just like immigration Sanctuary States. Looks like the Feds are losing their authority. Sovereign declarations are not far off. States with 50% or more of Federal lands won't be too hard to convince. The Feds are becoming a hassle not a asset.
            DC can be a State in the new woke country, its not a state under the Constitution of the United States. Read Kurt Schlicters books about the big split of the US into the normals and the woke. It is hilarious, but sobering when you listen to the Democrats in DC.
            The state of Missouri just signed their SAPA (Second Amendment Protection Act) law into effect.
            It doesn't allow state, county or local LEO's to enforce Federal gun statutes. This goes back to the "Sanctuary City" liberal scheme where local LEO's won't notify Fed LEO's when they are holding immigrants wanted on federal charges.

            Comment


            • #7
              The Federal Authority is getting more random and arbitrary in how it chooses to enforce laws and regulations. As the federal system leaves an area of responsibility and a state or states replace it cohesion is lost. Equity replaces equality, and might makes right. Bad times on the way.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                The Federal Authority is getting more random and arbitrary in how it chooses to enforce laws and regulations. As the federal system leaves an area of responsibility and a state or states replace it cohesion is lost. Equity replaces equality, and might makes right. Bad times on the way.
                lab12, if you see a person you KNOW is an illegal immigrant sitting on a park bench and you report it to Border Patrol, they will tell you to call ICE.
                Border Patrol's only responsibility is aliens illegally crossing the border. ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) handles illegal immigrants only if CBP didn't catch them at the border.

                A LOT of this crap started with Miranda warnings when liberals began handicapping LEOs with more and more inane regulations to protect lawbreakers rights.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                  I know the nuts and bolts of what's happening with the border and Florida sending help for Texas and Arizona, but I haven't read up on the political theory pertaining to it. So I might be missing something -- but I don't think there are any secession undertones. I've always found secession interesting to talk about but don't see it ever really happening. Come the sticking point, I doubt the distrust and disagreement would win over the security and financial benefits of remaining in the U.S.

                  But moreover, I think there would likely be serious upheaval and conflict within the states themselves over the decision to attempt secession in the first place. Other than a couple of the western states (and maybe even those), no state is as uniformly "red" or "blue" as they make it look on the media's election maps. There'd be civil wars within state lines before there'd be a secession from the union. Which then begs the question, what would be left standing to secede and form a new nation?
                  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...abiding-states


                  Actually there were people on both sides of the Civil War who were against what their side was doing.

                  You are right that the economy benefits both sides to much to split.

                  What happens when the economic bubble bursts?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Watch the video.

                    https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...texas-arizona/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I heard FL is sending some National Guard. Texas Sheriffs could deputize the troops and give them full law enforcement authority on State land. Nobody has mentioned what the Feds consider their 'right of way' along the border. It must not have been too much as they have had to 'take' some of the ranchers land.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        I heard FL is sending some National Guard. Texas Sheriffs could deputize the troops and give them full law enforcement authority on State land. Nobody has mentioned what the Feds consider their 'right of way' along the border. It must not have been too much as they have had to 'take' some of the ranchers land.
                        jimbo,
                        The Rio Grande is pretty bad about "changing course".
                        There are areas on South Texas where the border can be geographically located. The river will be well within the boundary of Mexico. There are ranches that own land on both sides of the border. The CBP has to allow those people access to their property.
                        From Brownsville, TX to Zapata, TX, there are homes and properties that run right up to the banks of the river.
                        Yes, the CBP has "taken" (but paid for) some land for fence construction.

                        Can county sheriff's deputize Nat'l Guardsmen? I don't know.

                        "... Feds consider their 'right of way' along the border. ..."

                        Well sir jimbo, it all depends on what section of the border you're looking at, whether the river has changed course lately and if the border can be identified geographically. (i.e. GPS coordinates)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

                          jimbo,
                          The Rio Grande is pretty bad about "changing course".
                          There are areas on South Texas where the border can be geographically located. The river will be well within the boundary of Mexico. There are ranches that own land on both sides of the border. The CBP has to allow those people access to their property.
                          From Brownsville, TX to Zapata, TX, there are homes and properties that run right up to the banks of the river.
                          Yes, the CBP has "taken" (but paid for) some land for fence construction.

                          Can county sheriff's deputize Nat'l Guardsmen? I don't know.

                          "... Feds consider their 'right of way' along the border. ..."

                          Well sir jimbo, it all depends on what section of the border you're looking at, whether the river has changed course lately and if the border can be identified geographically. (i.e. GPS coordinates)
                          I am sure they can figure it out if you can't.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

                            I am sure they can figure it out if you can't.
                            Oh, I got it figured out just fine jimbo. I stay the hell away from the border.
                            If you'll remember, a couple out jet skiing on one of the border lake, wandered across the US/Mexico border. The centerline of the lake. One of them was killed and the other wounded by, apparently, cartel members from Mexico.

                            I leave border business to the CBP. That's their job.
                            THEY know where the border is. I don't have to worry about it.
                            I spend winters 50 miles from the Tex-Mex border. I see, speak to and know a lot of CBP folks.

                            NOTE:
                            People keep going to places like Cancun, Acapulco and other popular tourist destinations, thinking those areas are safe.

                            Cartel shooters on a jet ski shot up one of the beaches at Cancun a week or so ago!
                            Didn't hear that on the LSM did you?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Okay. Found this.

                              Gov R. DeSantis (R-FL) isn't sending Nat'l Guard troops to TX and AZ.
                              He's sending excess(?) state, county and local (municipal) law enforcement officers to help out.
                              Those people CAN be deputized by local county sheriff's or metro PD's to assist in stopping and detaining illegal aliens. Or arresting them for breaking a local ordinance.
                              But they still can't enforce Fed immigration laws.
                              "Detaining" and "holding" are two different roles than enforcing laws.

                              Look at it like this.
                              A state trooper can't (won't?) arrest you for too many fish, but he can detain and hold you until a game warden arrives.
                              A state trooper is not responsible for game laws.
                              Nor is a game warden responsible for someone speeding, but they can detain and hold a suspected drunk driver until a state trooper arrives.

                              https://wethepeopledaily.com/2021/06...eads-for-help/

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                              Right Rail 1

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X