F&S and OL E-subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&S and OL E-subscription

Is anyone planning on subscribing or even tried to yet? I’ll admit to being curious about the new format but don’t want to be disappointed, not even sure how much I’d be willing to shell out.

Somewhat related, it occurred to me that Edition125 Vol 4 was sort of a collectible in the making. I used to save issues that had something of interest in them but that went by the wayside awhile ago. I’m thinking I should hang on to this last one. Probably won’t ever be valuable but would be a cool piece to have around.

I'm also curious. Gonna need hard details before I choose.

Comment

No. Haven't taken the paper issue in several years, since the writing all went downhill like an avalanche. Won't subscribe to the online crap, because you have to give your life history to some disquis outfit just to comment. Not interested in giving up that much information when all it is going to do is get you swamped with ads for useless crap.

Comment

Yes! I signed right up, and it's phenomenal. Chock full of great stories and down-to-earth tips, and hardly any plugs for overpriced gear. Can't wait for the next e-issue!

Sorry, couldn't resist. In related news, though, I did see on the regular website that T. Edward Nickens has released a volume of his stories from over the years. That should be a good read.
        Last edited by MattM37; 06-02-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          Yes! I signed right up, and it's phenomenal. Chock full of great stories and down-to-earth tips, and hardly any plugs for overpriced gear. Can't wait for the next e-issue!

Sorry, couldn't resist. In related news, though, I did see on the regular website that T. Edward Nickens has released a volume of his stories from over the years. That should be a good read.
          Good to know on the book, I’ve always liked Nickens’ writing.

Comment

Back to the top;

I received an email from F&S today stating that my first E-subscription issue was available to access. Has anyone else that had an active print subscription get the same notification?

Since I was paid through 2023 but also was set up for automatic renewal I’m not sure if I’m covered through the old subscription or if they’ll try to charge me again. I sent an email through their “Contact Us” link asking this but it says they’ll get back with in 48 hours so I’m not holding my breath.

I also commented on the lack of communication and oversight in general and suggested they address this. I’ll report back if I actually hear from someone. Meantime I’m not opening the link since I have no idea what the terms are.

Might have to be the crash test dummy for this ride eventually.

Comment

I got an email but don't have an active subscription.

Comment

I have a subscription, but I'm not sure if it's active. It's supposed to be good til this month and I haven't gotten anything for 8 months or more. I looked at the email and also wondered if I should try it. Still uncertain.

Comment

Do I understand the hard copy will eventually be discontinued ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    Do I understand the hard copy will eventually be discontinued ?
                    Yup, all gone since last fall. Colin Kearns posted the obit on the main page last month.

Comment

I got the digital - man that is a big library of issues. Will this form disappear as more people get the digital. If the hard copy is gone and people don't get digital, how could they follow along on different articles here ??

Comment

I flipped through the first digital issue. Well done and lots of stories I am going back to. Easy to use with many interesting factoids.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                          I got the digital - man that is a big library of issues. Will this form disappear as more people get the digital. If the hard copy is gone and people don't get digital, how could they follow along on different articles here ??
                          Did you access though the email link or sign up separately?

Still haven’t heard back and have no idea what a subscription runs if mine has actually expired with the change over.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Did you access though the email link or sign up separately?

Still haven’t heard back and have no idea what a subscription runs if mine has actually expired with the change over.
                            I signed up. There is mention of a fee but no amount listed. I figure if I don't like it I can always cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Good to know on the book, I’ve always liked Nickens’ writing.
                              When Nickens gives survival suggestions he expects a guy will have the complete inventory of a ACE hardware in his back pocket.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad