No announcement yet.

Be Safe Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea how many miles I've driven since about 1964/65. Probably a couple of million or so if not more. I've had couple of minor fender benders and one major head-on.
    Never any road rage incidents that involved much more than an exchange of unpleasantries and a one finger salute.

Interestingly, the first fatality after Texas enacted their concealed carry law was in Dallas.
    A vehicle clipped the mirror of a "semi" (dump truck?) at a traffic light. The truck driver was pounding the offending driver through the window. The other driver was armed. Road rage settled. Game over.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
      Along with the careless drivers and the angry drivers, the well-meaning but stupid can be just as dangerous. It kills me how often someone will stop to wave me out, or let me turn left in front of them, heedless of the vehicles coming in their adjacent lane who aren't thinking the same thing.
      Insurance adjuster told me once they call that one "the wave of death".

Comment

I've never seen so many people ignoring right of way to wave me through as I see here in Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
          Dakotaman; Great story, except I’d like to know just how you were keeping up with the maniac without doing every stupid thing he was doing.
          The traffic was pretty heavy fitch, especially with trucks, and his occasional excessive speeding really wasn't helping him gain much on traffic. I just passed when I could and I seemed to catch up with him regularly. At times, he was a few cars ahead of me. The right lane was pretty much plugged up with 16 wheelers but I could pass there every once in a while. Over a three mile stretch, terrorizing cars seemed to gain him about 100 yards. I never had to exceed the speed limit or be reckless while following him. I just wanted to stay near the same mile marker he was in so I could direct the Highway Patrol to his location. It helped that they were very responsive so I didn't have to follow him too far.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

The traffic was pretty heavy fitch, especially with trucks, and his occasional excessive speeding really wasn't helping him gain much on traffic. I just passed when I could and I seemed to catch up with him regularly. At times, he was a few cars ahead of me. The right lane was pretty much plugged up with 16 wheelers but I could pass there every once in a while. Over a three mile stretch, terrorizing cars seemed to gain him about 100 yards. I never had to exceed the speed limit or be reckless while following him. I just wanted to stay near the same mile marker he was in so I could direct the Highway Patrol to his location. It helped that they were very responsive so I didn't have to follow him too far.
            Is the Canadian border still closed ?

Comment

Road rage on tape!

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...wl-is-comical/

Comment

Speed kills.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...s-study-shows/

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

Thanks, you’re original post made it sound like you actively gave chase.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad