Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronology of NRA problems

Article from OL
    Judge Denies NRA Bankruptcy. Here's What Comes Next (outdoorlife.com)

90% of the corruption allegations and probably that much corruption would go away with the resignation of wayne lapierre.

Comment

Well, I have wondered for years where all the money was going. Now we know. Can't disagree with anything that was brought out in the exposé. lapierre has, like any politician, been there too long.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
        Well, I have wondered for years where all the money was going. Now we know. Can't disagree with anything that was brought out in the exposé. lapierre has, like any politician, been there too long.
        Just a point to consider, CEO's of similar $$$ size major Corporations also have similar 'perks' and they are approved by their Board's. I worked for one that took the Corp jet (big enough it could go trans Atlantic, plus their wives with fully stocked liquor cabinet) to visit a Plant. Thing was, they stopped for a week in Paris on the way. It happens all the time.

Comment

I don't consider the NRA to be a corporation, major, or otherwise. The NRA is an advocacy group, or lobbying firm, if you will, aimed at protecting and defending the Second Amendment rights guaranteed by the Constitution. I am having a hard time reconciling a quarter million dollar wardrobe and multi-million dollar houses paid for by dues and contributions with defending our Second Amendment rights. I would actually be happier with an exposé of a pay-off to some politician to steer a vote. Which, I don't doubt has happened. Sleazy, but in line with the supposed aims of the organization.
          This whole thing only makes lapierre look sleazy, and by association, the whole NRA.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
            I don't consider the NRA to be a corporation, major, or otherwise. The NRA is an advocacy group, or lobbying firm, if you will, aimed at protecting and defending the Second Amendment rights guaranteed by the Constitution. I am having a hard time reconciling a quarter million dollar wardrobe and multi-million dollar houses paid for by dues and contributions with defending our Second Amendment rights. I would actually be happier with an exposé of a pay-off to some politician to steer a vote. Which, I don't doubt has happened. Sleazy, but in line with the supposed aims of the organization.
            This whole thing only makes lapierre look sleazy, and by association, the whole NRA.
            The NRA is 'Incorporated' in New Your State.

Comment

I joined the NRA several times with an annual membership. Twenty, twenty five dollars. Over the next year or two, I would recieve probably twice that value in snail mail letters as duns for more money.
              If I had replied to each letter with a donation, I would have probably sent them an additional two or three hundred dollars.
              It was much cheaper and a lot less frustrating to just go down and buy firestarter blocks.

Comment

The concept of the NRA is superior to the reality. Wayne has been in that job waaay too long. The Second Amendment is going to be supported by millions of Americans whether or not the NRA continues to exist. Democrats and the scumsucking media don't win if the NRA goes away. The Second Amendenment supporters don't and won't disappear over night just because the lobbyists go away.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                  The concept of the NRA is superior to the reality. Wayne has been in that job waaay too long. The Second Amendment is going to be supported by millions of Americans whether or not the NRA continues to exist. Democrats and the scumsucking media don't win if the NRA goes away. The Second Amendenment supporters don't and won't disappear over night just because the lobbyists go away.
                  There are still several organizations out there that are fighting the "good fight".
                  SAF, CCRKBA, JPFO, GOA, etc, etc....

Here is a recent "pro-gun" decision by SCOTUS. Note the vote was 9-0. Even the libs knew it was wrong.

https://redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew...ctrine-n381787

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                    They will lose the cohesive power of 6 million ;members. That has been important as a lobby to the Congress. Wayne has been there because he has produced in the past.

Comment

From jhjimbo: "Wayne has been there because he has produced in the past."

Can't argue that, not in the slightest. However, the past, is past. lapierre has let his position of power override his dedication to the founding mission of the NRA, which was to promote the shooting sports, and defend the Second Amendment. No one needs a quarter million dollar wardrobe to be well dressed. With his annual income, lapierre can well afford any home that he would choose to live in, without bleeding funds from the operating capital of the NRA to pay for it.
                      Then, there were the discrepancies about travel, (Budapest? Italy? the Bahamas?), expenses for his wife's hairdressers, (hairdressers? plural?!), private jets, ad nauseam. Sounds like lapierre has been living the life of a king, on the backs of NRA members who are constantly solicited for contributions to "protect their threatened Second Amendment rights." Like any politician, his length of tenure has opend his eyes to greed, and blinded him to the true mission of his constitutiants.
                      How threatened were our rights during the Trump administration?
                      Now, with a real threat looming from probably the most anti-gun administration since the clinton regime, all this comes out, just in time to severely undermine the most effective lobby of any type working in Washington, D.C.!
                      No, it is time for either lapierre to resign, or be booted out by the voting membership. I can tell you one thing, I am a voting member, and not one dime will I contribute, as long as lapierre is in his position, and I will never vote for him to stay in that position.

Edited after call from the NRA:
                      Amazing, I had not been finished writing this rant for thirty minutes, when I got one of those live solicitation call from some lady at the NRA. She informed me that the call was being recorded for "quality and training purposes," and since I knew what she was going to say, sat and listened patiently.
                      Once she was through asking for money and offering me the highest level of NRA membership for $300.00, normally $1500.00, I informed her that I was an Endowment Life member, quoted her my NRA number, and read the above paragraphs to her, verbatim. Talk about a shocked silence! I finally asked her if she was still there, and she very shakily informed me that she would pass my comment along. Talk about perfect timing!
                      Last edited by crm3006; 05-18-2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad