Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's beginning to look like mask wearing and the big lockdown were unnecessary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
    I just say yes. I have been vaccinated three times for every tropical disease extant to Africa and Asia, and as far as I am aware, those vaccinations do not expire. As for the chinese communist virus vaccination, I see no need to take it, with antibodies existing in my blood. Should I need to show proof of vaccination, I'm sure either a vaccination certificate or a notation on my international certificate of vaccination could be obtained. Probably at a flea market or on eBay.
    In the '60 at SAC Hq a Tech Sgt was getting ready for overseas and needed a black plague. Guess what - he got the Plague wound up in the Hospital for a week.

That was the old style vaccine where the bacteria was attenuated so you actually got a low dose of the bug. Now it's very specific gene manipulation.

Comment

Hey Rat did you read the article? Hospitals over full death everywhere. That doesn't look like your graph. Typical Chinese lying crap. Trump did a better job than any one anywhere in the semi free world. If we had concentrated on protecting the aged, and the ill, we could have cut our deaths in half or more. Democrat governors totally blew it by sending covid positives into longterm care facilities to bump the death toll up. They wanted the death toll as high as possible to make the national cheer leader, Trump, look bad. The media and the Democrats prevailed. Too bad for the US citizenry.

Comment

MASKS DON'T WORK!!!!

https://youtu.be/BslFT9cKZwc

Comment

Cloth masks are no good for smoke but work to stop COVID-19 spread, despite social media rumors to the contrary.

https://www.oregonlive.com/wildfires...-contrary.html

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            Cloth masks are no good for smoke but work to stop COVID-19 spread, despite social media rumors to the contrary.

https://www.oregonlive.com/wildfires...-contrary.html
            I was reading somewhere that one of the more blatant mistakes was in quantifying what size droplets could be considered aerosolized, like able to stay suspended in air, and it was 100 somethings not 5, microns maybe. And that the thing was spread via air almost entirely.

Lab keep reading, there's more past the first 5 paragraphs. All that death and overflowing hospitals is that big spike you see.

Today I bought a pallet of concrete at Lowes. Cashier and fork lift guys masked so I was too. Also went to King Soopers (Krogers) all were masked as normal. I don't care, I'll wear them if everyone else is, not if they aren't.

Comment

Since the CDC says fully immunized (not doubly RR, that would be getting more than one make of vaccine) folks can mostly ditch the masks I’m about ready to burn mine. Not sure what Prince Andy will allow but he’s been kinda quiet of late.

Regardless, things are opening up and people are starting to relax. Our vaccine clinics are now taking walk ins, basically there’s no excuse for not getting one if you want it. I guess if you have health issues it’s on you to be careful but that’s nothing new. The way I figure it if you don’t want the vaccine there’s no reason for me to worry about you either. I’m ok with that.

Still doesn’t make sense that they now say you don’t need the mask vaccinated, they’ve said all along it doesn’t prevent you from getting or spreading the virus only that it protects you from the severity. Just more double talk the same as from the start.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadlin...234755926/amp/

Interesting bit from that article.

“The Yankees have been particularly hard hit, with seven coaches and trainers infected prior to Torres, who contracted the virus for the second time in a year. He previously caught Covid-19 in the offseason.”

And he was vaccinated. Anyone think this stuff is going to go away?
              Last edited by fitch270; 05-16-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

A claim of 95% effectiveness for vaccines allows for some slippage.

Comment

"... Anyone think this stuff is going to go away? ..."

It will never "go away". We still have Spanish flu, avian flu, H1N1, all those different flu strains. We (i.e. humans) develope immunity and they become irrelevant.
                  We still have polio, anthrax and tons of other goodies.

Comment

It doesn't have to "go away" if it is reduced to a prevalence that allows us to go back to the pre-covid days.
                    Like the seasonal flu.
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 05-16-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

It doesn't have to "go away" if it is reduced to a prevalence that allows us to go back to the pre-covid days.
                      Like the seasonal flu.
                      But, but it’s not the flu. It’s worse and we can’t still can’t even prevent the flu.

End sarcasm.

Comment

Imagine that, the snowhole has finally come around to Trump's position of the Chinese bat Boogy flu!

Comment

A claim of 95% effectiveness for vaccines allows for some slippage.
                          Been a lot of claims since the start that weren’t true. They don’t even know how long these vaccines are effective, never mind that you can still transmit the virus.

The vaccines are being pushed on the public as a preventative when what they really are for is herd immunity. What no one likes to talk about is that part of herd immunity means the weak still get taken out as a part of the process. What you just refered to as slippage is simply acceptable collateral damage.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Been a lot of claims since the start that weren’t true. They don’t even know how long these vaccines are effective, never mind that you can still transmit the virus.

The vaccines are being pushed on the public as a preventative when what they really are for is herd immunity. What no one likes to talk about is that part of herd immunity means the weak still get taken out as a part of the process. What you just refered to as slippage is simply acceptable collateral damage.
                            DAAAA-YUMMMM!!!

"fitch270 speak truth, paleface!"

Comment

The ONLY reason I will apply a face diaper is to get in to see a doctor and even that chaps my chili!

You require a mask to enter yer bidness, I'll take my "bidness" elsewhere!

Comment

Fitch I can't find much to disagree with what you've been saying. It's not much my worry, I was vaccinated long ago, and so far vaccines have been very effective against severe illness and even infection.

Herd immunity also protects those who can't take the vaccine for medical reasons and can reduce the chance for variants. Going forward there will be scare stories about variants with not much way to tell which if any are of concern.

Polio is extremely rare, as is measles, mumps, chickenpox, and smallpox is gone. I'd hope that at some point covid would go the way of other rare diseases.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad