Liz Cheney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liz Cheney

I'm of mixed enthusiasm for the current split amongst Republicans. I do appreciate truthfulness and honesty, also supporting our democratic systems of elections, on the other hand the Trumpists are of a populist bent that I support. The Democratic Party hasn't improved much since winning the Presidency and there is a potential for change in the country, admitting one lost an election is a good place to begin. The Cheynies are supposed to release some sort of statement tomorrow.

I admire Rep. Cheney for putting country before party as one of only ten Republicans in the House to vote to impeach Donald Trump for the Jan. 6th insurrection.

"In my career as a judge and in law enforcement, I have not seen a more dangerous threat to democracy than the invasion of the Capitol,” Garland said, calling the attack an “attempt to interfere with a fundamental element of our democracy, the peaceful transfer of power.” The attorney general went on to say that “there has to be a hierarchy of things that we prioritize. This would be the one we’d prioritize.”
    Last edited by 99explorer; 05-12-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Chris Krebs was on Maddow tonight. He was in charge of cybersecurity and Election fraud. Did not do very good job as everything was hacked including the Pentagon. Trump fired him.

Comment

I think the Dems and Libs wish they could convert Cheney.

Comment

Rep. Cheney has the luxury of voting her conscience, and not the party line.
          I wish there were more like her in both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            I think the Dems and Libs wish they could convert Cheney.
            On just about every issue imaginable Cheney is far to the right of Trump. Dems have wandered right on some issues, but not that far.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

On just about every issue imaginable Cheney is far to the right of Trump. Dems have wandered right on some issues, but not that far.
              I don't understand the dichotomy ?

Comment

All of the wingnuts who voted for the last impeachment were out in left field. Whiz Cheney can vote however she wants as a lame (sitting) duck since the voters of Wyoming appear ready to kick her fat buttocks to the curb. Lol
                Happy Trails

Comment

Here is the way I see it:
                  Legislators should represent the views of their constituents in legislative matters, like abortion, regardless of their own personal views, which might be pro-choice.
                  The Republican party platform is pro-life, so a representative from a heavily GOP state should support a pro-life position.
                  But in criminal matters, like an impeachment, representatives serve as a members of a grand jury, and should vote their consciences.

Comment

Right now 75+ million citizens think Trump should be President. Liz does not think so, except that is not the wish of her constituents.

Comment

Sorry, but that is not a legislative matter.

Comment

She did vote to reelect Trump in the 2020 election, but that was before he incited the insurrection at the Capitol on Jan. 6th, for which she voted in favor of impeachment.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post

She did vote to reelect Trump in the 2020 election, but that was before he incited the insurrection at the Capitol on Jan. 6th, for which she voted in favor of impeachment.
                          Trump didn’t incite anything but a rally. A few bad actors whipped up the frenzy that stormed the Capitol. You can decide who, what, when, where on that one. I’m betting the forensic audits will turn up facts that support the claims of election fraud just like Kennedy / Dem mob in Illinois 1960.

Comment

From WAM: "I’m betting the forensic audits will turn up facts that support the claims of election fraud just like Kennedy / Dem mob in Illinois 1960."

Sure the facts will prove Trump won the election. Actually, it has already been 99¾% proven that Trump won, bite-me lost, and we have a fraudulently elected president and a fake administration. Will anything ever be done to rectify the situation? I seriously doubt it. The fraud will be allowed to stand "for the good of the country." Bullshit buttered with chicken manure.

Comment

It would appear pretty certain that any attempt by courts to validate the voting fraud would result in such an explosive revolt by the left, that it was determined to go the safe route and let the election stand ! Something had to determine to not even have one judge look into all the evidence that was obtained with no questions asked. But, if all went above board, I still can not understand all the attempts by D’rats to stop any audits, and to use any means possible.........!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
                                by PigHunter
                                I've got 4455 primers total. Of those, 1274 are large rifle, 683 are small rifle. Besides that, I've got cases already primed and ready to load: 200 for...
                                Today, 12:07 AM
                              • Hey Folks
                                by jhjimbo
                                Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                                06-21-2021, 11:12 AM
                              • Reply to 2020 Election - what is broken ?
                                by 99explorer
                                Were Poll Watchers ‘Thrown Out’ of Vote Counting Rooms?

In the wake of the 2020 presidential election, the Trump campaign spread this rumor...
                                Today, 12:02 AM
                              • 2020 Election - what is broken ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                As far as I know, the rigged part of the ballots was the Presidential ticket, down ballot I don't believe were tampered with....
                                Yesterday, 10:17 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Folks
                                by PigHunter
                                I've been using factory loaded Hornady 143gr ELD-X and it's been good for deer and pigs. Accuracy at the range is under 1 MOA. But am down to 38 rounds....
                                Yesterday, 11:59 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X