Cataract Surgery this month.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cataract Surgery this month.

I've been having real problems with glare during the day. I can't see my dashboard when its sunny. Night driving is almost impossible. I hope everything goes well. I can only see well enough to read out of my right eye. I've been pretty much one eyed for all of my life. I'm getting the surgery now so that I'll be recovered and ready to drive to Bellingham in early July.

We've never seen eye to eye, but I wish you well.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
      I've been having real problems with glare during the day. I can't see my dashboard when its sunny. Night driving is almost impossible. I hope everything goes well. I can only see well enough to read out of my right eye. I've been pretty much one eyed for all of my life. I'm getting the surgery now so that I'll be recovered and ready to drive to Bellingham in early July.
      They say it's a hour in and out. Good Luck

Comment

Eye surgery is lucrative, and the hours are good, it attracts good docs. Good luck.

I'm a week out of surgery myself. Lots of color on my left arm, shoulder, and chest, like black and blue and yellow with bits of red and purple.

I hope they don't put you all the way under, they have some really good methods of anesthesia of late, but getting all the way under with breathing tubes and drugs still sucks big time.

luck

Comment

From labordor12: "....I'm getting the surgery now so that I'll be recovered and ready to drive to Bellingham in early July."

You will be recovered and driving long before July. Should be ready to go two or three days after surgery. Just take care and follow any and all post op suggestions and instructions. When I had my cataract/lens replacement surgery, I went in on a Friday, and was back at work and operating a 100 ton crane on the following Monday. With muchly improved vision!
          One thing you will probably experience is a halo or glare ring around lights at night. It is not blinding, just a different look, and will take a little getting used to. It seems to fade over time, or perhaps the brain adjusts. Just a small difference, and the increase in vision is incredible.
          You may or may not still reading glasses to read fine print. My lens replacements gave me 20/20, good enough to again see iron sights, read cards or dominoes on a table, and just about anything else, except read a book twelve inches in front of me. Reading glasses are a minor annoyance.
          Lots of luck with the impending procedure, and we will all be wishing you well and a speedy recovery. It won't take as long as you think.
          crm

Comment

Best wishes lab ! Hope this takes care of all your sight issues.......!

Comment

Wish you a fast recovery, good luck. From the other comments, it sounds like cataract surgery has come a long way. My mom had it way back when, mid-60s probably, and was virtually blind without her thick glasses.

Comment

My Old Man had his second done about two weeks ago, he’s glad to be able to see well out of both eyes again. He had the first one done 3-4 years ago, it was in worse shape at the time. Mom had both hers done two years ago. They had a painting of a beach scene in their living room for several years and she never knew there was more than one seagull in it until she got home from the surgery.

Odds are you’ll be happy when it’s over Lab, hope it goes well.

Comment

Cataracts?!
                  You gonna let 'em work on your waterfalls?!

Best wishes lab12!

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                    Eye surgery is lucrative, and the hours are good, it attracts good docs. Good luck.

I'm a week out of surgery myself. Lots of color on my left arm, shoulder, and chest, like black and blue and yellow with bits of red and purple.

I hope they don't put you all the way under, they have some really good methods of anesthesia of late, but getting all the way under with breathing tubes and drugs still sucks big time.

luck
                    Sounds like you had a quack. Dr. I talked to said just a local of the eye.

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes guys. I'm hoping for better vision in the future. I've been wearing glasses for 65+ years so I'll continue to wear them to protect my one good eye. I haven't quit using iron sights, I just refuse to take shots at 100 yds or more. Ithaca's Ray Bar front sight helps a lot too!

Comment

labrador12- Discuss frankly with your ophthalmic surgeon exactly what you want to achieve with the cataract surgery/lens replacement, what activities you enjoy and participate in, and precisely what you want out of this corrective surgery. There are several varieties of lenses that can be used, and means of testing pre-replacement for the desired outcome. You don't want to be in the position of having had the wrong type of lenses used for replacement after the fact.
                        Also, (you probably know this), it never hurts to get a second evaluation and opinion. Some doctors seem to think they know better what their patients needs are, than the patient.
                        Still wishing you every success and speedy recovery,
                        crm

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
                          by jhjimbo
                          Relax everybody - you are overthinking everything. My only point was people are so lazy from what I have seen at the flea markets people will not by anything...
                          Today, 09:42 PM
                        • Hey Folks
                          by jhjimbo
                          Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                          Yesterday, 11:12 AM
                        • Reply to Hey Folks
                          by fitch270
                          Dang, we’ve covered shootings, dog bites, lawn chores, bandicoots, power tools, reel mowers, wives, dentists, peaches and squirrels. Surprised the 6.5...
                          Today, 09:37 PM
                        • Tucker Carlson Tonight
                          by jhjimbo
                          Tonight on Tucker they got wind of a WHO / Biden proposed 'lock-down' for climate control (read people control). All things energy would be limited -...
                          Today, 09:37 PM
                        • Reply to Blame for the Jan. 6th Capitol insurrection.
                          by 99explorer
                          I am not a Biden supporter, but I believe his high public approval ratings derive from his focus on the pandemic problem, which ranks higher with the...
                          Today, 08:18 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X