How Big Is It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Big Is It

If you had a million dollars every day how long would it take you to spend 1 Trillion Dollars. Answer 2,739 years.

You realize, don't you, the group in D.C. is doing everything possibly to totally destroy this Country. The spending and the open boarders are all part of their plan.
    If you do not see what is going on, I can bet you got a 'F' in History.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 05-10-2021, 01:19 PM.

Originally posted by PigHunter
    I'm in my 60's and going to adapt the best I can. In the long run I'll be dead and it won't be my problem.
    Must be nice not to care about the future of your kids, grandkids and relatives.

Comment

pighunter, you're going through a phase mi amigo! LOL!
      I can remember a few years back when I was in my mid 60's, I quit wanting to plant trees, asparagus, grapevines, black berries, etc, etc.
      I wasn't going to get anything, or that much, out of it anyway.

Then it dawned on me, "I enjoy working with all that stuff!"
      Besides, it gives me an activity so I don't sit down in a pile and die prematurely of a myocardial infarction!
      Dark red wine is "heart smart". So brewing grape and blackberry wine DOES have a benefit! 🍷😉
      Asparagus is superb for preventing intestinal cancer! It IS beneficial!
      I plant trees in memory of my friends who have gone before me!
      I also plant pecan trees. Do you know it takes seven years for a pecan tree to bear fruit! Did you know it takes a pecan tree three thousand gallons of the water to produce one pound of pecans?
      The bur oaks I planted won't produce acorns for THIRTY FIVE years!
      I've even planted one for "me"! LOL!

I love ripe pears in the fall. Just chill and eat!

pighunter, what EVER you do, when you retire, STAY ACTIVE!
      You don't have to build skyscrapers or dam rivers.
      Just Do Something!

When Leo retired, they asked him what he was going to do?
      "First, I'm going to sell my cows. When I get up in the morning, I'm going to sit on the front porch, drink coffee and wave at people passing by!"
      That is EXACTLY what Leo did!
      Six months later, he was dead!

Comment

One of my brothers retired a couple years ago, wasn't able to be as active as he'd wanted to be, and had a stroke this past summer. He's recovered nicely and he's more determined than ever to live fully, but the limitations make it tough. His mind is still super-sharp, though, and conversationally he's as fit as ever. We don't see eye to eye on everything but he is just about the smartest guy I know, and even now has a memory for things he's seen and read, and places he's traveled to, that is just plain astonishing.

He hasn't hunted in probably ten years or longer, and doesn't fish much anymore except for the occasional shore-casting at state parks. But he still knows every inch of all the state forests around here, and knows exactly where I'm talking about when I mention a thicket or hillside or streambed. He knows every back road right down to the logging roads that now have small trees growing in them. He never has long-winded stories about his times in those places, either -- he always wants to talk about the way they are now, he always wants all the details I can give him.

One of the things on our agenda for this summer is to get out for some drives through those backwoods he used to hunt, and where he and the other brother and our big sisters roamed around when they were kids. They were quite a crew of little woods-runners, to hear the stories.

Comment

I try to only worry about my kids safety and happiness. I think they’re as prepared to handle adversity as anyone their age so whatever life throws at them they’ll deal with. If they can’t then I failed as a parent.

Along those lines I figure by the time you get down to great grandchildren those kids are only 1/8’th of your genes anyway.

Time marches on regardless.

Comment

The thread started with an example of the magnitude of one Trillion dollars. It seems from the comments it's a ho, hum, can't do anything about it anyway mind set.
            I would hope those interested get on the phone and chastise their Dem - Liberal Representatives for the size of the foolish spending and waste of dollars that will imperil the future of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              The thread started with an example of the magnitude of one Trillion dollars. It seems from the comments it's a ho, hum, can't do anything about it anyway mind set.
              I would hope those interested get on the phone and chastise their Dem - Liberal Representatives for the size of the foolish spending and waste of dollars that will imperil the future of the United States.
              jimbo, your Senators are Sherrod (d) and Portman (R).
              Sherrod is a real piece of work. The epitome of a liberal worm.
              Portman is a pretty standup guy, but I think he slips a cog on the rare occasion.

Here in OK, I've got Sen Inhofe (R) and Sen Lankford (R) and my Rep is Tom Cole (R).
              Cole ain't worth a bucket of warm spit. Inhofe and Lankford are happily, right in the middle of the fray, swinging their bat as hard as they can. Couple of good folks.
              Gov is Kevin Stitt (R), another hard right fighter.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad