Between the Rain Dropw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between the Rain Dropw

Got the boat launched today. Heavy overcast but I missed the rain - Lake is very high. I saw some fishermen but did not get a chance to see how they did. Water temp 54 deg.

Got a bad wheel bearing so I will wind up doing that job while the weather is crappy. Have not greased them in several years. must have been some good grease and seals last time I did them. I do change the lower gear oil and run the engine out of gas while fogging it and it started in two seconds this spring. Bought the boat new in 1985 and it still runs like new - nock on wood. It still runs up Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0072.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	771498 close to 6,000 rpm and about 45mph.

The Lyman is 16.5', center steering I completely finished including the TeeNee trailer. The boat did not have a bad piece of wood in it. All the mahogany stained and varnished perfectly. The boat is in the National Lyman Collectors Club.
    This also has the period correct motor. If I remember it was around '56.
    Very comfortable to fish from. We actually would go out at night and fish all ni Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1951.JPG Views:	0 Size:	525.7 KB ID:	771500 ght.

I take my R/C sail boat out and sail it along side the big ones for a while. They get a kick out of it, Mast is about 5' tall and it has 12lbs of lead in the keel. I have it out in 2+ to 3' waves - it goes good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Dead deer.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	771501 Dead 8pt. If a coyote chases them in the lake sometimes they can't see the shore to get back. I have pulled a couple live does back in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 05-08-2021, 03:19 AM.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Toothy friends
    by Solitario Lupo
    Never gotten into pickerel. I have seen some nice ones over the years.

As for pike I’ll get them every once in awhile just floating minns....
    Today, 12:36 PM
  • Toothy friends
    by Solitario Lupo
    Just thought I’d share some pics.
    05-07-2021, 12:09 PM
  • Reply to Mike Lyndell's new site
    by jhjimbo
    You should watch his video - very well researched.

The original has been removed. Here is another that has some of the same content....
    Today, 11:37 AM
  • Mike Lyndell's new site
    by franchi20
    Mike Lyndell will make a formal announcement from the Corn Palace, 6:00CDT, launching FrankSpeech.com. Check dakotanewsnow.com/news/.
    Yesterday, 01:50 PM
  • Reply to Mike Lyndell's new site
    by jhjimbo
    If fraud is found in several States and confirmed by the Court system all the way to the Supreme Court they will have to reverse the Election results...
    Today, 11:26 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X