Bad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News

Covid will likely be with us for years. Current most affected age group are 50yo's

Highlight to read

From MedPage 5/3/2021
    Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.
    Instead, they are coming to the conclusion that rather than making a long-promised exit, the virus will most likely become a manageable threat that will continue to circulate in the United States for years to come, still causing hospitalizations and deaths but in much smaller numbers.

jimbo,
    "SURPRISE!"
    The Spanish Flu is still with us.
    The H1N1 is still with us.
    The Asian flu is still with us.
    Polio is still with us!

Viruses NEVER, EVER go away!

Comment

That is not me saying that - I gave the source as the Medical Newsletter. So, you know more than the Dr's ??

Idiot. You can't help yourself making contradictory, useless posts.

The old virus is not as prevalent as the Covid-19 .

Comment

"By the summer of 1919, the flu pandemic came to an end, as those that were infected either died or developed immunity."

https://www.history.com/topics/world...8-flu-pandemic
        Last edited by 99explorer; 05-03-2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Buffoon, learn to post so it can be read.

Comment

I think Dr. Fauci means well, and he regularly amends his advice to keep up with current developments.
            I don't think he has a political ax to grind.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              I think Dr. Fauci means well, and he regularly amends his advice to keep up with current developments.
              I don't think he has a political ax to grind.
              You know the saying.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Comment

Fauci has had more than adequate time to research and hive Americans honest, truthful information.
                Instead, he prefers inane liberal talking points fed to him by (d)'s.
                Still haven't figured out what Trump saw on him!

Comment

I think the animosity against Dr. Fauci is political, stemming from his obvious horror at the pathetic efforts of Donald Trump to appear to be on top of the pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ex...ke/ar-BB16GEQq

Comment

Trump has been crucified for being a enthusiastic cheerleader to lead us through this epidemic. It sucks but it isn't in anyway as devastating a disease as many that have been before it. Our media totally sold us down the river. The models were wrong, the shutdowns were wrong, and the Democrats answer is horribly wrong. Only masochistic idiots, snowhole, couldn't see this coming.

Comment

He certainly led the way with the vaccination idea, although it was determined that Clorox would not be ideal for the purpose.:-))
                      Dr. Fauci was seen lowering his head and covering his face with one hand when that was suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter

The Many Variants of Fauci’s Mutating Covid Advice – AIER

"In just under a year’s time, Fauci’s messaging on reinfection and herd immunity has now mutated across dozens of variants of its own, each conveniently aligning with his political messaging of the moment. Although reinfection from new strains continues to be an avenue of research and investigation, the evidence we currently have suggests it remains uncommon. That hasn’t stopped America’s “leading infectious disease authority” from indulging in wildly irresponsible speculation from a national stage though, invariably appealing to alarmism as a pretext for continuing the same failed lockdown policies he has been peddling for over a year now.
                        I would like to know why Fauci is working with Wuhan Lab on Covid/Sars 'gain of function' ???

Comment

There are so many variants and so many unvaccinated and we live in such a global economy, I'd think you're right Jim. I don't think we can get rid of it here even if we closed our borders. Too many anti vaxxers there'd always be people getting infected and spreading. Combine the variants, and the fact that huge portions of the developing world will continue to get it. No, it aint over.

What I'd like to know is where to invest. What will this do to the stock market. Will it fall? In what? India makes a lot of stuff. Thailand is finally starting to get infected. Variant is much more contagious. The good news is that the most common vaccines in the US are fairly effective against all known variants. My hope is that infections here are at a fairly low rate and we can get boosters for the vaccines for variants as they come. Unlike influenza, infection does not give you 100% immunity. That strain of influenza died, covid won't die.

Comment

I see Bill Gates' wife is divorcing. I wonder if that is because she disagrees with his World population reduction plans ? And, why is he and Fauci working at the Wuhan Lab on 'gain of function', something that they were prohibited from working on in the U.S.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad