Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise

April 20-21, 2021 4" of snow overnight.

We're supposed to have some lake effect to go with it tonight, too. Everyone I've talked to this morning has complained like it's something new, but we always have April snow, and it's usually just like this, wet and sticky. I'll take it over pouring rain or a day of 40mph winds.

Monday I fished all day and got all kinds of weather. First it was hail. Then a cold rain and 25-30 mph wind. Then it cleared off and warmed up -- just enough for the swarms of blackflies to come out. Good stuff; keeps you humble.

Comment

Snowed in Tulsa, OK yesterday (04-20-2021). Nothing stuck or stayed.

Comment

Happening now.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	E3DC82CD-ABD4-4237-9F99-C205A165DEF1.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	7.95 MB
ID:	770833

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          We're supposed to have some lake effect to go with it tonight, too. Everyone I've talked to this morning has complained like it's something new, but we always have April snow, and it's usually just like this, wet and sticky. I'll take it over pouring rain or a day of 40mph winds.

Monday I fished all day and got all kinds of weather. First it was hail. Then a cold rain and 25-30 mph wind. Then it cleared off and warmed up -- just enough for the swarms of blackflies to come out. Good stuff; keeps you humble.
          Ever hear of Alpha-Gal ? It's in here. Good pictures.

Ticks: The Complete Guide to These Nasty Bloodsuckers | Field & Stream (fieldandstream.com)

Comment

//////////

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

I was at Cuyler State Forest on Monday afternoon scouting for Turkeys and found some promising sign.
              The black flies were terrible.

We had snow last year during Turkey season.

Comment

I have hunted from Ithaca to Burlington Flats including Letchworth Park. Saw over 100 deer in Letchworth in one day - archery. About 10 of us got drawn for Letchworth and a friend in Mt Morris put 8 of us up overnight. I remember sitting around sharpening our Bear broadheads, circa 1971.
                Last edited by jhjimbo; 04-22-2021, 04:44 AM.

Comment

.......”I remember sitting around sharpening our Bear broadheads, circa 1971.......” !

And, was the effort worth while ?

Comment

I think everybody got a deer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                      by rock rat
                      Money in politics is a Republican issue, remember Citizens United? Free speech man!. So make campaign contributions illegal. Most contributors of even...
                      Today, 09:43 AM
                    • Trump
                      by Danbo
                      https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                      04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                    • Reply to Trump
                      by bowhunter75richard
                      Politics has become a total money issue. The ‘dark money’ that was spent on the biden election was in the hundreds of millions of dollars ! The dimwits...
                      Today, 08:45 AM
                    • Reply to Keepsakes
                      by PigHunter
                      I have old stuff not considered keepsakes. So I won't list them.

Keepsakes related to the Outdoors:
                      > Dad's squirrel rifle, a Winchester...
                      Today, 08:18 AM
                    • Keepsakes
                      by MattM37
                      Other than the obvious mounts and such, what have you kept for keepsakes over the years?

I have my dad's old pocketknife, the blade honed...
                      Yesterday, 07:56 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X