Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three bald eagles living in Pittsburgh are doing well.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three bald eagles living in Pittsburgh are doing well.

How come the narrative is that the world is being destroyed ..

​​​​is such a story.

Google hays bald eagles. The video is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post

​​​​is such a story.
      That is only one of the faults of the news media, their disgusting narrative of reporting on the worst aspects of life in America. If an issue is not juicy and ripe with a racial slant, a obnoxiously stupid point of view, or a drooling exclamation of biden......then it is not print worthy. And especially if it is in any way favorable to a conservative principal, forget any mention. But if a story reflects the claimed racism of this country, it will be glorified to the point of American ruination !

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post

​​​​is such a story.
        I don't know if you heard but CNN admitted to hyping up Covid and wishing for more deaths. And after Covid their going to do the same with climate change.

Comment

Danbo-
          CNN thanks you and Bubba for volunteering your lives by declining the COVID vaccination:-))

Comment

I read that same article Danbo, and CNN was even openly being proud of their part in electing the present regime, openly proud of news reporting that was biased to the point of being purposely wrong in favor of ‘whats his face’ ! And now they are doing the same damn thing with their reporting on the GA vote legislation, giving false information as to its content, and covering for whats his face also repeating the same lies. Try winning a presidential election in the future with the LSM with its foot on the throat of truth !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
              I read that same article Danbo, and CNN was even openly being proud of their part in electing the present regime, openly proud of news reporting that was biased to the point of being purposely wrong in favor of ‘whats his face’ ! And now they are doing the same damn thing with their reporting on the GA vote legislation, giving false information as to its content, and covering for whats his face also repeating the same lies. Try winning a presidential election in the future with the LSM with its foot on the throat of truth !!!
              AND!!!.... per Lester Holt, "fairness" is no longer presenting both sides of the story and allowing the reader to determine the truth, but presenting what the journalist WANTS the public to believe!

Comment

Saw 6 separate eagles fishing and listening for turkeys yesterday. This pic from same spot last year listening.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                  Saw 6 separate eagles fishing and listening for turkeys yesterday. This pic from same spot last year listening.
                  Eagles pair up and will reuse the nest as long as they can. Each year they add to the nest and make repairs. Some nests can weigh a ton, The deep center of the nest is decomposing nest material and in the winter I believe is exothermic, giving off a little heat to the incubating eggs. She has to keep them close to 100 deg. Here is a pic of two caught in a noreaster. He climbed on her back to give her more insulation eggs hatched perfectly. amazing birds.

Comment

The woods in my area seem to have more barred owls than ever. I walk from 5:30 or so until dark four or five nights a week, in three or four different patches of woods depending on the day, and hear barred owls every single time. Got a pretty good idea right now of where two nests are, one of them pretty close to the logging road I walk. It's always neat to hear that "Who cooks for you" in the woods -- but holy cow, when you hear a couple of those birds up close, just a few yards into the woods, it's flat-out amazing. It's like you feel the sound hitting you as much as you hear it. They do a lot more vocalization than just that "Who cooks for you," too. Very cool birds.

I'd have to say that barred owls and bald eagles are the most common raptors in my area right now. I've only heard one redtail this spring so far, and seen no other species of hawks (though springtime usually isn't when I see most other kinds). I did hear a screech owl one night a couple weeks ago. Haven't heard or seen a goshawk in years. One time I had a nesting mother goshawk flying just overhead and screaming down at me as I walked through the woods. They're pretty fierce.

Comment

In Oswego County there are tremendous numbers of osprey. I've seen colonies of Osprey down in Long Island and in Florida, but in my old central NY country they were everywhere. Almost every cell tower has a nesting pair. I know two little league fields in different towns with ospreys nesting on light towers or transmission towers bordering the field of play. Great birds, they used to show up the first week of April. We used to have as many as 5 or 6 fishing the beaver pond at a time. Not as birdy here in Western Pa. I miss them.

Comment

I head up to Wellesley Island every summer, and ospreys are all over up there. The light post at the entrance to WI State Park has a nest on it.

Lots of flying squirrels up there on Wellesley Island, too. We were sitting around the bonfire one night and kept seeing little glints of light back in the trees. Finally figured out, flying squirrels!

And, of course, geese everywhere. Walking across the grass at the state park or marina is pretty much walking on a carpet of dung. Never realized how nasty geese are until I started going up there. Much prefer to see them at a distance.

One of the beaver ponds I pass on my walks here at home has some dead trees in the water, and a bunch of great blue heron nests. They've been there the past four or five years, at least. There are at least a dozen nests total, on four or five trees in a four-or-five acre pond. One tree has four nests on it alone.

Would you call a great blue heron nesting site a "rookery" like you do with crows and ravens, or is there another name for it?

Comment

I've had Great Horned Owls nesting in Great Blue Heron nests on my beaver pond. I used to cross country ski by them in February when they nest. Heronry is a heron rookery, a nesting colony of herons.

Comment

The American Eagle Foundation in Dollywood Tenn. Dolly Parton is a big supporter of the Eagles. The AEF Dollywood is the home of retired Challenger. Challenger is the Eagle that flew at ball games and traveled to schools. He is now about 30yo.
                            Dollywood | American Eagle Foundation (eagles.org)

Comment

The three bald eagle chicks in the Hays nest are huddled up this snowy morning. Not much insulation on their downy bodies.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Liz Cheney
                                by 99explorer
                                She did vote to reelect Trump in the 2020 election, but that was before he incited the insurrection at the Capitol on Jan. 6th, for which she voted in...
                                Yesterday, 10:37 PM
                              • Liz Cheney
                                by rock rat
                                I'm of mixed enthusiasm for the current split amongst Republicans. I do appreciate truthfulness and honesty, also supporting our democratic systems of...
                                05-12-2021, 06:02 PM
                              • Reply to Liz Cheney
                                by 99explorer
                                Sorry, but that is not a legislative matter.
                                Yesterday, 10:32 PM
                              • Reply to Liz Cheney
                                by jhjimbo
                                Right now 75+ million citizens think Trump should be President. Liz does not think so, except that is not the wish of her constituents....
                                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                              • Reply to Liz Cheney
                                by 99explorer
                                Here is the way I see it:
                                Legislators should represent the views of their constituents in legislative matters, like abortion, regardless of their...
                                Yesterday, 08:13 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X