Stupid Is as Stupid Does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    PH - Based on your analysis, it would appear to be better to inoculate the public with the disease, rather than a vaccine.
    It's not my analysis. Check the link for the authors.

The CDC estimated that by January 1, roughly 25% of the USA had been infected. Of course that number has grown since. My interpretation of the article is that there is no good reason for those people to get the vaccine and that their immunity may indeed be superior.

The authors are calling for a detailed discussion within the medical community and are presenting their arguments for caution.
    Last edited by PigHunter; 04-18-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
      Follow the money.....
      That's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

It's not my analysis. Check the link for the authors.

The CDC estimated that by January 1, roughly 25% of the USA had been infected. Of course that number has grown since. My interpretation of the article is that there is no good reason for those people to get the vaccine and that their immunity may indeed be superior.

The authors are calling for a detailed discussion within the medical community and are presenting their arguments for caution.
        PH, I had no choice but to take the vaccine because of the lethality of the virus in those of us in the 70 yo group. IF I was 20 or 30 I would opt out.
        The vaccine is not a favorite, but the J&J is based on the Adenovirus which has been used for the base of all types of vaccines for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

That's the truth.
          I got my J&J at CVS drug store and they said they bill Medicare $28 for the vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

PH, I had no choice but to take the vaccine because of the lethality of the virus in those of us in the 70 yo group. IF I was 20 or 30 I would opt out.
            The vaccine is not a favorite, but the J&J is based on the Adenovirus which has been used for the base of all types of vaccines for years.
            Jim, of course I'm not judging you for getting the vaccine. But there's always a choice and you apparently lived to tell the tale.
            Last edited by PigHunter; 04-18-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

There are doctors and then there are doctors who work in hospitals, and every doc in hospitals around here is vaccinated.

Of course you also have "experts" from that libertarian economics org with the 200+ million dollar endowment from Great Barrington who think differently, and who are we to call them (him) a well financed nutter. (went to pig's nutty links)

It's also kind of weird that the folks who believe global warming is not caused by humans, quanon conspiracies of worldwide secret pedo orgs, the vote was rigged, horoscopes, broken mirrors bring bad luck, didn't complete high school, etc, also think vaccines will give you cooties.

Oh, and they are the same folks who claimed the virus was nothing, same as the flu, gone by easter.

But Trump got vaccinated, after he had the virus, his kids got vaccinated, any one with half their brain cells functioning did.

I think we're still killing 20,000 a month, and not too many are old folks.

Comment

Three million global deaths. The estimate was that many deaths possible in the US alone. This virus is not the equal of many diseases that humanity has survived in the past. The relative effect of the virus is miniscule, not counting the effect of the government screwing up the economy. That was a typical government catastrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                  There are doctors and then there are doctors who work in hospitals, and every doc in hospitals around here is vaccinated.

Of course you also have "experts" from that libertarian economics org with the 200+ million dollar endowment from Great Barrington who think differently, and who are we to call them (him) a well financed nutter. (went to pig's nutty links)

It's also kind of weird that the folks who believe global warming is not caused by humans, quanon conspiracies of worldwide secret pedo orgs, the vote was rigged, horoscopes, broken mirrors bring bad luck, didn't complete high school, etc, also think vaccines will give you cooties.

Oh, and they are the same folks who claimed the virus was nothing, same as the flu, gone by easter.

But Trump got vaccinated, after he had the virus, his kids got vaccinated, any one with half their brain cells functioning did.

I think we're still killing 20,000 a month, and not too many are old folks.
                  Did you see my post about the CO and CO2 and heat from a jet engine ?

Comment

In a coast to coast trip, one jet engine puts 2 million BTU's into the atmosphere, not to mentionthe CO and CO2.. There are 5,000 planes in the air every minute of every day. Now you tell me what effect that has on the climate ?

Comment

I've not claimed the virus was 'nothing'. Also, I didn't mention "global warming", "quanon", "horoscopes", etc. Rat, that's simply an attempted deflection on your part. Many times on this site you've attempted to discredit others with your wild accusations, apparently trying to put the other on the defensive and away from the original point. When you do that it's pretty obvious you don't have anything of substance to contribute to the conversation.

I knew you would probably try to discredit the linked article simply based on where it was sourced. You admitted to having little education yourself and thus have no basis for your opinions. Shoo fly.

By the way, "we're" not killing 20,000 a month. People are still dying of the virus via natural causes. That's very different from "killing".
                      Last edited by PigHunter; 04-18-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                        by labrador12
                        How many millions of dollars in bribes do you think it would take to bribe a few vote counters in Philly and Pittsburgh? How much would it cost to keep...
                        Today, 10:37 AM
                      • Trump
                        by Danbo
                        https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                        04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                      • Reply to Trump
                        by rock rat
                        Money in politics is a Republican issue, remember Citizens United? Free speech man!. So make campaign contributions illegal. Most contributors of even...
                        Today, 09:43 AM
                      • Reply to Trump
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        Politics has become a total money issue. The ‘dark money’ that was spent on the biden election was in the hundreds of millions of dollars ! The dimwits...
                        Today, 08:45 AM
                      • Reply to Keepsakes
                        by PigHunter
                        I have old stuff not considered keepsakes. So I won't list them.

Keepsakes related to the Outdoors:
                        > Dad's squirrel rifle, a Winchester...
                        Today, 08:18 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X