X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would rather.....

....than take a COVID-19 shot!

Fill in the blank!

"... I would rather wrestle a 10 foot 'gator with one arm tied behind my back than take a COVID-19 shot!

Got the idea?

Go for it!

Almost two-thirds of Americans back some kind of vaccine ID.

https://news.yahoo.com/almost-two-th...213721216.html

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      ....than take a COVID-19 shot!

Fill in the blank!

"... I would rather wrestle a 10 foot 'gator with one arm tied behind my back than take a COVID-19 shot!

Got the idea?

Go for it!
      I would rather listen to the three stooges rant ๐Ÿ‘

Comment

I would rather do a lot of things, because I hate needles. On the plus side, when I did get the shot, the nurse and I had a good laugh at the way I clenched my jaw and looked away (she said I turned kind of green, too). Then we got to chuckling again when I asked her if they'd had anyone keel over yet -- some people do, when they see a needle coming -- and she said cheerfully, "Nope, but we've still got three hours to go!"

Anyway, no complaints yet about vaccination. Growing that sixth finger was a little weird, but I have to admit, it's a lot easier now tying knots when I'm fishing.

(Sorry, not trying to mock your thread, Bubba, just having fun. I believe in vaccination, but make no judgements on what people do with their own bodies. The nurse story is true, and as for the extra finger -- well, I'm actually kind of hoping it does show up, now that turkey season is almost here. I've always wanted to try two pegs at once on a slate call.

Comment

I think Bubba is saying that he would prefer to gamble on contracting a serious disease than suffer the inconvenience of driving to town and endure the hardship of a needle injection. (He might even be the one who keels over when he sees the needle coming.)
          Last edited by 99explorer; 04-14-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
            I would rather do a lot of things, because I hate needles. On the plus side, when I did get the shot, the nurse and I had a good laugh at the way I clenched my jaw and looked away (she said I turned kind of green, too). Then we got to chuckling again when I asked her if they'd had anyone keel over yet -- some people do, when they see a needle coming -- and she said cheerfully, "Nope, but we've still got three hours to go!"

Anyway, no complaints yet about vaccination. Growing that sixth finger was a little weird, but I have to admit, it's a lot easier now tying knots when I'm fishing.

(Sorry, not trying to mock your thread, Bubba, just having fun. I believe in vaccination, but make no judgements on what people do with their own bodies. The nurse story is true, and as for the extra finger -- well, I'm actually kind of hoping it does show up, now that turkey season is almost here. I've always wanted to try two pegs at once on a slate call.
            I was drawing blood on a middle age woman and when I put the needle in she did a violent summersault off the chair and landed flat on the floor. A little ammonia brought her around.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Anyway, no complaints yet about vaccination. Growing that sixth finger was a little weird, but I have to admit, it's a lot easier now tying knots when I'm fishing.*

MattM37
              Thank you! The whole idea was to have a little fun! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
              Little did I realize just how many heads would explode! ๐Ÿคฏ

* do you think there is a chance the vaccine might act like Rogaine and regrow hair? ๐Ÿค”

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                I think Bubba is saying that he would prefer to gamble on contracting a serious disease than suffer the inconvenience of driving to town and endure the hardship of a needle injection. (He might even be the one who keels over when he sees the needle coming.)
                99, I acknowledge your right to post what you want, but I'd rather you didn't plug parts of my comments into your own. Seems like you make things more personal than they need to be, while I always try to keep things civil and generally have good exchanges with other users whose viewpoints differ with mine. You piggybacking off my comments just to take a shot on someone -- well, that's crap. Don't do it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

MattM37
                  Thank you! The whole idea was to have a little fun! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
                  Little did I realize just how many heads would explode! ๐Ÿคฏ

* do you think there is a chance the vaccine might act like Rogaine and regrow hair? ๐Ÿค”
                  Oh, hell, I think there's a chance for just about anything. Brave new world we've got going here!

Comment

"... I've always wanted to try two pegs at once on a slate call. ..."

Yeah, but then you can only carry a double barrel shotgun*, accompany only with a 2 reed mouth call and use two hen decoys.

* - you can carry and over/under shotgun, but the turkeys have to be standing one on top of the other.
                    state law! ๐Ÿ˜œ!
                    Last edited by FirstBubba; 04-14-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Speaking of โ€œI would ratherโ€........

What is the procedure of being vaccinated in America ? Since I can not get out of here yet, I decided I might as well get something for my time here, so I have now received both shots.....BioTech.

What I had to go through was this:
                      First I had to register for an appointment.
                      Waited to receive a date, 1 month.
                      Filled out 3 pages of questions.
                      Date of vaccination.....my pages of questions were looked over, temp was taken, filled out some further forms, got my first shot, had to wait afterwards for 15 minutes for possible reactions.
                      Second shot 3 weeks later, more forms, had the shot, had to wait 30 minutes to see if any reactions.

The total time for forms, waiting for the shots, waiting after the shots.....was about 3 1/2 hours. The procedures for anything in this country......are things you people would never believe !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                        Speaking of โ€œI would ratherโ€........

What is the procedure of being vaccinated in America ? Since I can not get out of here yet, I decided I might as well get something for my time here, so I have now received both shots.....BioTech.

What I had to go through was this:
                        First I had to register for an appointment.
                        Waited to receive a date, 1 month.
                        Filled out 3 pages of questions.
                        Date of vaccination.....my pages of questions were looked over, temp was taken, filled out some further forms, got my first shot, had to wait afterwards for 15 minutes for possible reactions.
                        Second shot 3 weeks later, more forms, had the shot, had to wait 30 minutes to see if any reactions.

The total time for forms, waiting for the shots, waiting after the shots.....was about 3 1/2 hours. The procedures for anything in this country......are things you people would never believe !
                        It varies considerably. Some places you need to show ID, or be a resident of the county or state. I was in and out in 20 minutes, mostly waiting 10 min in case of reaction.

The needle they use for Pfizer is the thinnest they make. First shot I thought the nurse was stealing the dose to give to friends, I seriously felt nothing.

Today I had a lot of blood work done for a pre op, nurse couldn't get anything out of the left, started poking around while the needle was in my arm trying to find the vein. Needles really don't hurt much compared to a lot of things.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad