Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40 Reasons NOT to get the vaccine.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    that is rather flippant

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
      Reports that the current increase is largely due to high-school sports resuming. Which might be getting emphasis because of the lowering of vaccination ages to teens -- i.e. here's a reason to get your kid vaccinated!

      Weird news reporting, though, as always. At the very end of that story about youth sports, the ABC newscaster just kind of throws in the fact that "the CDC now reports that catching the virus from surfaces is highly unlikely, and that washing surfaces with dish soap is as effective as disinfecting!" They've been completely wishy-washy about surfaces since the beginning -- yes, wipe things down, but no, don't bother. And dish soap?! Wouldn't you then have to go around rinsing it off? How do you rinse off a doorknob? Just as soon grab a wet wipe. (And why the efforts to discourage disinfecting, anyway? If Covid isn't contagious that way, fine, but it's never a bad idea to keep your doorknobs, countertops, etc. nice and clean. Ordinary colds and pukey bugs aren't much fun in their own right.)
      They've known surfaces weren't a source of infection for almost a year now. Businesses do it to show they are "doing something" but really it does nothing, and anyone who has followed the issue knows it. Dish soap can be used just like any other soap, except it's much milder, ever wash your windows or anything else? Are you just catching up to what was common knowledge last spring? Here's another hint, covid is airborne.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by PigHunter
        The CDC estimates total U.S. infections from February to December 2020 was 83.1 Million.
        Estimated Disease Burden of COVID-19 | CDC

        "Those who have recovered from COVID-19 could have immunity for months or perhaps even years."
        How Long Does Immunity Last After COVID-19? What We Know (healthline.com)
        Sounds about right, still leaves 3/4 of the population without natural immunity, and the vaccine boosts that natural immunity more. Trump was infected, and Trump also got the vaccine.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by rock rat View Post

          They've known surfaces weren't a source of infection for almost a year now. Businesses do it to show they are "doing something" but really it does nothing, and anyone who has followed the issue knows it. Dish soap can be used just like any other soap, except it's much milder, ever wash your windows or anything else? Are you just catching up to what was common knowledge last spring? Here's another hint, covid is airborne.
          There's really no need for that amount of snideness. I'm not at all unaware of the facts of Covid, thanks. I wasn't really debating anything or discussing cleaning methods. My point was that it was just odd news reporting to randomly throw in an extra little factoid at the end of a long story about the sports teams, especially with the factoid being nothing new (like you point out) -- and especially with that strange specific mention of dish soap instead of just saying "ordinary cleaning products" or something like that. I was basically chuckling as I wrote the comment; I wasn't making any big point. Next time I'll be more mindful of anyone looking for an argument, and I'll throw in lots of "LOL"s and smiley faces and things.

          (Actually, in terms of the surface infection issue, it's not quite as cut and dried as you make it sound. I do in fact follow the issue, and most issues, and read/listen to many different news sources every day -- and typically the surface-infection issue has been discussed in terms of what's "likely" or "unlikely," not yes or no. But whatever; like I said, it's not what prompted me to post the comment.)






          Last edited by MattM37; 04-07-2021, 03:18 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            The only people saying Covid isn't over is the people who don't want it to be over,

            Some people's lives just aren't that interesting. They need something to be afraid of or complain about.


            I'm going bullhead fishing good day.

            Comment


            • #21
              You guys should save that list of forty reasons for the day you are asked to show your vaccination passport.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

                There's really no need for that amount of snideness.
                You're right. I apologize. Sometimes I get carried away.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                  The only people saying Covid isn't over is the people who don't want it to be over,

                  Some people's lives just aren't that interesting. They need something to be afraid of or complain about.

                  Figment of our imaginations. Almost 3 million dead, worldwide pandemic, economies upended, nothing to it, all gone by easter, more die of flu.

                  I worked today, someone has to, keep all of you in SS money you all collect. Socialist Security.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The U.K. variant is now the dominate strain in the U.S.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yep, Socialist Security enacted by our first communist wannabe FDR.
                      I paid into that SS ponzi scheme for 50+ years that perpetuates the laziness of certain segments of society. I’ll draw mine grinning all the way to the bank! Still paying into SS via self employment tax.

                      Wife and I both had covid, survived, got the t-shirt, and don’t need some lying POS leftard telling me I need an experimental drug being used under an Emergency Use Authorization that is not FDA approved which is masquerading as a “vaccine”.
                      End of rant. “Vaccines? We don’t need no stinking Vaccines!”
                      Carry on.

                      Originally posted by rock rat View Post

                      Figment of our imaginations. Almost 3 million dead, worldwide pandemic, economies upended, nothing to it, all gone by easter, more die of flu.

                      I worked today, someone has to, keep all of you in SS money you all collect. Socialist Security.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Last nights bull head fishing was good.

                        Off to work no mask and unvaccinated .

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
                          Yep, Socialist Security enacted by our first communist wannabe FDR.
                          I paid into that SS ponzi scheme for 50+ years that perpetuates the laziness of certain segments of society. I’ll draw mine grinning all the way to the bank! Still paying into SS via self employment tax.

                          Wife and I both had covid, survived, got the t-shirt, and don’t need some lying POS leftard telling me I need an experimental drug being used under an Emergency Use Authorization that is not FDA approved which is masquerading as a “vaccine”.
                          End of rant. “Vaccines? We don’t need no stinking Vaccines!”
                          Carry on.


                          C'mon WAM, don't hold back!
                          Tell us how you REALLY feel! 😉!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Jay Inslee and other prominent members of the Western States Governors Association are actually discussing an interstate MOU and connectivity of covid passports linked to admittance to state parks and hunting fishing licenses. Should be operational retroactively by late August.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                              Last nights bull head fishing was good.

                              Off to work no mask and unvaccinated .
                              Do you fish them with worms, or what kind of bait? I remember seeing a guy using something called "Blood Bait" that came in a little plastic tub.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Got my first shot already, not that it’s anyone’s business that I don’t want to tell.

                                Been working nonstop since this mess began and I’ll be working after the price of building materials has RR sitting on the couch. Folks who started projects are starting to choke on what it’s costing them now. The bubbles going to burst, the only guys that are going to have work are the ones who are always in demand because they do great work.

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                                Right Rail 1

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Right Rail 3

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X