Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    your choice
    I notice from statistics the vast majority of infections is in the primarily 20 to 29 range and almost all in the 20 to 50 range, but then deaths in that age group is miniscule, they are all in the 70 and up range. I figure it's the people who poo poo-ed the virus.

Comment

Reading Bubba's and CRM's comments I'm again reminded of who has been struck the worst, especially Hispanic and Black people who aren't used to accessing the net and being able to schedule appointments online and also haven't had much practice in culling sensationalist information or downright bogus from the more reliable. The CDC and government sources as well as major medical institutions Harvard/Brigham and Womens, etc, have had plenty of false assumptions but as with all science they have corrected themselves, and are far and away the best sources we have.

Birthers, blind Trump followers (gone by Easter, remember that? not as bad as the flu? anti mask) or believers in alternative medicines aka witch doctors and charlatans, haven't done very well. They are probably most of the 1,000 or so a day who are dying.

We are seeing increasing infections in the North East, Michigan/Minnesota, and Florida. The vaccine has done pretty well against the new strains, witch doctors not so much. The downside is that most of the easily fooled have already re produced, no chance for Darwin to work it's magic.

Comment

Well, golly dee! I’ll just leap up from here and rush out and get a shot or two..... or not.

Comment

Variants around the World could eventually wind up here. When they mutate the seem to be getting more deadly and now affecting younger people.
          If you do not have a vaccination you do not want to get the S.African B..1.351.

Comment

Been vaccinated for every tropical disease known to man or the Army, never had a flue shot, but, on reflection, don't think I need my hide perforated with any more needles, or airguns, either.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
              Reading Bubba's and CRM's comments I'm again reminded of who has been struck the worst, especially Hispanic and Black people who aren't used to accessing the net and being able to schedule appointments online and also haven't had much practice in culling sensationalist information or downright bogus from the more reliable. The CDC and government sources as well as major medical institutions Harvard/Brigham and Womens, etc, have had plenty of false assumptions but as with all science they have corrected themselves, and are far and away the best sources we have.

Birthers, blind Trump followers (gone by Easter, remember that? not as bad as the flu? anti mask) or believers in alternative medicines aka witch doctors and charlatans, haven't done very well. They are probably most of the 1,000 or so a day who are dying.

We are seeing increasing infections in the North East, Michigan/Minnesota, and Florida. The vaccine has done pretty well against the new strains, witch doctors not so much. The downside is that most of the easily fooled have already re produced, no chance for Darwin to work it's magic.
              Rat you seem to be forgetting that of the dead at least half are from assisted living facilities. Democrat governors are responsible for the vast majority of those deaths. Out on the free range areas, subways, meat packing plants and similarly crowded areas were the main focus of the virus. Even cruise ships didn't have the entire ships complement dead. No floating abandoned deadhulks from the Chicom killer virus! I've got my two shots but I haven't stopped travelling and don't plan to change my plans one bit. Use your head you won't be dead. Its worked for me the last 70+ years, in spite of motorcycles, small planes, and the odd bear.

Comment

Just a few little facts that might get in the way of the red rodent's narrative, which he will probably disregard as fake news, or a conspiracy theory. However, the facts are the facts.

Most people think the CDC is an independent government agency, funded by tax dollars. Their supposed goal is to protect everyone's health.
                This is not remotely true.
                A good chunk of the CDC's funding actually comes from the independent, 501 (c) 3 organization, the CDC Foundation. . It's no surprise that hospitals, public health organizations, and charities fund it.
                But there are a lot of private corporations funding the CDC. It's likely that they do this so the CDC and the government in general will look the other way on issues they might have. It's very cozy, all being in bed together. These include pharmaceutical companies, communications companies, entertainment companies, food companies, and personal care companies.
                Are you okay with the CDC posing itself as "unbiased" and "independent" when it's anything but?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	CDC.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	770115

Comment

What is the relevance of the Corporate support ?

Comment

The parent agency of CDC is the Department of Health and Human Services.

https://www.cdc.gov/partners/index.html
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 04-04-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2020...d-from-humans/

Comment

Jimbo -
                        I'll bet CRM wishes he had found that link. Great conspiracy stuff.
                        Did you "DONATE NOW" as requested?

Comment

"Some universities patent particular inventions for the purpose of preventing commercial exploitation, Dickens says. They get the patent and then publish it widely, so it’s available to all researchers.

"That’s part of the mission of universities, of course: to make investments for the public good," says Dickens. "So it doesn’t follow that [a patent] is necessarily going to be exploited for profit."

Schwartz says that while some may see biological patents like a hindrance to gaining a handle on potentially lethal organisms such as a coronavirus, they are ultimately intended as an incentive for researchers to find solutions.

"Perhaps there are also other ways of advancing industry and science, but this is the globally accepted system," he says."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/can-y...ease-1.1355379
                          Last edited by 99explorer; 04-04-2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

There must be Republican politicians who haven't gotten vaccinated yet, but I can't think of one.

Trump even go the vaccination, and his wife, after getting the virus, for the extra antibodies generated by the vaccine. Mitch McConnell an early adopter, face mask and everything, nope Mitch wasn't kidding around at all, wanted nothing to do with it.

Studies show half of Republican men say they won't get vaccinated. I only wish that same die hard (poor choice of words?) sentiment carried over to some Republican Politicians. Heck I wish politicians of both parties to skip the vaccine, except ol shotgun Joe, better him than Kamala Harris.

Herd immunity is not a fixed number. Immunity when a large portion of the population is wearing masks in public, bars are slow, schools mostly closed, 30% immunized, and maybe another 10% already infected and carrying antibodies is not the same as maskless, schools open, party down. We are at herd immunity now, if infections are dropping, we'll see how things go.

I don't think most deaths are now coming from elderly care facilities, I think they are in hospitals. On the bright side more money to spread wider for Social Security.

Comment

I thought herd immunity was around 60%. Problem is, by the time we get herd, there will be enough variants around the immunity may not apply to them and we are back to first base. Plus the variants are thought to be more virulent.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                                What is the relevance of the Corporate support ?
                                The relevance of the Corporate support is they are ALL liberal.
                                Basically the CDC is a liberal, nongovernmental entity that supports liberal idealism.
                                The CDC fought Trump tooth and toenail, now they are pandering to Biden etal.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad