Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you see happening between now and 2026?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you see happening between now and 2026?

What's your prediction for the future - say five years down the road?

I've been going through old posts and found this jewel from 09-20-2017

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
    Update on users:

Ontario Honker Hunter has moved back to the US, lives in downtown NYC and is running a bike messenger service, He has become an outspoken Trump supporter, and has several neck tattoos to that end. He doesn't hunt geese or ducks any more, but is always on the lookout for a great caramel macchiatto.

WaMtnhunter--after losing a bet during a cow-tipping match and the subsequent shoulder injury, has shelved the Weatherby's and shoots Mossberg rifles exclusively in .243 Winchester. He is planning on changing his F&S handle to WA Mtntracker.

Dakotaman's rifles are so accurate that his average group size is actually in negative numbers. Out to 1382 yards, at least. He is thinking of moving to another larger planet, so the horizion is further away, because, let's face it, 10 miles really isn't that far.

Jcmesq—no longer on the site, after he successfully prosecuted himself for bad prose and is now in lockup for 60 months. It was originally a 12-month sentence, but was extended after he insisted on putting three commas on each license plate he made.

Gary Devine—got mad and left because of the bogus point system. No, really.

Happy Myles—is currently on his 17th “last safari.”

JHJIMBO—let’s just say that no one has ever seen he and Rush Limbaugh in the same room…and never will.

FirstBubba—won a regional Trivial Pursuit competition is now retired in Boca Raton, FL where he passes his day sitting on his porch and yelling at the kids about taxes and the 1970’s.

99Explorer—bought a new vehicle and posts under ‘17 Prius now. Sells tofu burgers out of his trunk in downtown Boulder.

Pray-Hunt-Work—due to a rare metabolic disease, he will die unless he maintains a moderate alcoholic buzz for the rest of his life. Partial to single-malt Scotches, he received medical disability due to his intoxication and inability to think and act normally. Currently serving his third term in the Maine legislature.

Fitch 270—finally revealed that the “270” was actually his IQ and not his favorite caliber. Owns Bonnier Corporation and has Bill Heavey as his gardener. Spends his evening arguing about the 6.5 Creedmoor with David Petzal and sipping a fine white burgundy.
    Last edited by PigHunter; 03-08-2021, 12:25 PM.

Pig, you and I didn't even make the list. Does that mean we are inconsequential, or in the same status as the red rodent? Or, that we are such stalwart and erudite individuals that not even the notoriously tongue-in-cheek Amflyer would dare make a facetious prediction about either of us?

Comment

Right now we are at a precipice and it can go either way. If we don't find the Hero's, we can give up and endure the strains of Communism.

OR, if we find enough Hero's who are not full of estrogen and not sure of their gender, we can lock and load and drive the Marxist to the sea. I think the ball is in our court.
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 03-08-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
        Pig, you and I didn't even make the list. Does that mean we are inconsequential, or in the same status as the red rodent? Or, that we are such stalwart and erudite individuals that not even the notoriously tongue-in-cheek Amflyer would dare make a facetious prediction about either of us?
        I'm guessing that means inconsequential. In any case, all we are is dust in the wind.

Comment

PH, The radicals will not give up and we would fight for the America we have come to know. We need an experienced leader to step forward.

Did you see the links to Malenia Ernman ? I worked with a girl that looked just like her in NY, complete with the long hair. In the winter we would go skiing after work. The Swedes can really ski.

Comment

I predict that FIeld and Stream's printed magazine will be down to one yearly issue -- due out in mid-fall each year so they can still do their all-important rut predictions. The rut, The Rut, THE RUT!!!!

I predict that Colin Kearns will still be the editor-in-chief, and each year his editorial will tell us why that ONE issue is still better than twelve issues of the old magazine combined. Kind of like what he does with the quarterly issues now,* only on a grander, once-a-year scale.

I predict that I will still be in my venison drought, and reduced to pretending I don't even want to kill a deer anymore. I will ascend to the heights of the true sportsman, eschewing all but the most challenging of hunts -- and even then, hunting only for harmony with nature, camaraderie with the fellows, and good memories for the years to come. Least until that little forkie steps out of the pines. Then it's game on.

Last edited by MattM37; 03-09-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Like we can follow that, it’s like expecting us to sing after Elvis on karaoke night. Well maybe not Elvis ‘cause he’s dead. But you get the idea. I remember reading it to my wife and kids. They laughed but I think it was at me not with me.

Five years from now?

The Kid should be finishing his Bachelor’s degree and probably will have a six figure salary job lined up with two month’s vacation time. I’ll be getting set to semi-retire and we’ll be making plans for a month long western hunt for elk, mule deer and antelope in several states. After a graduation celebration of two weeks salmon fishing in Alaska.

Either that or he’ll have dropped out after three semesters and $100k in student loans, half of which was spent on outdoor gear, to start his own YouTube hunting show and to be a part time fish bum. I’ll be working two jobs just to pay for taxidermy bills and won’t even have time to hunt behind the house. On the plus side our freezer will be full because he’ll still be crashing here between trips.

My daughter will be halfway through college with six changes in majors and several boyfriends. For some reason the guys always seem to bail out on her after meeting me. (Note to self: stop asking the guys to help move the gun safe each time she brings one home.)

I’ll have a huge bucket list for the next 9 years. My wife will still be working. She’ll have a huge honeydew list for me. Compromise will be involved.

In all seriousness, I hope to still see you guys here.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                PH, The radicals will not give up and we would fight for the America we have come to know. We need an experienced leader to step forward.

Did you see the links to Malenia Ernman ? I worked with a girl that looked just like her in NY, complete with the long hair. In the winter we would go skiing after work. The Swedes can really ski.
                Yes, thanks for posting the links. Was there just skiing involved?

Comment

Matt and Fitch, thanks for your submittals!!!

In 2026, I'll retire from engineering and start conducting sensitivity sessions for liberal non-profits.

In my spare time, I'll use my training as a personal conflict resolution mediator. I have a great desire to help people resolve their relationship issues.

An all electric car with receiver hitch will be used for hauling deer from the hunting club. I'll gladly give up my centerfire firearms for the greater safety of society. A PCP shotgun for birds and a crossbow for deer will be adequate. The ignition of gunpowder creates CO2 and we can't have that.

Comment

"... FirstBubba—won a regional Trivial Pursuit competition is now retired in Boca Raton, FL where he passes his day sitting on his porch and yelling at the kids about taxes and the 1970’s ..."

After coming back from retirement in Boca Raton, FL (it only takes one 80 year old chick in a bikini to undo that dream!😖) I'll be designing a porch swing for invalids so that I can yell at my dogs and the neighbors market calves since my kids steer clear of the farm.
                    Taxes will be a thing of the past since Commie La will be Permanent President after allowing HRC to hold her own coronation as "Queen of Pant Suits".

pighunter? A mediator for conflict resolution? Boy, are couples in trouble now! LOL!

fitch270? I dunno, mi amigo!
                    That "gun safe" trick doesn't always work. Occasionally, they will drag one in that doesn't realize he needs to be alarmed.
                    Wha'cha gonna do then?

P.S. - trivia now pursues ME!

Comment

With the way the woke syndrome is going, I can make only one thing certain, and that is if I survive another year, I will be one year older. Other than that I have no idea what the world holds for us. Ideologies have gone bonkers since 2016, up is down and down is up, idiocy has replaced all rational thinking in terms of political issues. My only other certainty is that gun control will become much worse in the not too distant future ! The future is not going to be a good time growing up in America. But then, I imagine the woke community will have changed the name of the country by then. All our founding fathers will have been debunked, our famous statesmen embarrassed, great accomplishments ridiculed and our wars of survival by oppressors deemed to be immoral and over activated on. The woke community will drowned us in guilt for surviving !! Sorry I can not come up with a more rosy outlook, you have to blame it on the present trend !

Comment

2026 - Rudyglove returns to the site as the new moderator and restores the point system. RG gives himself another 5 million points just because he can.
                        Last edited by PigHunter; 03-09-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                          2026 - Rudyglove returns to the site as the new moderator and restores the point system. RG gives himself another 5 million points just because he can.
                          A couple of one armed Girl Scouts could restrain the bandicoot with no more than a BOOO,,,,,,,!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                            Do you think that might make Gary come back, too?

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Do you think that might make Gary come back, too?
                              Perhaps that would do it. But Gary should come back anyway. The point system is long gone and Bonner has changed hands. No reason to still be upset. Besides, his trivial posts were more entertaining than what 99's submitted recently.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad