X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid fatigue is winning.

https://news.yahoo.com/fatigue-is-wi...180553591.html

Comment

Well, greg grabbit opened Texas up, but then, slimy, sneaky, politician that he is, he didn't. He left it open that businesses were free to enforce mask rules and "social distancing" on their premises. Gives every little pea-brain mask dictator the right to tell you you have to wear a stinking, useless mask, rebreathe you sour air, fog up your glasses, and speak in an indistinct mumble.
      greg grabbit, consummate political animal, afraid of pissing off the left, or anyone else. He will never be reelected, we hope.

Comment

Progress.
        Today the face mask.
        Tomorrow the seat belt and the air bags.
        We don't need none of that safety crap!

Comment

There is an upscale supermarket near me where the patrons are all slim and wear face masks.
          And a Walmart nearby where obesity and bare faces go hand in hand.
          I think there may be a correlation with intelligence.

Comment

PH -
            I once watched an old timey biker with wrinkled tattoos refueling his motorcycle.
            He didn't have a helmet, but he was smoking a cigarette.
            I think he would share your views on face masks.

Comment

Come to think about it, that old-timey biker may have been at the Sturgis biker rally last summer and become one of the 144 deaths attributed to the Covid-19 virus.
              Last edited by 99explorer; 03-03-2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

"Texas has one of the worst vaccination rates in the U.S. It's reopening 'all businesses' anyway."

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-one-wor...213303969.html

Houston, Texas' largest city, is the one city in the United States to have reported finding at least one case of every known variant of the coronavirus, which are believed to be more transmissible and have experts on the alert for another uptick in cases as they become the dominant sources of infection.
                Last edited by 99explorer; 03-04-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

PH -
                  Your number of posts has declined by 12 in the past hour.
                  It was 5874 with the last one you posted here and deleted.

Comment

I've been riding motorcycles since 1968. I've never exceeded 155 mph on a motorcycle. I used to repell down cliffs along the Mackenzie River, above the Arctic Circle. I've ridden a motorcycle across North America several times. Some people are timid. Some people cower, afraid to live their, 99 like, lives. Others live life more fully, embracing the risks that life has in store for all of us. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't rode in a helicopter, above the Arctic Circle, watching a pair of golden eagles soaring just out of the prop wash. Live you life your way. Accept the responsibility for your own life. I don't need the government to protect me.

Comment

Yep. I have survived being bucked off, bronc stomped, dog bit, shot down in a helicopter, a year in a combat zone, equatorial and Artic temperatures, shot at, run over by a herd of cattle, a wrestling match with a not all the way dead buck deer, and I don't recall how many other slightly anxious situations, and I refuse to live my life in fear of anything, much less a 99+% survivable virus. Even if the damned chinese communists made it!

Comment

It's not illegal to wear a mask in Texas, or South Dakota or Florida. Why in the name of all that's holy, do so many people demand enforcement of these Draconian issues? The data doesn't show that the strict CDC guidelines, including lockdowns, are effective in eliminating the virus. Let people make their own decisions. It would also be nice if the US Government wasn't importing Chinese Covid cases with illegal aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                          It's not illegal to wear a mask in Texas, or South Dakota or Florida. Why in the name of all that's holy, do so many people demand enforcement of these Draconian issues? The data doesn't show that the strict CDC guidelines, including lockdowns, are effective in eliminating the virus. Let people make their own decisions. It would also be nice if the US Government wasn't importing Chinese Covid cases with illegal aliens.

As far as the illegal aliens go labrador, it is certain that biden puts more importance on them, than he does the protection of his own citizens ! This immigration BS that the dimwits force on America is either a sign of insanity or gross incompetence.

Comment

One of the old arguments against capital punishment was that pickpockets were often caught working the crowds at public hangings of convicted pickpockets.
                            They were not deterred from their trade even by the sight of their colleagues dancing at the end of a rope.
                            Charles Darwin had an explanation for that.

Comment

People in Cambodia drive totally shit faced drunk with little buddhist amulets hanging from their mirrors. They also have some of the highest death rates per mile driven of anywhere in the world. Life involves risk, but it's real stupid to do things that increase the risk for no reward. I've climbed without a rope, even when climbing long routes I'd never done before. The reward was pretty good, but maybe not good enough, I stopped.

Lamas, if there are any left flying, were insured by Lloyd's at 10% deductible. What that means to me is Lloyds figured a typical Lama would last more than 10 years before crashing. If you've only been flying Lamas for 3 years is it safe to snort coke while flying? Nah, I don't think so, eight hours bottle to throttle or not within 100 feet of an aircraft.

So what's the risk/reward ration for Covid? Over 70 years old is actually not a "99+% survivable virus" as 30 06 said, it's 91.8%. You got a 10 shot revolver with one cartridge in it, spin that wheel gun and take your chances? And what's the reward? Bars and restaurants? Endangering your family? Owning the libs? I'm more than a week past my second dose of Pfizer, looks to me like I won, and didn't do much compromising of my lifestyle to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                                People in Cambodia drive totally shit faced drunk with little buddhist amulets hanging from their mirrors. They also have some of the highest death rates per mile driven of anywhere in the world. Life involves risk, but it's real stupid to do things that increase the risk for no reward. I've climbed without a rope, even when climbing long routes I'd never done before. The reward was pretty good, but maybe not good enough, I stopped.

Lamas, if there are any left flying, were insured by Lloyd's at 10% deductible. What that means to me is Lloyds figured a typical Lama would last more than 10 years before crashing. If you've only been flying Lamas for 3 years is it safe to snort coke while flying? Nah, I don't think so, eight hours bottle to throttle or not within 100 feet of an aircraft.

So what's the risk/reward ration for Covid? Over 70 years old is actually not a "99+% survivable virus" as 30 06 said, it's 91.8%. You got a 10 shot revolver with one cartridge in it, spin that wheel gun and take your chances? And what's the reward? Bars and restaurants? Endangering your family? Owning the libs? I'm more than a week past my second dose of Pfizer, looks to me like I won, and didn't do much compromising of my lifestyle to do it.
                                You did win. The government deemed you essential! Non essentials got the anal swab! I prefer the market determining who's essential. People lost their life's savings, their homes, their futures and their dreams. Many took their own life, because the government deemed them not essential. You won. Congratulations!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad