South Dakota leads the way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota leads the way.

South Dakota didn't lock down. South Dakota continued with open schools. South Dakota even held the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. South Dakota maintained individual freedom and did not suffer a penalty in terms of increased disease. The blue model failed again. Why would anyone support oppression and poor results. Freedom is a valuable commodity, Democrats have devalued it to the point that they actively run against it. Without election irregularities, Democrats couldn't get elected as dog catcher.

If I could handle the cold, I'd be there in a heartbeat.... except it ain't Texas! 😀!

Comment

Very interesting, but totally untrue.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...w-did-n1257004

Comment

One out of every 500 people died. Sixth highest death rate in the country, in a state with hardly any urban areas. And they aren't out of the woods yet, though with so many infected people, and such a small population vaccines are easy, and the feds prioritized them so they'd have a couple grandparents left.

It's a shame really, I know a few people who live in Sodak, and they aren't stupid. Thing with a pandemic is you have to get everyone working together, and you've always got some idiot who wants to "own the libs" by going out drinking and dancing, mask wearing is for wuzzies, etc. They you get all those dead people.

Comment

Meanwhile the kids are in school, people are working and worshipping as they see fit, and they have their dignity intact. Police aren't chasing down lone joggers, and boaters. People can make their own decisions, how American. This Wuhan virus has been a demonstration of just how poorly government works. The privileged benefitted greatly, others not so much. The corruption in the new stimulus bill is just one example, the NY Safe Act is another. Allowing the government to protect you ends up with you on your face on the ground with a boot on your neck. Two weeks to bend the curve my butt.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
            One out of every 500 people died. Sixth highest death rate in the country, in a state with hardly any urban areas. And they aren't out of the woods yet, though with so many infected people, and such a small population vaccines are easy, and the feds prioritized them so they'd have a couple grandparents left.

It's a shame really, I know a few people who live in Sodak, and they aren't stupid. Thing with a pandemic is you have to get everyone working together, and you've always got some idiot who wants to "own the libs" by going out drinking and dancing, mask wearing is for wuzzies, etc. They you get all those dead people.
            Rat fails to mention that NY, NJ, Conn, Mass, and other states had higher death rates while denying their citizens dignity and freedom. Rat is for more death and dishonor. He's not too big on that whole freedom, human dignity, and individual honor thing. Rat doesn't want you to notice Florida has all those vaccinated seniors, and open businesses and schools, without the death and dishonor. South Dakota and Florida handled the Chinese Wuhan Virus, NY and NJ handled the people like disposable diapers. If you had a choice which would you choose?
            Last edited by labrador12; 02-28-2021, 07:40 AM.

Comment

The virus didn't crush the US economy, the government crushed the US economy. Khristi Noem Governor South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post

Rat fails to mention that NY, NJ, Conn, Mass, and other states had higher death rates while denying their citizens dignity and freedom. Rat is for more death and dishonor. He's not too big on that whole freedom, human dignity, and individual honor thing. Rat doesn't want you to notice Florida has all those vaccinated seniors, and open businesses and schools, without the death and dishonor. South Dakota and Florida handled the Chinese Wuhan Virus, NY and NJ handled the people like disposable diapers. If you had a choice which would you choose?
                Don't forget Californicate, Oregon and Washinton. The whole, entire "left coast".
                "Peaceful protestors" (domestic terrorists!) are still roaming the streets of Portland and Seattle, maskless. But since they are simply peaceful demonstrators......(?)

Comment

The "rump roach" never posts facts. No links.
                  The "rump roach" only pushes his liberal agenda.
                  The "rump roach" only posts liberal narratives.

Comment

Wearing a mask didn't do too much to my dignity or freedumbs, I've worked more in the past year than all previous years, and made more money. I couldn't go to restaurants, big whoop. My wife actually cooks. I made tiny adjustments to food shopping, and buying materials. We didn't go to friends houses to socialize and my kids adjusted well to remote schooling. I'm not sure what your experiences have been in this world but I sure wouldn't call those a hardship. Dishonor? Been drinking or what?

Yup, those NE states are packed with idiots, and the NE corridor is also the most heavily populated part of our country, and Florida despite being the warmest state is just under top 10 in new infections. I guess if Massachusetts is the place you want to be like you're welcome to it. Myself I think a bunch of old folks saying good by via i-pad just aint the way to go.

Remember "no worse than the flu"? or how about gone by Easter. 512,000 dead people is not real dignified nor honorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo
                      I figured with the cold spell Texas had, you would grow to like it🙃

South Dakota is probably more conservative.
                      Geez danbo! LOL!

1) had we (me & family specifically, Texans in general) been more prepared, things would have turned out much better
                      2) the SoDak governor (Ms. K. Norm (R-SD) is WAY more conservative that Gov. G. Abbott (R-TX) and I admire and respect her MUCH more than I do Abbott.
                      3) ERCOT is a bunch of appointed idiot, nonTexans who were over compensated imbecilic "Green Nude Eel" greenies who couldn't manage a peanut stand.

P.S. - I have lived in those conditions. Prepared, no problemo, the air just hurts your face! LOL! 🥶

P.P.S. - in a ratio of liberal vs. conservative, SD probably DOES outnumber Texicans.
                      We get many Californios escaping Newsom, but they won't leave their freakin' lib voting habits behind! 😠!
                      Last edited by FirstBubba; 02-28-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Rat got described as essential. The government anointed the Rat, and denigrated others to lose their jobs, to make less money. To eliminate their jobs totally. I'm glad that Rats chains lay lightly on his shoulders but millions of people, millions of his fellow citizens got screwed by government edict. Congratulations Rat, the government smiled and you made out this time! Next time maybe not.

Comment

Everybody loves a singer.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                            Been going unmasked to the bar since June. I'm obviously still alive and kicking. Will be singing there tonight.
                            Alabama currently at #4 for highest death rate. But only #10 for highest overall. Both are per 100,000.

Not that Alabama or Pig are unique mind you. All governors have been under lots of pressure to open bars and restaurants even though next to nursing homes they are the origin of most spread. It's been the same in many regions with a week government or one mostly controlled by the moneyed interests.

Epidemiologists are pretty good at making rational estimates of how many dead, how many vaccinated, how many going to bars and singing like Pig. The US is a great example of a dysfunctional government controlled by corruption. We are in the top ten deaths per million, edged out Bosnia, hanging out with places like Italy, Portugal, Check, etc.

Alabama is one of the few states starting to see a rise in cases, they are just below the top ten per capita, a little effort and they'll edge out Kentucky, Florida, Georgia and Texas. I doubt it though, Texas for sure is seeing a rise in cases that looks to propel it up to top 5 status quickly. Connecticut and Rhode Island are also getting a second wind. Got to get some infections going or too many will be vaccinated and there won't be enough left to kill.

All this would be great if it were a Darwin award kind of thing (pardon me to you creationist types) but it doesn't much strike the perps. Biggest infection rates are in the 20 to 40 year old cohort, biggest deaths over 65. People be killing Granny then they're like "woops, how the heck did that happen?"

Comment

It is a Darwin Award kind of thing. The weak get taken out so the strong have a better chance at survival. Fits in with Carrying Capacity and such.

I’m sick of the left trying to play both sides of science. Humans have cheated the system for so long we’re overrunning the planet with individuals who don’t/won’t contribute to the betterment of their own lives let alone our kind. Survival of the fittest would go a long way toward preventing climate change if we’d let it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad