Good News On the Covid Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News On the Covid Front

For 78 days the average daily death rate has been over 2000, over the weekend it fell below for the first time in three months. By next week it will be below 1500.

Vaccinating as many nursing home residents as possible has led to less infection and has freed up hospital space. Docs and nurses have time to treat every patient with as much care as possible.

The US has about the fourth or so highest rate of vaccination in the world. Israel, the UK, and a couple of tiny countries have done more. We were lucky in that we had vaccine producing factories here, and the first two we made were very good.

It's a shame a half million people have died, and I hope we wake up and prepare for the next one.

Increasing population density inevitability leads to increased vulnerability to disease. Andy Coumo wasn't worried about the Wuhan Virus last year at this time because he knew that NY had the best health care system in the world.

Comment

This is what you get for calling the virus Chinese names to mimic Trump.

"Chinese Man’s Teeth Knocked Out, Suffers Brain Hemorrhage After Random Attack in NYC."

https://news.yahoo.com/chinese-man-t...170413292.html

Comment

"A man from Berkeley, California has been taken into custody after using social media to share threats about killing Asians. Reginald Jackson, a former gang member, allegedly wrote about beating up, blowing up and robbing Asians ahead of the Lunar New Year."

https://news.yahoo.com/berkeley-man-...160513911.html

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2A328A49-1778-48D9-B529-AFFC529846E8.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	768041

Comment

Yet you can talk about the South African or British variant? People looking for an excuse to beat on someone aren't waiting for me to tell them what their target should be this week. Only a moron would make the argument that you're making, oh wait!

Comment

lab -
              You are deep.
              But deep down, you are shallow.

Comment

I don't think the anti Asian hate crimes are due to Trump or fear of the virus from Asia, it's simply black people hating on Asians because Asians work hard, obey the law, go to school, and make more money.

There is also a new California variant that might be more communicable. Cases in N CA have jumped from 16% to now being half the cases they test, and the variant typically has twice the viral load.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                  I don't think the anti Asian hate crimes are due to Trump or fear of the virus from Asia, it's simply black people hating on Asians because Asians work hard, obey the law, go to school, and make more money.

There is also a new California variant that might be more communicable. Cases in N CA have jumped from 16% to now being half the cases they test, and the variant typically has twice the viral load.
                  The average Asian is X multiple times smarter than the average africans and I think the africans know it then they act out like animals, attacking old women.
                  Last edited by jhjimbo; 02-24-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

Now wait a minute rr, there is no race hate by anyone other than whites. Have you not been listening to dimwit news ? We all know that the black community is unable to be racist, it’s just those damn white bastards that ef everything up and hate everyone ! When obumie was elected president for two terms, the whites had nothing to do with it, a population of only 13% elected him all alone !

Comment

The 40 y.o. who died of corvid in the news today 2/28 probably had a compromised immune system already. Other diseases, treatment drugs, or was living in a bubble. IF you are never exposed to something, chances are you will not develop immunity to it. One example is a baby protected from everything turns out to be affected by everything.

Comment

I'm sure you Trumpers will like the new two-mask advisory being pushed by the medical community.

I didn't see many masks at this afternoon's super-spreader event at the CPAC in Orlando, and the audience was packed together like sardines.

I think the main ballroom holds 1400 people.
                        Last edited by 99explorer; 02-28-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I wonder if CPAC will have a outbreak in a week or two. ?
                          New variant in New Zealand, more contagious and more deadly.

Comment

During his CPAC speech, Trump said, "And for four years, I fought like hell to save your second amendment."
                            I don't remember any such fight.
                            The only 2A issue that came up during his administration was the legality of bump stocks, and Trump quickly disposed of that by banning them as illegal to own.

Comment

Got the J&J Covid shot 7 hrs ago - no reaction. The J&J is 100% against severe disease and hospitalization and death. About 65% against lesser infection.
                              One difference is J&J was the only one tested against the B-117 S african variant.
                              All of them can be tweaked as necessary in a reasonable amount of time.
                              We are getting general population to about 25% immunized, need to get more to kick this virus or it will be with us for a much longer time as it mutates faster and faster. Already the
                              S sfrican variant is now known to be more deadly than originally thought.
                              Actually I did not have an apt. I stopped in a CVS to see if they had any cancellations - they did not but took my name. After home a short time I got the call they had a cancellation and I rushed right back 1/2 hour before closing. Thanks go out to CVS.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Is It True ?
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                Actually EO’s are not laws, as they have not been passed through legislation. It would appear they are not valid concerning private citizens, but only...
                                Today, 11:49 AM
                              • Is It True ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                I heard a violation of a law/regulation developed through Executive Order does not carry jail time. Anybody know if that is true ?...
                                Today, 10:53 AM
                              • Reply to Dimwits solidifying their base,,,,,,,
                                by labrador12
                                Another riot in Portland Oregon last night, Federal building torched. No arrests made. What's that 200+ riots in Portland, attacking Federal property...
                                Today, 11:33 AM
                              • Dimwits solidifying their base,,,,,,,
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                It is plain to see the hate of the American citizen by the ludicrous actions of the pitiful dimwits ! With many people suffering the economic problems...
                                Today, 03:43 AM
                              • Reply to Bit-Coins
                                by jhjimbo
                                Purchases like cars and real estate are using B-C. Tesla E. Musk bought $250million. No paper trail. Every transaction over $10K greenbacks (worthless...
                                Today, 09:25 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X