Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wwtd? Wdbd? Wdad?

What Would Trump Do?

When Gov G. Abbott (R-TX) saw the forecast, he asked Biden's DOE for permission to ramp up energy production at all fossil fuel plants to full capacity. They currently can only operate at 60% capacity due to EPA pollution restrictions.
    We ALL know Trump would have given permission to ramp up production.

What Did Biden Do?

Nothing! President "SilverAlert" sat back and said and did absolutely NOTHING!
    He left it all to his DOE henchman to tell Gov. Abbott, "Yes. But you have to charge customers $1500/kwh."
    Which is basically a big fat, "NO!".

What Did Abbott Do?

Like Biden, "NOTHING!"
    Gov. Abbott did ask to increase production, but rather that stick his finger in the eye of the DOE and order power plants to full production to protect Texas citizens and his constituents, Gov. Abbott sat back and allowed Texans to suffer through an historic cold front.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/0...with-receipts/

greg grabbit is not the Governor Texas needs. Rick Perry, for all his faults, would have told bite-me where to go. bite-me is taking out his, or somebody's, spite on Texas, being a red state. Note the 77 county disaster relief dispensation.
    One thing about the Big Freeze and grabbit's action, or like thereof, I'm sure that that sunk finally and forever any chance he ever had at the GOP nomination for President in 2024. If grabbit wanted to do the right thing for Texas, and his
    constituents, he would scrap all the green nude eel crapola, get the coal and natural gas plants fired back up, and tell the Feds to stick it. He has every right to do this, under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, or at least enough legal standing after a disaster to make a good case that would take years to defeat in court. But, he won't. Possibly, the next Governor, whom ever that might be, will.
    Now, if we could just get rid of corny......
    Last edited by crm3006; 02-23-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Governor Greg Abbott announced Saturday that President Joe Biden has partially approved the state’s request for a major disaster declaration.

On Thursday, the Governor requested the Major Disaster Declaration for “individual assistance, public assistance, and hazard mitigation for individuals” for all of the state’s 254 counties affected by the devastating winter storm.

The Biden administration approved part of the request for individual assistance in 77 counties and for public assistance in all 254 counties.

Gov. Abbott said he and other state leaders will continue to work to get Texans the assistance they need following the storm.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...r-declaration/

“I thank President Biden for his assistance as we respond to impacts of winter weather across our state,” Abbott said in a statement. “While this partial approval is an important first step, Texas will continue to work with our federal partners to ensure all eligible Texans have access to the relief they need. The funds provided under the Major Disaster Declaration may provide crucial assistance to Texans as they begin to repair their homes and address property damage.”
      Last edited by 99explorer; 02-23-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Check the final sentence in my post.
        This is what those two phonies call "NOTHING!"

Comment

Once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

So we've been told the past year. Over and over.

Yahoo hypocrisy continues.

Comment

No Yahoo hypocricy.
            That story is from KSAT - San Antonio.
            Yahoo reprints articles published elsewhere.

Comment

Yes, yes you do.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DB7FA6E2-9471-4B0B-A21D-805AFC5579B3.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	768056

Comment

I think it's narrow minded to blame things like this on Texans, Biden, or Abbot. We have crumbling infrastructure all across the board, from our electric grid to our road and rail to water, everything. Infrastructure is a common good and no one should be without electricity except for local lines being down, that kind of thing. Saving money and making a profit should not be a consideration when safeguarding our infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                      I think it's narrow minded to blame things like this on Texans, Biden, or Abbot. We have crumbling infrastructure all across the board, from our electric grid to our road and rail to water, everything. Infrastructure is a common good and no one should be without electricity except for local lines being down, that kind of thing. Saving money and making a profit should not be a consideration when safeguarding our infrastructure.
                      Our border security which equates to our national security, should receive even more consideration in being safeguarded. But that appears to be needed to be brought to the attention of our dimwit’s in power !

Comment

Inuvik NWT didn't have the problems Texas had. Fairbanks Ak doesn't have the problems Texas had. Over reliance on green nude eel solutions cause people to die. Over reaction on the global warming blather killed again. How many people have died in the last twenty years because of the down sizing of automobiles? Twenty thousand? More? If you like being trampled by bureaucratic solutions to non problems you are going to love the Biden years. Its a good time to be Chinese, Americans not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                          Inuvik NWT didn't have the problems Texas had. Fairbanks Ak doesn't have the problems Texas had. Over reliance on green nude eel solutions cause people to die. Over reaction on the global warming blather killed again. How many people have died in the last twenty years because of the down sizing of automobiles? Twenty thousand? More? If you like being trampled by bureaucratic solutions to non problems you are going to love the Biden years. Its a good time to be Chinese, Americans not so much.
                          My county has more wind turbines than the state of texas (on wyoming border), and we had no problems, because they are built to withstand harsh winter conditions. Texas could have done the same, except wind is only a tiny part of their electric generation anyway. Gas plants failed because they weren't winterized either. Also little excess capacity costs money.

Texas blew it.

Rather than scapegoating we need infrastructure with redundancy built in. Yes bowhunter that especially means border control. We've let all infrastructure as well as basic services languish, don't want rich folks to pay more in taxes.

Comment

Texas didn't winterize anything. They claimed to be inhibited by covid. Places like Inuvik use diesel to run there electric plants. Their diesel comes in on barges down the Mackenzie River. Inuvik goes dark without electricity for over a month. They pay attention. Texas has anticipated that global warming will prohibit what happened to them. Model sucked. Only a few people died, no big deal huh Rat.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                              Texas didn't winterize anything. They claimed to be inhibited by covid. Places like Inuvik use diesel to run there electric plants. Their diesel comes in on barges down the Mackenzie River. Inuvik goes dark without electricity for over a month. They pay attention. Texas has anticipated that global warming will prohibit what happened to them. Model sucked. Only a few people died, no big deal huh Rat.
                              Abbott, like a true conservative, decided to give the GNE "a shot"!
                              I understand Abbott has a habit of not listening or talking to his advisors and wandering off on his own.
                              Bit him in his dead a$$!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Speech
                                by 99explorer
                                No. That was an applause line.
                                Plus another chance to repeat that he had won two elections , and might go for a third.
                                Today, 10:00 AM
                              • Trump Speech
                                by jhjimbo
                                Did you catch where Trump said he may even run for 'three' terms ? Is that a coded message ?...
                                Today, 07:51 AM
                              • Reply to 1971 movie The Pacific
                                by Danbo
                                What's that got do when it was made? It was made in 2010 not 1971...
                                Today, 08:39 AM
                              • 1971 movie The Pacific
                                by jhjimbo
                                Has anybody watched the entire movie ? I watched segment 8 through 10 the other day. John Basilone (sp) was really something. I did not care for all...
                                Yesterday, 02:19 PM
                              • Reply to 1971 movie The Pacific
                                by jhjimbo
                                You did not read my post. I said I watched segment 8,9 and10. The only thing I know of that is available in segments is the mini series....
                                Today, 08:32 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X