Ben Shapiro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Shapiro

Anybody listen to Ben? i catch him on 760AM in the evening. I learned some from listening to him. You have to listen carefully as he is a fast speaker. If you sneeze you will miss a paragraph. Reminds me of my wife and her twin Sister. They each could talk that fast to each other and understand exactly what they were saying. She also got me in Pinochle as she could remember all the cards played.

Just as a side note Jimbo, you mention Pinochle,,,,,,, when in the military we used to have Pinochle sessions that ran into the next day ! It’s a great game and it made the off time a little more bearable. Not a game that is played much anymore, or at least in my area.

Comment

Are you still stuck in Germany? The virus cases are taking a precipitous drop in the U.S. I think it surprised the Dr's.
      Did I tell you I spent a week in Garnish at the ski area. First time in my life I Click image for larger version

Name:	jim_germany_1969.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	767860 took ski lessons. Tried to get in beginner class but wound up in expert - 1 girl, 5 guys. The instructor watched us ski the first day on the top of Zugspitze, then the rest of the week we skied all the way down. Best skiing I ever had - took about 30 min to ski down. At the end of the week there was a slalom race and I won it.
      Took the train to Amsterdam for a few days then on to London.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        Are you still stuck in Germany? The virus cases are taking a precipitous drop in the U.S. I think it surprised the Dr's.
        Did I tell you I spent a week in Garnish at the ski area. First time in my life I Click image for larger version

Name:	jim_germany_1969.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	767860 took ski lessons. Tried to get in beginner class but wound up in expert - 1 girl, 5 guys. The instructor watched us ski the first day on the top of Zugspitze, then the rest of the week we skied all the way down. Best skiing I ever had - took about 30 min to ski down. At the end of the week there was a slalom race and I won it.
        Took the train to Amsterdam for a few days then on to London.
        Well Jimbo, the answer to your question about being still stuck in Germany is YES! In two more days it will be 1 year. Left America on the 22nd. in order to be here to celebrate my 80th birthday with my wife’s family on the 23rd, and then due to this and that with the commie virus, and the closing of international flights into the USA, I am still gracing the Krouters !

I also learned to ski in Germany when I was 65, and also skied the Zugspitze but probably not the same difficult slopes you did, I was more on the bunny runs lol !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Well Jimbo, the answer to your question about being still stuck in Germany is YES! In two more days it will be 1 year. Left America on the 22nd. in order to be here to celebrate my 80th birthday with my wife’s family on the 23rd, and then due to this and that with the commie virus, and the closing of international flights into the USA, I am still gracing the Krouters !

I also learned to ski in Germany when I was 65, and also skied the Zugspitze but probably not the same difficult slopes you did, I was more on the bunny runs lol !
          Yule led us down and it was over open ground, down goat paths and through the woods. I wish I had a go-pro for the ride, it was more than words can describe. No stopping to rest either. The ski's I used are 185's they wanted me on for the lessons. My normal is 210's.

Have you hunted Germany ? I was stationed in Izmir and hunted pigs while I was there. Also skied in Bursa on Mt Uladag(sp.) on the coast of Black Sea.
          Last edited by jhjimbo; 02-20-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

What does skiing in Germany have to do with Ben Shapiro?
            You're posting useless crap on your own posts, dumbo!

Sorry bhr, no offense to you sir! I'd like to see Germany myself someday.
            I have alot of Jewish ancestors. I'd like to visit some of the concentration camps.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              Anybody listen to Ben? i catch him on 760AM in the evening. I learned some from listening to him. You have to listen carefully as he is a fast speaker. If you sneeze you will miss a paragraph. Reminds me of my wife and her twin Sister. They each could talk that fast to each other and understand exactly what they were saying. She also got me in Pinochle as she could remember all the cards played.
              Yes I've listened to him. He's ok but not one of my favorites.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad