Now Andy Cuomo's unpopular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Andy Cuomo's unpopular?

Andy Coumo, the guy who said that there is no place in NY State for conservatives. The guy who passed the NY Safe Act, which Biden wants to go national. Coumo is the epitome of a modern Democrat and the dipwads in the media are torn by having to defend him while knowing he killed thousands.

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    Andy Coumo, the guy who said that there is no place in NY State for conservatives. The guy who passed the NY Safe Act, which Biden wants to go national. Coumo is the epitome of a modern Democrat and the dipwads in the media are torn by having to defend him while knowing he killed thousands.
    I did not like is Father either.

Comment

Rush used to call him, Mario the Pius. I remember Mario trying to pass increased gun control in NY. His plan would have made Model 12 Winchesters illegal because they hold more than 6 rounds. That was the last straw for me. I finally realized that there was no end to gun control. That eventually even guns like my grandfather's would be illegal. Andy passed his Safe Act but gun crime hasn't gone away. NY citizens aren't complying, just as American Citizens aren't going to comply with any new Federal law.

Comment

Haven't listened to a lot, but even CNN was pretty matter-of-fact about the investigation, didn't seem to be trying to sugarcoat anything in the report I saw. Local news, only slightly to the left of middle, has been pretty straightforward, too. We'll see.

One way or another, looks like Andy burned up a lot of those brownie points he scored early in the Covid. He even had me liking him for a while.

Comment

Funny how Coumo finally got caught abusing a group that bites back. He was just as big a tool when he was running Clinton's HUD Dept. Democrats can get away with anything. It would be nice to see the last of him, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Comment

The sexual harassment business is a red herring. (D)'s never have anything like that stick. It's just to distract from the nursing home covid coverup. Cuomo prolly set it up himself, to muddy the waters and further the distraction. It's all anybody is talking about. Soon the aides will recant and everything is good. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.
            Last edited by franchi20; 03-01-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/28/...legations.html

Don’t forget Cuomo was likely to make a run against Harris in 2024. He’s not a team player so....

Comment

I'll never forget the lie I was told by the NY State Senate. They swore that no gun control would be passed as long as Republicans had the majority in the NY State Senate. They geeked, and the NY Safe Act was passed without the Democrats having a majority. I left NY.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Is Coumo in jeopardy of being tossed out? Will anyone in the media question the role of his Safe Act in the increased gun violence in NY? Can the elitist media ask questions like that of Democrat Stooges like Coumo? I think not. There will be no questioning of increased gun control not inhibiting increasing gun violence. Some questions can't be asked in a world of state controlled media.
                  Last edited by labrador12; 03-02-2021, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Two words: Eliot Spitzer.

Cuomo may not have patronized hookers but he ought to have known better than to “flirt” with subordinates and such. How soon we forget Anthony Weiner.

Also, Spitzer got into the Governor’s position by way of the Attorney General’s office. Considering the current AG.......

Hopefully Cuomo catches a ride on the Karma bus.

Comment

The entire Cuomo dynasty has not been good for New York. I heard some 30% of NYC is on welfare. Not sustainable.

Comment

Since the 2016 elections, have we ever seen any type of justice being dolled out to a dimwit ? NO, and we never will, We can forget any type of media attention being given to this administration, all being swept under the rug. Same with all the hunter biden crap, there will be mo follow up on that matter, pappy will see to that, and the press will not push it ! There will also be no further information in regards to the Durham reports either !

Comment

I see the "smokescreen" possibility as relates to the nursing home issue, but if that's the plan, so far it doesn't seem to be panning out as the nursing home issue is still pretty much hand-in-hand with the harrassment issue in all the news I hear. If it's a smokescreen, so far the newsies don't seem to be going for it. Whether that's good journalism or just fits with an agenda, who knows? (And ain't that always the problem nowadays?)

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                            I see the "smokescreen" possibility as relates to the nursing home issue, but if that's the plan, so far it doesn't seem to be panning out as the nursing home issue is still pretty much hand-in-hand with the harrassment issue in all the news I hear. If it's a smokescreen, so far the newsies don't seem to be going for it. Whether that's good journalism or just fits with an agenda, who knows? (And ain't that always the problem nowadays?)
                            I think the "smokescreen" is the "sexual assault" format.
                            The sexual assault is a "she said, he said" bull party that can be sluffed off. i.e. "Creepy Joe", "Slick Willie", etc, etc....
                            The nursing home thing the media is ignoring is cold, hard, proven fact. Can't allow "proven" fact to sully a (d).
                            I'd bet a dime to a rolling donut hole Cuomo wins reelection. He's the NY Darling.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

I think the "smokescreen" is the "sexual assault" format.
                              The sexual assault is a "she said, he said" bull party that can be sluffed off. i.e. "Creepy Joe", "Slick Willie", etc, etc....
                              The nursing home thing the media is ignoring is cold, hard, proven fact. Can't allow "proven" fact to sully a (d).
                              I'd bet a dime to a rolling donut hole Cuomo wins reelection. He's the NY Darling.
                              Right, I didn't phrase my comment very well. I know the smokescreen is the sexual harrassment thing -- but so far as I've seen, they're still addressing the nursing home issue with equal attention. So far, it really hasn't seemed like the smokescreen is working.

The polls that Syracuse media reported today have Cuomo at 38 percent approval with something like 15 percent undecided -- with only about 37 percent thinking he should resign. Doesn't say much, and polls are dubious anyway.

I'm inclined to agree that so far, nothing would cost him an election. BUT! Yesterday and today, the Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul has been getting lots and lots of attention, becoming quite a NY darling herself.

Who knows what all is going on? "Trust nothing that you hear, and less of what you see."

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad