No announcement yet.

Happy Valentine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try not to get too chummy with the wives of my friends, much less offering to come over for a drink with them.

Comment

Diana has more projection and borderline screaming. Sissel is quality over quantity.

Comment

The guy I rode with worked in a bar in Alaska to survive. He played the piano and said he had the lyrics and music of 250 songs memorized. Sadly he passed away not long ago.
        He was also a taxidermist and also flew R/C airplanes. He had a 30+' boat on the Lake. Nice thing was his wife let him do what ever he wanted. We probably rode 3 or 4 days in the summer and fished the others.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

I guess we could... but then we'd just as boring as the other couples who stay at home for their evenings
          Your story about Tommy, there's definitely a good C&W song in there, somewhere.
          "He knew it was wrong
          (twang, twang) .ll
          So he blamed it on the song ...
          (twang, twang) ....
          Oh, Tommy, when you gonna learn?
          This one's too hot, you're sure to get burned ....
          Twang, twang. "

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Your story about Tommy, there's definitely a good C&W song in there, somewhere.
            "He knew it was wrong
            (twang, twang) .ll
            So he blamed it on the song ...
            (twang, twang) ....
            Oh, Tommy, when you gonna learn?
            This one's too hot, you're sure to get burned ....
            Twang, twang. "
            Now that's a good start to a great song!

The funny thing is Tommy's favorite song to sing is "Faithfully" by Journey
            Journey - Faithfully lyrics - Bing video

Comment

Now that's a good start to a great song!

The funny thing is Tommy's favorite song to sing is "Faithfully" by Journey
              Journey - Faithfully lyrics - Bing video
              Thanks for the compliment; I don't think I'll quit my day-job just yet, though.

Comment

Tommy was there again last night. He stayed only long enough to sing "Faithfully" and then left. Strange character.

I bombed on Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind". My execution was good but the song was too slow and didn't get much of a reaction. Everyone liked "Sharp Dressed Man" and it filled the dance floor. I guess that's the direction that's needed. Got a request from the table next to us for me to do "Another Brick In The Wall". Should've done that instead. Did "Nightshift" on a whim and it was ok.

For next week I'm thinking of starting out with "White Wedding" and then do "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide". Perhaps "Another Brick In The Wall" if those interested show.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                  Diana has more projection and borderline screaming. Sissel is quality over quantity.
                  Sissel is quite beautiful and no doubt can sing and does an awesome job on everything she sings, but her "genre" just isn't my "thang".
                  I'm more of a C&W and bluegrass sorta guy.
                  Most of my "Opry" selections are mostly country and spiritual with some country/rockish stuff thrown in.
                  I do Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", but it's too long for the "Opry". We try to keep it under 3 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Sissel is quite beautiful and no doubt can sing and does an awesome job on everything she sings, but her "genre" just isn't my "thang".
                    I'm more of a C&W and bluegrass sorta guy.
                    Most of my "Opry" selections are mostly country and spiritual with some country/rockish stuff thrown in.
                    I do Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", but it's too long for the "Opry". We try to keep it under 3 minutes.
                    Always liked "Edmund Fitzgerald," ever since learning it for the first time in 4th-grade music class. Do you know what the line "The lake it is said, never gives up its dead" means? Apparently Gitchee Gumee's water is so cold that bodies don't bloat and float the way they do in warmer waters, so they stay underwater and are seldom found.
                    Last edited by MattM37; 02-22-2021, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Always liked "Edmund Fitzgerald," ever since learning it for the first time in 4th-grade music class. Do you know what the line "The lake it is said, never gives up its dead" means? Apparently Gitchee Gumee's water is so cold that bodies don't bloat and float the way they do in warmer waters, so they stay underwater and are seldom found.
                      Had never even considered the line MattM37.
                      You may be correct. Bodies just sink. Without the creation of decomposition gases, there is nothing to cause a body to float.

Comment

This is more my style of music.
                        The Petersen's in Branson, Missouri.

https://youtu.be/jrRqX4gIQPc

Comment

Tommy was there again last night. He stayed only long enough to sing "Faithfully" and then left. Strange character.

I bombed on Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind". My execution was good but the song was too slow and didn't get much of a reaction. Everyone liked "Sharp Dressed Man" and it filled the dance floor. I guess that's the direction that's needed. Got a request from the table next to us for me to do "Another Brick In The Wall". Should've done that instead. Did "Nightshift" on a whim and it was ok.

For next week I'm thinking of starting out with "White Wedding" and then do "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide". Perhaps "Another Brick In The Wall" if those interested show.
                          Sittin on the dock of the Bay Otis

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Sittin on the dock of the Bay Otis
                            Great song! PigHuntress has been practicing it and plans to sing it within the next month.

Comment

Great song! PigHuntress has been practicing it and plans to sing it within the next month.
                              I don't know if I even really want to know this, but have you and the Huntress ever done a duet of "Shallow"? I haven't been to a bar in many years, but when that movie came out, I imagined Karaoke Nights saw a lot of that song.

I have no problem saying in public that I think Lady Gaga is one of the finest musicians of the past twenty years. Unbelievable range, great pianist, great songwriting.

Comment

"... I have no problem saying in public that I think Lady Gaga is one of the finest musicians of the past twenty years. Unbelievable range, great pianist, great songwriting. ..."

...and about as big a Hollywood liberal as they come! LOL!

MattM37- I think you're pretty spot on about her skills and talent.
                                I try to give everybody, even liberals, credit where credit is due.
                                I did like that commercial she did with Tony Bennet several years ago. It was just a few lines, but they were awesome together.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad