Happy Valentine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Always liked "Edmund Fitzgerald," ever since learning it for the first time in 4th-grade music class. Do you know what the line "The lake it is said, never gives up its dead" means? Apparently Gitchee Gumee's water is so cold that bodies don't bloat and float the way they do in warmer waters, so they stay underwater and are seldom found.
    Had never even considered the line MattM37.
    You may be correct. Bodies just sink. Without the creation of decomposition gases, there is nothing to cause a body to float.

Comment

This is more my style of music.
      The Petersen's in Branson, Missouri.

https://youtu.be/jrRqX4gIQPc

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        Tommy was there again last night. He stayed only long enough to sing "Faithfully" and then left. Strange character.

I bombed on Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind". My execution was good but the song was too slow and didn't get much of a reaction. Everyone liked "Sharp Dressed Man" and it filled the dance floor. I guess that's the direction that's needed. Got a request from the table next to us for me to do "Another Brick In The Wall". Should've done that instead. Did "Nightshift" on a whim and it was ok.

For next week I'm thinking of starting out with "White Wedding" and then do "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide". Perhaps "Another Brick In The Wall" if those interested show.
        Sittin on the dock of the Bay Otis

Comment

Great song! PigHuntress has been practicing it and plans to sing it within the next month.
          I don't know if I even really want to know this, but have you and the Huntress ever done a duet of "Shallow"? I haven't been to a bar in many years, but when that movie came out, I imagined Karaoke Nights saw a lot of that song.

I have no problem saying in public that I think Lady Gaga is one of the finest musicians of the past twenty years. Unbelievable range, great pianist, great songwriting.

Comment

"... I have no problem saying in public that I think Lady Gaga is one of the finest musicians of the past twenty years. Unbelievable range, great pianist, great songwriting. ..."

...and about as big a Hollywood liberal as they come! LOL!

MattM37- I think you're pretty spot on about her skills and talent.
            I try to give everybody, even liberals, credit where credit is due.
            I did like that commercial she did with Tony Bennet several years ago. It was just a few lines, but they were awesome together.

Comment

Matt, we've never heard of that one so I had to look it up. Discovered it came from the 2018 remake of "A Star Is Born" and we've not seen the movie. However, I'm a fan of the 1976 version with Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. (Haven't seen the 1937 or 1954 versions either).

It is an interesting song and I like some Lady Gaga songs. No doubt she deserves her success.

At home we sometimes sing "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum. The problem is the DJ doesn't have songs released after 1991

Lady Antebellum - Need You Now - Bing video
              I have a copy of Sissel in heels and leather pants in duet. I will see if I can find it.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZyntP-If74 Enjoy

Bet you have not heard a rendition like this...
              Sissel Kyrkjebø: "Summertime" - 29.06.17 - YouTube
              Last edited by jhjimbo; 02-22-2021, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Here is one for you Procol Marium Whiter Shade of Pale. If you make a mistake nobody will ever know. The square is Trafalgar in London. A bar just off the square I used to partake some libations. Statue on top is Queen Victoria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgTjUloUEI

Here is a video with lyrics that help explain the story

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DRESTAB
                Last edited by jhjimbo; 02-22-2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad