Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Valentine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Happy Valentine

    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...749769e7166749

  • #2
    Very nice. I'd forgotten that song.

    PigHuntress and I have been selecting love songs for tonight at the bar. We're hoping to do a duet if the DJ has the song: "The Time Of My Life"
    Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life [Official Video] - Bing video

    For solo, she may sing a couple of the following:
    Rock Me Baby - Bing video

    The Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to Love ( live 1969 ) - Bing video

    Spandau Ballet - True (HD Remastered) - Bing video

    Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time (Official Music Video) - Bing video

    For solo, I may sing a couple of these:
    Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Official Video) - Bing video

    Van Morrison – Moondance - Bing video

    Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind - Bing video

    Comment


    • #3
      PigHunter- What? No Waylon? What kind of selection leaves out Waylon?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
        PigHunter- What? No Waylon? What kind of selection leaves out Waylon?
        Hmmm, I'm not much of fan and have never tried singing any of Waylon's songs. There's a couple of old farts that will sing Jennings but I'll pass.

        Mainly I sing pop or hard rock. I do sing a few songs by Toby Keith, George Strait, and Willie Nelson. Was practicing Troubadour by Strait but the DJ doesn't have songs that new in her playlist (essentially anything after 1990 is not available).

        Comment


        • #5
          Why don't you do the duet of lionel llrichie and Diana if you harmonize this should not be too hard to sing. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

            Why don't you do the duet of lionel llrichie and Diana if you harmonize this should not be too hard to sing. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
            That's also a great song for duet, good suggestion. We've sung that one at home and in front of friends. I do pretty good with my part but PigHuntress strains to hit the high notes on her side. Actually my best friend's wife and I do it better together but they don't go on Sunday nights.

            Besides, another couple at the bar occasionally sing it and all of us in the regular crowd try not to walk on one another's favs. That's why I don't sing Elvis or Cash tunes there. So many old farts like those and I don't want to one-up them by performing better on something they really try to do their best

            Comment


            • #7
              PigHunter- How did the karaoke go? Not to sure you were a hit with no Waylon, but hope you adapted and over came. You had an advantage with the duets, I'm sure!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                PigHunter- How did the karaoke go? Not to sure you were a hit with no Waylon, but hope you adapted and over came. You had an advantage with the duets, I'm sure!
                Even though we are well prepared on our song selection, the 75 year-old DJ often has her own agenda. First she asked me to sing "Sweet Caroline" by Neill Diamond. Well, of course I can do that but I don't really like the song. However, it's the DJ's show so I just kissed her ass and went with it.

                A few performers later, she called PigHuntress up and wanted her to sing "Pink Cadillac". This time I stepped in and asked that we sing our duet "Time Of My Life" and the DJ relented. My 2nd solo was "Moondance" and PigHuntress said it was good. Her 1st solo came up and "Pink Cadillac" was back. PigHuntress did well but it wasn't what she wanted to sing.

                In the meantime, a 1st time guest of one of the regulars really slaughtered Dean Martin's "It's Amore". His 2nd song was "Aquarius" and he was bombing horribly. So, PigHuntress stepped in with a microphone and somewhat saved him.

                I'd planned on "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" as my 3rd solo but the DJ wanted me to do "Brick House" instead. That's the 2nd week in a row she's done that but I went with it anyway. I think she just wanted to keep people dancing.

                Finally, PigHuntress got to her last song, Cher's "If I Could Turn Back Time" and it was ok but she could've used more volume. We need to work on her voice projection.

                The evening went alright but with the usual stuff going on. PigHuntress has been taking dance lessons and of course I'm expected to learn my part from her. It was a little shaky at first but I got it sorted out and ended up stepping like I should... can hardly wait for this weeks lesson...NOT. But since it makes her happy I'll do my best.

                PigHuntress likes to shake her tail on the dance floor and flirt. She get's real friendly when drinking and guys notice. But that's what she needs to boost her 65 year old ego. I let it go as long as it doesn't get too personal. She's not wanting anything more than a little attention on the dance floor and she doesn't seem to want to cheat. But the single guys get confused when they ask if she's there alone and she points me out as her husband. Most approach me at the table afterwards and ask if it was ok that they danced. I just give them a firm handshake and tell them it was fine, thanking them for having the courtesy to come and talk with me.

                I try not to be scary but sometimes can't help it. One guy last Fall stepped over the line. He'd asked PigHuntress to meet him on the sly every time they'd danced that evening. (I can't really blame the fella, she is sexy). But, she told me about it, after repeatedly letting him know she's happily married. I said, "Wait, I'll take care of this."

                He was standing over at the bar and I walked up, putting my left arm over his shoulder and pulling him into a sideways hug. I said, "Tommy, you know I like you but you've got to stop asking my wife to meet you on the sly. You know that's just wrong". He looked wide-eyed at me and said, "Yes, it's wrong and I'll stop". I said, "Thanks, it is wrong and I'm glad we won't need to talk about this again." Then I went back to the table.

                Tommy disappeared and didn't show back up for at least a month. He apologized to us both together since and has kept his distance. I've asked PigHuntress to tone it down because I'm getting too old for a bar fight. So far so good. I'm guessing she'll grow out of it by 70...
                Last edited by PigHunter; 02-15-2021, 02:12 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  How many people show up for these singing sessions and how many don't sing ?
                  Is the woman the same DJ every week? how does she look - same age as me.
                  Last edited by jhjimbo; 02-16-2021, 05:39 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

                    Even though we are well prepared on our song selection, the 75 year-old DJ often has her own agenda. First she asked me to sing "Sweet Caroline" by Neill Diamond. Well, of course I can do that but I don't really like the song. However, it's the DJ's show so I just kissed her ass and went with it.

                    A few performers later, she called PigHuntress up and wanted her to sing "Pink Cadillac". This time I stepped in and asked that we sing our duet "Time Of My Life" and the DJ relented. My 2nd solo was "Moondance" and PigHuntress said it was good. Her 1st solo came up and "Pink Cadillac" was back. PigHuntress did well but it wasn't what she wanted to sing.

                    In the meantime, a 1st time guest of one of the regulars really slaughtered Dean Martin's "It's Amore". His 2nd song was "Aquarius" and he was bombing horribly. So, PigHuntress stepped in with a microphone and somewhat saved him.

                    I'd planned on "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" as my 3rd solo but the DJ wanted me to do "Brick House" instead. That's the 2nd week in a row she's done that but I went with it anyway. I think she just wanted to keep people dancing.

                    Finally, PigHuntress got to her last song, Cher's "If I Could Turn Back Time" and it was ok but she could've used more volume. We need to work on her voice projection.

                    The evening went alright but with the usual stuff going on. PigHuntress has been taking dance lessons and of course I'm expected to learn my part from her. It was a little shaky at first but I got it sorted out and ended up stepping like I should... can hardly wait for this weeks lesson...NOT. But since it makes her happy I'll do my best.

                    PigHuntress likes to shake her tail on the dance floor and flirt. She get's real friendly when drinking and guys notice. But that's what she needs to boost her 65 year old ego. I let it go as long as it doesn't get too personal. She's not wanting anything more than a little attention on the dance floor and she doesn't seem to want to cheat. But the single guys get confused when they ask if she's there alone and she points me out as her husband. Most approach me at the table afterwards and ask if it was ok that they danced. I just give them a firm handshake and tell them it was fine, thanking them for having the courtesy to come and talk with me.

                    I try not to be scary but sometimes can't help it. One guy last Fall stepped over the line. He'd asked PigHuntress to meet him on the sly every time they'd danced that evening. (I can't really blame the fella, she is sexy). But, she told me about it, after repeatedly letting him know she's happily married. I said, "Wait, I'll take care of this."

                    He was standing over at the bar and I walked up, putting my left arm over his shoulder and pulling him into a sideways hug. I said, "Tommy, you know I like you but you've got to stop asking my wife to meet you on the sly. You know that's just wrong". He looked wide-eyed at me and said, "Yes, it's wrong and I'll stop". I said, "Thanks, it is wrong and I'm glad we won't need to talk about this again." Then I went back to the table.

                    Tommy disappeared and didn't show back up for at least a month. He apologized to us both together since and has kept his distance. I've asked PigHuntress to tone it down because I'm getting too old for a bar fight. So far so good. I'm guessing she'll grow out of it by 70...
                    Why not just stay out of the bar?
                    Think of all the money you can save towards your retirement! 😀!

                    (all in humor, mi amigo!)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      How many people show up for these singing sessions and how many don't sing ?
                      It varies and I've never made a count. Rough guess is 30 to 40 people with about 12 to 15 singing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

                        Why not just stay out of the bar?
                        Think of all the money you can save towards your retirement! 😀!

                        (all in humor, mi amigo!)
                        I guess we could... but then we'd just as boring as the other couples who stay at home for their evenings

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

                          I guess we could... but then we'd just as boring as the other couples who stay at home for their evenings
                          Wait until you turn 70. Boring isn't so bad and being home is pretty cool! 😜!
                          My biggest excitement these days is making sure I took MY pills and not HERS and the next b.m.! LOL!

                          Could be worser!

                          Set up a feeder and filled it with corn and alfalfa pellets and set up a mineral lick.
                          Occasionally, I get to watch deer and/or javelina while I consume breakfast. Not bad.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here is Endless Love sung at the Academy Awards. must have been real early.
                            did i ever share the comparison video of Diana and Sissel. Singing notes over the entire scale. Diana is good but Sissel is pitch perfect and effortless. Sissel is top rated #1 in the World as a Mezzo Soprano. I will send it in a PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                              Here is Endless Love sung at the Academy Awards. must have been real early.
                              did i ever share the comparison video of Diana and Sissel. Singing notes over the entire scale. Diana is good but Sissel is pitch perfect and effortless. Sissel is top rated #1 in the World as a Mezzo Soprano. I will send it in a PM.
                              It's easy to see why Sissel is rated #1. I like singing Endless Love with my friend's wife. Feel like I need a cigarette afterwards! Talked with her today while I drove to a papermill and offered to come over for a drink on the way home, lol!

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                              Right Rail 1

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Reply to Trump Speech
                                by 99explorer
                                No. That was an applause line.
                                Plus another chance to repeat that he had won two elections , and might go for a third.
                                Today, 10:00 AM
                              • Trump Speech
                                by jhjimbo
                                Did you catch where Trump said he may even run for 'three' terms ? Is that a coded message ?...
                                Today, 07:51 AM
                              • Reply to 1971 movie The Pacific
                                by Danbo
                                What's that got do when it was made? It was made in 2010 not 1971...
                                Today, 08:39 AM
                              • 1971 movie The Pacific
                                by jhjimbo
                                Has anybody watched the entire movie ? I watched segment 8 through 10 the other day. John Basilone (sp) was really something. I did not care for all...
                                Yesterday, 02:19 PM
                              • Reply to 1971 movie The Pacific
                                by jhjimbo
                                You did not read my post. I said I watched segment 8,9 and10. The only thing I know of that is available in segments is the mini series....
                                Today, 08:32 AM

                              Right Rail 3

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X