No announcement yet.

A Week of Very Cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jhjimbo- Quit believing the news reports. Yes, some communities were hit hard, and some people suffered. Not nearly as much as the lying lamestream media would have you believe. TEXAS is a red state, and the media hates us, and all we stand for, so they will magnify any and all misfortunes, hoping to make TEXAS look bad. I'm sure the slimy nine and the honk phony are jumping for joy.
    However, deliveries are back on schedule, the roads are clear, and people are getting back to normal. Yep, it was bad for some, but not nearly so bad as the lamestreams and some left wing politicians want you to think.
    And yes, the news media does have a reason to exaggerate, and they do. They lie.

Comment

CRM -
      I am glad to hear that.
      I was feeling sorry for that poor man who was found frozen to death sitting in his recliner.
      They didnt show a picture of his frozen corpse, so I should have been suspicious.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-hus...r-storm-report
      Last edited by 99explorer; 02-19-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        It is not me saying this, it is the news reports coming out of Texas. Now there is a potable water crisis because once a line breaks you have to boil the water.
        Idiot Bubba should watch the news, they have no reason to exaggerate.
        You think the media is lying about the election but you believe the media in this case. I don't believe the media at all. They lie about everything:

Comment

Just got back from a trip to my little local propane supplier, he has lots of gas, and firewood, for those who want it. Looked like good, split, red oak. Didn't need the propane, especially, but my big (40 gal.) tank was empty, and the smaller one down to half, or so. Mainly for heating the garage, and boiling crawfish, and deer bones, for dog food.
          Stopped off at HEB, no lines, shelves scarce, but not bare. Local fast food joints doing a booming business, as are Lowe's and Home Depot. Plumbing supplies, mainly. Lots of goobers didn't see the need to wrap their pipes, leave a water drip going, or take any measures.
          Those that prepared, made it through this in good shape. Those that didn't, did not. Lots of people caught in the power loss and rolling black outs had generators, some had gas heat. Situation was not near as bad as the media portrayed it, but they have to sensationalize everything.

Comment

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/...saster-relief/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...storm-n2585028

Comment

I don't understand why natural gas is down. Near me is a gas production/cleaning facility and then they send it on in the pipe lines. What is there to freeze ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                I don't understand why natural gas is down. Near me is a gas production/cleaning facility and then they send it on in the pipe lines. What is there to freeze ?
                You don't know squat about natural gas I see.

Comment

Donald Trump Jr just tweeted a slur at the ‘Democrat governor’ of Texas... who is actually a Republican.

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-...193557095.html

Comment

400+ ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere and we still have snow in Texas in February, imagine that. Trump is right, global warming is a hoax!

Comment

• Copied from my daughter. Tells the real story.

Pretty much a massive disaster hit TX and OK. Not going to lie, it wasn't easy for a lot of folks. Our infrastructure and government response was not as ready as it should have been. Our power grid had vulnerabilities.
                      However, while fake news will make people believe that Texans were helpless.... this Texan saw a totally different narrative. I saw people helping one another, I saw generators, fuel, firewood being deployed by residents - not government. I saw people opening homes and businesses as shelters, pets and all. I saw an army of four wheel drive vehicles pulling folks out of ditches, delivering meals, etc. I could go on.
                      You know what I didn't see?
                      Mass Looting.
                      Criticize and laugh all you want, but never doubt the resolve, generosity, and the preparedness of the Texas people. We overcome.

#TexasStrong

Comment

• No looting? Pelosi and Harris expect looting and encourage it. There isn't an adjective that describes the arson and rioting of the summer of 2020 and the abominable coverage of it by the despicable pseudo media.

Comment

• https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...eir_power.html

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 4.37.52 PM.png
Views:	33
Size:	621.5 KB
ID:	767903

Comment

• https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/02/...del-forecasts/

Around the beginning of February Joe Bastardi was talking about a cold front
                              and storms moving through Texas. He said this was going to be 100 year event.

Hopefully this teaches people to be a little more prepared .

FB how is Oklahoma doing with the weather? Do they have power!

Comment

• Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                                https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/02/...del-forecasts/

Around the beginning of February Joe Bastardi was talking about a cold front
                                and storms moving through Texas. He said this was going to be 100 year event.

Hopefully this teaches people to be a little more prepared .

FB how is Oklahoma doing with the weather? Do they have power!
                                So far, knock on wood, the only problems are stores in short supply because the roads are bad.
                                OK does plow major thoroughfares, so store are restocking fairly quickly.
                                These temps and conditions aren't all that rare in OK.
                                Alot of folks in OK have backup generators, gas cook stoves and wood heat.

Amarillo, Lubbock and Wichita Falls are probably the only "towns" that actually have snow plows and then only plow major arteries.
                                A big point of pride in Texas is a Gold Medallion (all electric) home!

P.S. - danbo, through rhe storm, we've been with the youngest in South Texas.
                                This area normally gets only a couple of frosts every year and very seldom a hard frost.
                                We woke up Monday morning to 14°F!
                                We are on the edge of the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) where they grow vegetables year round.
                                Not this year!
                                Produce prices will probably skyrocket!
                                Last edited by FirstBubba; 02-20-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad