Ammo Shortage ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo Shortage ??

Good video of Federal and how they are working to keep up.
    Where’s All the Damn Ammo? Federal Premium’s President Has Some Answers | Outdoor Life

Here is an interesting article I just ran across that offers a different point of view.

https://ccwsafe.com/blog/34236

Comment

They say they are running 24/7, but try to buy a 5 box of buckshot. Or any .223, .308, .38/.357, .45 ACP, or damn near anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
        They say they are running 24/7, but try to buy a 5 box of buckshot. Or any .223, .308, .38/.357, .45 ACP, or damn near anything else.
        Fed law enforcement agencies are all converting from .40 S&W to the 9mm Parabellum round. SMDH!
        One reason that 9mm ammo is almost nonexistent.
        During the buy crush, the .380 Auto and 9mm were extremely popular with the ladies.
        The .380 has never been a big seller anyway. With a run on .380, that stuff is about as rare as hens teeth! LOL!

People ain't "stupid", regardless of what the 3 stooges think! Most bought firearms in popular or easily recognizable calibers. The 4 you listed are probably THE most popular, therefore, disappearing rapidly from known ammo sales locales! (Academy, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc, etc)
        Even online it's tough to locate.
        Then there are the damned "hoarders"!
        Sorry, I'm not gonna pay their inflated prices.

JMNSHO

Comment

I think it varies from region to region. I am going to Cabelas today for something else I will see what they have on hand.
          I get e-mails from various places notifying me when they get ammo in. You should get on some mailing lists for the same info.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            SMDH means “Shaking My Damn Head”

JMNSHO stands for Just My Not So Humble Opinion.

I had to look those up. Thought those abbreviations fell out of common use many years ago...
            Well, hell, pighunter! I'm an old fart! 😎!

Comment

This one has two meanings: GFY.

Comment

Cabelas ammo situation is very low - out of stock on all the popular calibers.

Comment

Saw Fiocchi 38s+p today. $20 for a box of 25. I bought a box just cause. These. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2277.PNG
Views:	185
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	766640
                  Last edited by dewman; 01-26-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

I'm not buying it. I'd like to know to whom it is shipped. I have been searching for primers and powder almost daily at dozens of top web sites since September. I have found no primers for sale anywhere since that time. I have received notifications of inventory arrivals at midway a time or two but by the time I can log in, they are "out of stock". The word is that store shelves at all stores in Atlanta have been bare since before Thanksgiving. If someone has made the decision to supply pistol shooters only, I'd like to hear who made that decision. Why aren't primers distributed evenly to pistol, rifle, shotgun and black powder markets?

Supposedly, record levels of hunting ammo is being made but I would like to know just who sold it in the last six months and to whom. At least in the Obama hoarding spree, we occasionally saw a bullet or a primer for sale. Now there is and has been nothing. I'd say give the pistol shooters a rest and start supplying reloading components (hunting seasons are all but over). with rationing limits on purchases.

I've had to stop shooting in club matches due to lack of primers. I did theoretically find some Varget a few weeks ago but have yet to see it. Barak Obama was famous for his philosophy that you don't have to legislate the demise of the 2nd Amendment. You just have to eliminate ammunition supply and people's firearms will be useless.

We are rapidly approaching the stage of useless firearms in America.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                      I'm not buying it. I'd like to know to whom it is shipped. I have been searching for primers and powder almost daily at dozens of top web sites since September. I have found no primers for sale anywhere since that time. I have received notifications of inventory arrivals at midway a time or two but by the time I can log in, they are "out of stock". The word is that store shelves at all stores in Atlanta have been bare since before Thanksgiving. If someone has made the decision to supply pistol shooters only, I'd like to hear who made that decision. Why aren't primers distributed evenly to pistol, rifle, shotgun and black powder markets?

Supposedly, record levels of hunting ammo is being made but I would like to know just who sold it in the last six months and to whom. At least in the Obama hoarding spree, we occasionally saw a bullet or a primer for sale. Now there is and has been nothing. I'd say give the pistol shooters a rest and start supplying reloading components (hunting seasons are all but over). with rationing limits on purchases.

I've had to stop shooting in club matches due to lack of primers. I did theoretically find some Varget a few weeks ago but have yet to see it. Barak Obama was famous for his philosophy that you don't have to legislate the demise of the 2nd Amendment. You just have to eliminate ammunition supply and people's firearms will be useless.

We are rapidly approaching the stage of useless firearms in America.
                      There is a video of Federal President and he said they are going full out 24/7. Showed us in a tour of the Minn Plant. Several reasons for hard to find - 7 million new guns last year. All Manuf. are seeing the same big demand increase and they get their primer orders filled by Federal first.
                      Remington not fully on line yet after move.

Comment

I saw both his videos. If they are producing primers at record volume, SOMEBODY still has to be selling that ammo. And you would think that there would still be enough for a reloader once in a while. You can't buy it anywhere. If Manufacturers are selling it at the highest rate in history, I should be able to buy something within 6 months of searching. I know he says all primers are going into ammo. I may have to buy ammo and punch the primers out for my reloading.

Comment

DakotaMan- Just a question for my general fund of knowledge. Would it not be easier to pull the bullets, dump the powder and reload never fired brass? Or do you want your brass formed to a specific chamber? Or is the pull, dump and recharge, reseat, not precise enough for your application. Seeking information!
                          crm

Comment

DakotaMan- Just a question for my general fund of knowledge. Would it not be easier to pull the bullets, dump the powder and reload never fired brass? Or do you want your brass formed to a specific chamber? Or is the pull, dump and recharge, reseat, not precise enough for your application. Seeking information!
                            crm
                            '06,
                            I've used the RCBS bullet puller that uses the collets that grip the bullet.
                            ....but I don't gave one...now!
                            All I have now is the kinetic, hammer style.
                            Scares the ever loving crap out of me every time I use it! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                              I saw both his videos. If they are producing primers at record volume, SOMEBODY still has to be selling that ammo. And you would think that there would still be enough for a reloader once in a while. You can't buy it anywhere. If Manufacturers are selling it at the highest rate in history, I should be able to buy something within 6 months of searching. I know he says all primers are going into ammo. I may have to buy ammo and punch the primers out for my reloading.
                              My understanding is that they're making so much ammo that virtually all primers being made currently, are going to factory ammunition. Reloaders are second in line and there's almost nothing left over at the moment. Like all shortages, it ends when people calm down and stop reflexively buying up everything they find because they're worried they won't see it again.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad