Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    I'll let our readers be the judge of that.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    A nationwide exodus has reportedly begun to take shape within the Republican Party following the deadly pro-Trump attacks on the US Capitol, with tens of thousands of GOP members officially switching parties after the riots.

https://news.yahoo.com/tens-thousand...155152002.html

Just look at the damage this guy has done to our country.
    Yes there are some really stupid rush to judgement Republicans just like their stupid ridiculous Democrats who waste time by impeachment proceedings . I think for me I will let this play out to the facts! You must be the other guy ! 99 Damn your dumb !

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    A nationwide exodus has reportedly begun to take shape within the Republican Party following the deadly pro-Trump attacks on the US Capitol, with tens of thousands of GOP members officially switching parties after the riots.

https://news.yahoo.com/tens-thousand...155152002.html

Just look at the damage this guy has done to our country.
    Last edited by 99explorer; 01-29-2021, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    What can be said for you 99 , you crave rejection and go around creating it for yourself ! Lol hey at least your not Joe Biden , the man who would be King !

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    It kind of makes one wish that the bandicoot was temporary instead of a constant reminder of idiocy !

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    Another example of spin by omission is the report that terminating the Keystone XL pipeline would result in the loss of 11,000 good-paying jobs, without mentioning the fact that they are temporary construction jobs. Only 35 to 50 permanent jobs would be lost.
    Thats the spin that they are temporary jobs, they are paying jobs now and they pay well. When this project is finished there there will be others , spin off jobs and resumes ! That is construction. Stop a project and many things fall apart , it’s much different than completing a project and the company you work for is starting another . 99 every job is temporary !

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Another example of spin by omission is the report that terminating the Keystone XL pipeline would result in the loss of 11,000 good-paying jobs, without mentioning the fact that they are temporary construction jobs. Only 35 to 50 permanent jobs would be lost.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    And just adding to the fun -- or what really makes the whole thing more disgusting -- is that even with the relatively unbiased news sources out there, individual news companies can pick and choose which ones they want to use off the wire, i.e. still use them to push their own agenda. The articles themselves may be unbiased, but it's up to individual editors which stories they choose for their own paper. More of us should probably do what Rock Rat's talking about and go straight to the wire sources themselves instead of the news companies that use them.

An anti-gun editor, for example, can simply keep his national-news page stocked with wire reports of gun crimes, when there are hundreds if not thousands of other equally pressing topics covered in the national wire stories each day. On the other side: An anti-abortion minded editor can print the AP wire story about the pro-choice rally that got violent, and totally ignore the wire story about the fifty other pro-choice rallies that stayed peaceful. Unbiased articles, each, but still useful to push an agenda when most of your readers don't realize how the news industry works.

On the other hand, with all this, and re: Rock's mention of China: That's something else I wish more Americans thought about. When you get right down to brass tacks, we should be thankful every day that our news industry has the right to annoy us, divide us, and try to meddle with our perceptions.
    Last edited by MattM37; 01-29-2021, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Biden is signing a EO to expand main-in voting.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    RR, you need to read my post again and better comprehend the wordage ! I was not referring to the person receiving the news, I was referring to those giving the news, or in fact their opinion on their slant of what they consider news ! It is up to the reporter to omit the/their opinion and to present unbiased information.......!

And if we wish to carry this point a little further, Pmacc has brought up sound points in regards to news/opinions. There has not been one issue in the news regarding the EO’s signed by the present goofy in office. He has made some very questionable ones concerning immigration, women’s rights, china.......has there been any comment on these, or all to be accepted as great. Shouldn’t there be some questions asked, some insight ? But, no......it is better to continue beating Trump, then no questions need to be asked about the EO’s, or the ability of goofy. There will never be anything in question about this administration from opinions of our present news sources !
    Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 01-29-2021, 10:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    Opinions rr, are like a liver, everyone has one ! It is impossible to find a person who does not believe one way or another. Even journalists, and this will dictate their views, no matter how slight. No one can go through life without forming likes or dislikes, or be without showing where they stand in some manner. These views will always be projected to the reader or listener of any news report. The more influential the reporter is, and depending on his/her theme, the easier it is for people to agree with that reporter’s slant, or opinion,,,,,,,the one that is not supposed to be there.
    It's true everyone has an opinion. What is also true is that one can try to sublimate one's opinion to look at a thing as dispassionately as possible. If one only has half the facts on a matter it's very difficult to form an opinion. Take a look at police shootings as a for instance. News sources and political advocates blow them up when it's a white cop and a black person getting shot. First they paint it as racism, then advocacy groups stress aspects of the situation to fit their agenda, and the media runs with the sensationalism. By the time a grand jury hears evidence and the attorney general of the US investigates most everyone has already decided what is what. Eric Holder the black AJ of the US found the Ferguson shooting to be justified and the policeman acted in self defence, yet unless you looked at wiki you'd never know. Or unless you were following things very closely.

CNN and Fox are not good news sources, they're biased. Wether you use one you agree with or not you are getting a slant on the news. Both TV networks score mid range on reliability and half way over on bias meaning one slants left, the other right. Both the AP and Reuters are top of the charts on reliability and almost dead center on bias meaning neither left nor right.

​​​​​​https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

You're welcome to read media which confirms your on prejudices, but it's a piss poor way to become informed. It's exactly that type of thing which leads Republicans to believe the election was rigged, when they should be moving on to winning back the house, senate, and presidency.

Edit,,, I missed one UPI https://www.upi.com/
    Of all the wire services this one comes closest to a perfect score. I haven't looked for the AFP, froggies can do their own thing.
    Last edited by rock rat; 01-29-2021, 09:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    I started this post by calling out Amazon for claiming fraud possibilities through mail in voting. In the past week it has became obvious that this is a narrative controlled by the Democrats, cancel culture, HR 1 , Executive order, social media Censorship, changing the rules so then agenda can Continue. When you laugh in the face of any person who thinks the election was compromised, when you dismiss any allegations and can’t even get them in front of the court there is a problem. Impeachment after the president has left office, with no constitutional grounds to continue! We have courts or we can present evidence and convict Donald Trump if he did anything wrong that day. Nancy Pelosi and the powers that be in the swamp don’t want that to happen! We all know why the dog and pony show and they control the narrative and as long as we are paying attention to Donald Trump we’re not watching the Shell game going on in Washington.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Originally posted by rock rat View Post

That's a great comment. I wanted to reply to it so it saw the air again. My first time in China I wasn't prepared for the total lack of news except propaganda. There was one English language daily, and I learned to read between the lines. (and the next time I went I brought a short wave) Lately I've found two good sources where I really don't have to do much side eye type reading. The wire services. I like reading them because I don't feel like smashing my computer monitor when reading.

​​​​​​https://www.reuters.com/

and

​​​​​​https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-news

They do the who what when where and sometimes why part, and they have editors to keep out opinions.
    Rock Rat when you search that hard for the truth you are missing the forest for the trees. One need not look any farther than the conversation going on in congress , the Biden Executive orders and news outlets CNN and the Washington post ! Last night on CNN the whole conversation was about Republicans taking to task Republicans and how the party is self destructing . Not anything about concerns about the flood of EO’s , nothing about AOC making outrages accusations about Republican congressman , nothing about Hunter Biden still owning 10% of a Chinese company , nothing about John Kerry flying around in a private jet and calling for a new green society , nothing about Antifa but Trump supporters attacking the Capital and we know now that this was planned for weeks or longer and many were not Trump supporters and 99+% of Trump supporters went home peacefully!

so much more but no truth , twisted opinions and a verbal shell game to keep the public mind off the real issues . Here is the difference o see between Fox and CNN , fox will show proof to their opinions such and printed items or news clips .CNN just attacks and never ask a question ! I have never felt such gloom . In the past you could always hear the other sides opinion now you only hear one side because the name Trump sends a chill of hate and censorship to the point of a new McCarthyism !

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Opinions rr, are like a liver, everyone has one ! It is impossible to find a person who does not believe one way or another. Even journalists, and this will dictate their views, no matter how slight. No one can go through life without forming likes or dislikes, or be without showing where they stand in some manner. These views will always be projected to the reader or listener of any news report. The more influential the reporter is, and depending on his/her theme, the easier it is for people to agree with that reporter’s slant, or opinion,,,,,,,the one that is not supposed to be there.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad