Amazon comes out against mail in voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

I’m not a Republican nor Democrat , people who know me refer to me as a Constitutionalist . Dick Chaney is a solid member of the swamp ! ( I hate using a cliche ) I took the time to read through several and there is the problem of facts don’t have a slant either one way or the other. I’m going to refrain from name calling and listen to what is being said ! I will check out through different sources to see what is the whole story and react from there . I will tell you I’m scared of this administration and the House , I see no credibility in any of them and I really am starting to believe the Supreme Court is next to be changed forever! Then this country is really done for !
    Biden administration just today started a commission on reforming(packing)
    SCOTUS

This is why the communists always win, if they can't win they change the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
      Another way of slanting, too, is simply choosing what to report and what to ignore -- and where exactly to put it in your story. Facts that detract from your agenda go near the bottom, as far down there as you can get them. And in the old days, at least, where you put an article in the paper made a big difference. Doesn't fit your agenda? Bury it on page 9, down in the corner. You're still reporting it, right? Sure, and nobody can say you didn't.

Those simple things are surprisingly effective at shaping perceptions and opinions over time. Newsies have done it since the beginning.

Being generally moderate, I still have more respect for somewhat conservative news outlets, simply because I often hear conservatives openly talk about their conservatism -- whereas I have frequently heard leftie journalists declare that "we are merely reporting the news!", obviously relying on the fact that relatively few news-readers are familiar with all the ways of slanting the presentation of facts. Conservatives do it, too, of course -- but I do think the liberals do a lot more pretending that there's no political agenda behind their reporting.
      Very well stated Matt , so well I don’t think it could be said better or more clearly. You summed up what many of us feel! I feel that way exactly . Nice Job !

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	106FDBB6-960D-40B4-A87D-15930834BE5D.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	766702
        Very profound , spot for this time in our country!

Comment

Another thing many people aren't noticing right now: Slant and perception-shaping is much easier with online news. Buy a copy of a print newspaper that's typical of mainstream media, a little bit left of moderate, and then check out their website. With the Syracuse Post-Standard and syracuse.com, for example, the exact same stories are posted online with much more inflammatory or divisive headlines than they have in the print copy. That says a lot.

Also, with the unlimited space online, they've got more room for fear-mongering or division-sowing type articles. Ever notice how much of the "news" is actually just stories on what "could" or "might" happen? And you see them a lot more online than in print. Nothing wrong with warning people of things we might need to know ahead of time ... but no. Other than weather forecasts, those "could" and "might" stories are mainly just platforms to shape opinion. (I notice they're showing up more and more on TV news, too.)

Of course, there is also a simple business aspect to that difference between print and online: They need to sell those printed copies, so they make them more appealing to a greater number of people, i.e. make them a little more politically "middle of the road."

(Yeah, this is one of those subjects where it's maybe not a good idea to yank my chain .... Here comes Admin. now with a 25-word limit on my comments!)

Last edited by MattM37; 01-28-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
            Has anyone actually seen any evidence that any of china joe bite-me's EOs have physically taken effect? Anybody live close enough or have a source that can verify that construction on either the wall, or the pipeline, has actually been halted? Just curious to know, how long from the time it is put out by either the White House, or the press, until an EO is truly in effect?
            I know that his immigration EO has been taken to court by Ken Paxton, AG of Texas, and I think Texas got a stay on that one. Curious about the others.
            '06, you asked this question and I think you deserve to be answered.
            Well, at least better than what I wrote.
            Here is an answer in "Trumps" (pardon the pun, or not!)

Biden signed the EO on Tuesday.
            That Friday, laid off workers were packing up and going home unemployed.

The (d)'s don't seem to understand, a skilled, 45 year old pipefitter gets laid off.
            If he gets another union job as an IT tech, he doesn't step back into the top end pipefitter wage.
            He sticks his foot in the door as a bottom of the barrel apprentice with the guys that just graduated high school.
            If, that's "IF" he can prove himself knowledgeable enough in the IT field, he may be able to skip several steps .
            But along the way, he's still making mortgage and vehicle payments

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2...tigieg-n316699

Comment

Another thing many people aren't noticing right now: Slant and perception-shaping is much easier with online news. Buy a copy of a print newspaper that's typical of mainstream media, a little bit left of moderate, and then check out their website. With the Syracuse Post-Standard and syracuse.com, for example, the exact same stories are posted online with much more inflammatory or divisive headlines than they have in the print copy. That says a lot.

Also, with the unlimited space online, they've got more room for fear-mongering or division-sowing type articles. Ever notice how much of the "news" is actually just stories on what "could" or "might" happen? And you see them a lot more online than in print. Nothing wrong with warning people of things we might need to know ahead of time ... but no. Other than weather forecasts, those "could" and "might" stories are mainly just platforms to shape opinion. (I notice they're showing up more and more on TV news, too.)

Of course, there is also a simple business aspect to that difference between print and online: They need to sell those printed copies, so they make them more appealing to a greater number of people, i.e. make them a little more politically "middle of the road."

(Yeah, this is one of those subjects where it's maybe not a good idea to yank my chain .... Here comes Admin. now with a 25-word limit on my comments!)

I have a trial subscription to Epoch Times and get a lot of collaborating information from Fox News and then Tucker Carlson for ideas of the big picture. Rush always seems plugged into what is going on in Washington.

Comment

From #1 Bubba: "The (d)'s don't seem to understand, a skilled, 45 year old pipefitter gets laid off.
                If he gets another union job as an IT tech, he doesn't step back into the top end pipefitter wage.
                He sticks his foot in the door as a bottom of the barrel apprentice with the guys that just graduated high school.
                If, that's "IF" he can prove himself knowledgeable enough in the IT field, he may be able to skip several steps .
                But along the way, he's still making mortgage and vehicle payments.

All very true, bubba, and also, very tragic. A skilled, 45 year old pipefitter is a master of his craft. Getting another union job as an IT tech is a stretch, as most IT techs either work for the company that utilizes enough computer services to justify a tech, or work for a specialty company that contracts IT services for small to mid-sized companies, or, they are independent contractors with a string of small clients that they service. Not a lot of UNION IT jobs floating around out there.
                Now, that skilled, 45 year old pipefitter needs at least rudimentary IT skills to even submit a resume or put necessary information on a job application. He has not got that. Most pipefitters I know, which are many, have the skills to turn on a cell phone, and play with it all day, games, texts, fantasy football, and chit chatting with their wives of girlfriends. Not a real solid base for a secondary career in IT. This also applies to most carpenters, boilermakers, welders, heavy equipment operators, millwrights, and even office personnel.
                Also, this does not just apply to a career change to IT. There are many, many fields in the technological and specialty types of employment that do not lend themselves well to a transition from the skilled manual labor trades.
                The demoncrats blythe assurances that tens of thousands of skilled workers, put out of jobs by the demolishing of the petrochemical industries, can just go and find another job, are as empty as any other politician's promises.
                Unemployment is going to be on a rapid rise due to demoncratic policies, and china joe's executive orders.

Comment

That's a great comment. I wanted to reply to it so it saw the air again. My first time in China I wasn't prepared for the total lack of news except propaganda. There was one English language daily, and I learned to read between the lines. (and the next time I went I brought a short wave) Lately I've found two good sources where I really don't have to do much side eye type reading. The wire services. I like reading them because I don't feel like smashing my computer monitor when reading.

​​​​​​https://www.reuters.com/

and

​​​​​​https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-news

They do the who what when where and sometimes why part, and they have editors to keep out opinions.

Comment

Opinions rr, are like a liver, everyone has one ! It is impossible to find a person who does not believe one way or another. Even journalists, and this will dictate their views, no matter how slight. No one can go through life without forming likes or dislikes, or be without showing where they stand in some manner. These views will always be projected to the reader or listener of any news report. The more influential the reporter is, and depending on his/her theme, the easier it is for people to agree with that reporter’s slant, or opinion,,,,,,,the one that is not supposed to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      Pmacc, Remember Rat is a master of Circular Logic.
                      Circular (Latin: circulus in probando, "circle in proving"; also known as circular logic) is a logical fallacy in which the reasoner begins with what they are trying to end with. The components of a circular argument are often logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true. Circular reasoning is not a formal logical fallacy but a pragmatic defect in an argument whereby the premises are just as much in need of proof or evidence as the conclusion, and as a consequence the argument fails to persuade. Other ways to express this are that there is no reason to accept the premises unless one already believes the conclusion, or that the premises provide no independent ground or evidence for the conclusion. Begging the question is closely related to circular reasoning, and in modern usage the two generally refer to the same thing. Circular reasoning is often of the form: "A is true because B is true; B is true because A is true." Circularity can be difficult to detect if it involves a longer chain of propositions
                      You could've just called him a lying hack.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

That's a great comment. I wanted to reply to it so it saw the air again. My first time in China I wasn't prepared for the total lack of news except propaganda. There was one English language daily, and I learned to read between the lines. (and the next time I went I brought a short wave) Lately I've found two good sources where I really don't have to do much side eye type reading. The wire services. I like reading them because I don't feel like smashing my computer monitor when reading.

​​​​​​https://www.reuters.com/

and

​​​​​​https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-news

They do the who what when where and sometimes why part, and they have editors to keep out opinions.
                        Rock Rat when you search that hard for the truth you are missing the forest for the trees. One need not look any farther than the conversation going on in congress , the Biden Executive orders and news outlets CNN and the Washington post ! Last night on CNN the whole conversation was about Republicans taking to task Republicans and how the party is self destructing . Not anything about concerns about the flood of EO’s , nothing about AOC making outrages accusations about Republican congressman , nothing about Hunter Biden still owning 10% of a Chinese company , nothing about John Kerry flying around in a private jet and calling for a new green society , nothing about Antifa but Trump supporters attacking the Capital and we know now that this was planned for weeks or longer and many were not Trump supporters and 99+% of Trump supporters went home peacefully!

so much more but no truth , twisted opinions and a verbal shell game to keep the public mind off the real issues . Here is the difference o see between Fox and CNN , fox will show proof to their opinions such and printed items or news clips .CNN just attacks and never ask a question ! I have never felt such gloom . In the past you could always hear the other sides opinion now you only hear one side because the name Trump sends a chill of hate and censorship to the point of a new McCarthyism !

Comment

I started this post by calling out Amazon for claiming fraud possibilities through mail in voting. In the past week it has became obvious that this is a narrative controlled by the Democrats, cancel culture, HR 1 , Executive order, social media Censorship, changing the rules so then agenda can Continue. When you laugh in the face of any person who thinks the election was compromised, when you dismiss any allegations and can’t even get them in front of the court there is a problem. Impeachment after the president has left office, with no constitutional grounds to continue! We have courts or we can present evidence and convict Donald Trump if he did anything wrong that day. Nancy Pelosi and the powers that be in the swamp don’t want that to happen! We all know why the dog and pony show and they control the narrative and as long as we are paying attention to Donald Trump we’re not watching the Shell game going on in Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                            Opinions rr, are like a liver, everyone has one ! It is impossible to find a person who does not believe one way or another. Even journalists, and this will dictate their views, no matter how slight. No one can go through life without forming likes or dislikes, or be without showing where they stand in some manner. These views will always be projected to the reader or listener of any news report. The more influential the reporter is, and depending on his/her theme, the easier it is for people to agree with that reporter’s slant, or opinion,,,,,,,the one that is not supposed to be there.
                            It's true everyone has an opinion. What is also true is that one can try to sublimate one's opinion to look at a thing as dispassionately as possible. If one only has half the facts on a matter it's very difficult to form an opinion. Take a look at police shootings as a for instance. News sources and political advocates blow them up when it's a white cop and a black person getting shot. First they paint it as racism, then advocacy groups stress aspects of the situation to fit their agenda, and the media runs with the sensationalism. By the time a grand jury hears evidence and the attorney general of the US investigates most everyone has already decided what is what. Eric Holder the black AJ of the US found the Ferguson shooting to be justified and the policeman acted in self defence, yet unless you looked at wiki you'd never know. Or unless you were following things very closely.

CNN and Fox are not good news sources, they're biased. Wether you use one you agree with or not you are getting a slant on the news. Both TV networks score mid range on reliability and half way over on bias meaning one slants left, the other right. Both the AP and Reuters are top of the charts on reliability and almost dead center on bias meaning neither left nor right.

​​​​​​https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

You're welcome to read media which confirms your on prejudices, but it's a piss poor way to become informed. It's exactly that type of thing which leads Republicans to believe the election was rigged, when they should be moving on to winning back the house, senate, and presidency.

Edit,,, I missed one UPI https://www.upi.com/
                            Of all the wire services this one comes closest to a perfect score. I haven't looked for the AFP, froggies can do their own thing.
                            Last edited by rock rat; 01-29-2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

RR, you need to read my post again and better comprehend the wordage ! I was not referring to the person receiving the news, I was referring to those giving the news, or in fact their opinion on their slant of what they consider news ! It is up to the reporter to omit the/their opinion and to present unbiased information.......!

And if we wish to carry this point a little further, Pmacc has brought up sound points in regards to news/opinions. There has not been one issue in the news regarding the EO’s signed by the present goofy in office. He has made some very questionable ones concerning immigration, women’s rights, china.......has there been any comment on these, or all to be accepted as great. Shouldn’t there be some questions asked, some insight ? But, no......it is better to continue beating Trump, then no questions need to be asked about the EO’s, or the ability of goofy. There will never be anything in question about this administration from opinions of our present news sources !
                              Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 01-29-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Biden is signing a EO to expand main-in voting.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Nuclear Codes
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  And he can actually screw up a great country with his ignorance, and this of course being backed up with a D’s agenda ! How long before the stealers...
                                  Today, 05:58 PM
                                • Nuclear Codes
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Is it true, Harris the call girl, is trying to get the nuclear codes away from Biden ?
                                  She probably wants to bomb Syria like Hillary wanted to do....
                                  Today, 02:46 PM
                                • Reply to Deer belly hair
                                  by Solitario Lupo
                                  The three with the beads at the end are actually jig flies. Just got into tying them. They work great for a lot of species including crappie. I add weight...
                                  Today, 05:43 PM
                                • Deer belly hair
                                  by Solitario Lupo
                                  Looking for some big patches of white belly hair from a deer. If anyone got any they would like to get rid of....
                                  Yesterday, 04:07 PM
                                • Reply to Nuclear Codes
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  If "Sleepy, Creepy" Joe can't be trusted with the nuclear football, he needs to go.

'06, I'm not sure I'd even trust Bite-me with...
                                  Today, 05:16 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X