No announcement yet.

Amazon comes out against mail in voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James O'Keefe interviewed some nut case who made all kinds of claims,,,, and this means what?

Some lady at state hospital sent in a bunch of bogus applications, not ballots. Anyone can send in a bogus application or interview nutters for a video.

What are your sources?

Why don't you guys help your wives with the laundry or tidy up around the house or something useful.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
      James O'Keefe interviewed some nut case who made all kinds of claims,,,, and this means what?

Some lady at state hospital sent in a bunch of bogus applications, not ballots. Anyone can send in a bogus application or interview nutters for a video.

What are your sources?

Why don't you guys help your wives with the laundry or tidy up around the house or something useful.
      “As my friends not Democrats and Republicans both would say , you got to get the votes . You can’t govern by Executive order , that’s the difference in a president and dictator “ Joe Biden 2019’

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo
        You fact check these commies all day long and they just spew left wing talking points.
        Says someone who links to some Daily Caller article.

A fact check is to an unbiased source, like

https://www.factcheck.org/

https://www.snopes.com/

https://www.politifact.com/

here on the legitimacy of the election
        ​​​​​​https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...y-claims-joe-/

covid death toll
        ​​​​​​https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/so...19-death-toll/

Loch Ness Monster
        ​​​​​​https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lo...nster-carcass/

Comment

From Danbo: https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/25/v...illegal-court/

"This is the Virginia case."

Well, ain't that just somthin' else? The election over, china joe bite-me illegally and fraudulently inaugurated as the President, and now the court rules that late ballots are illegal? With court action like this, we might as well not have either a three tiered justice system, or a system of checks and balances. The courts of this land are now in total disgrace, starting with SCOTUS, and all the way down to the JP kangaroo speeding tickets courts.

Comment

Says someone who links to some Daily Caller article.

A fact check is to an unbiased source, like

https://www.factcheck.org/

https://www.snopes.com/

https://www.politifact.com/

here on the legitimacy of the election
            ​​​​​​https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...y-claims-joe-/

covid death toll
            ​​​​​​https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/so...19-death-toll/

Loch Ness Monster
            ​​​​​​https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lo...nster-carcass/
            Rock Rat I just look at all your sources on several issues in the press and on the mind of national conscience . I have yet to find any that aren’t bias to the liberal agenda. I ask all of the members to check out the answers given by these sources as well. Ok so this means one of two things to me. The liberals are always telling it like it is or these sources are no better than any other liberal source. I leave it your own opinion because unlike this Rock Rat I believe in everyone right to ask questions instead of being mindless sheep! Take some time and Visit different subjects on these sites. Resist the urge to just scratch the service issues and it becomes apparent that narrative is liberal.

Comment

I am just waiting for the next brick to fall from our national security foundation with loser biden at the helm ! With his kiss a$$ approach to other countries, and most of all to a direct enemy of America, china, how much security can we expect when our president’s son is tied in with a country that is hell bent to become a sole world power ? And then to have our president rescind an order that forbids the commies from having any financial ties to our electrical grid ! Is there any more ignorant action than that, and yet we as citizens are expected to have trust in this idiot........thanks dimwit voters, you sure know how to display your worthlessness !

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
                Rock Rat I just look at all your sources on several issues in the press and on the mind of national conscience . I have yet to find any that aren’t bias to the liberal agenda. I ask all of the members to check out the answers given by these sources as well. Ok so this means one of two things to me. The liberals are always telling it like it is or these sources are no better than any other liberal source. I leave it your own opinion because unlike this Rock Rat I believe in everyone right to ask questions instead of being mindless sheep! Take some time and Visit different subjects on these sites. Resist the urge to just scratch the service issues and it becomes apparent that narrative is liberal.
                pmacc you are correct in that liberals often are using a factual basis for most of their schtick. Where they stray is on presenting it in a very biased manner. CNN or Yahoo or the NYT, don't for the most part deal in untruths, they simply use vocabulary and perspective that is slanted. Fox is famous for being actual untruth tellers though lately they've been trying to improve their reputation. For a long time Fox took it's direction straight from Karl Rove's daily memos.

I first heard of Fact Check via Dick Cheney, he used it as a source in argument. They are the best things we have for culling out facts from fiction. Always happy to hear of an alternative source, but alternative factual source does not mean an apposing view, it means factual information. For background I often turn to wiki as do many. From the perspective of a year later a lot more is often known.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                  I am just waiting for the next brick to fall from our national security foundation with loser biden at the helm ! With his kiss a$$ approach to other countries, and most of all to a direct enemy of America, china, how much security can we expect when our president’s son is tied in with a country that is hell bent to become a sole world power ? And then to have our president rescind an order that forbids the commies from having any financial ties to our electrical grid ! Is there any more ignorant action than that, and yet we as citizens are expected to have trust in this idiot........thanks dimwit voters, you sure know how to display your worthlessness !
                  China is soon to be the world's largest economy. International companies have relocated there to manufacture for export mostly. The companies suck money out of US pockets. Our electric grid is simply one more source of revenue. Both Biden and Harris work for our corporations, those are the folks that put them in power.

If that's not bad enough this week a score of fortune 500 companies pledged to withhold all campaign contributions to those representatives who did not vote to approve Biden's electoral college vote. It was petty vindictive and untrue grandstanding, sure, but corporations can make or break a politician, and withholding or financing is a very strong incentive. Maybe money in politics isn't such a great idea.

Comment

pmacc you are correct in that liberals often are using a factual basis for most of their schtick. Where they stray is on presenting it in a very biased manner. CNN or Yahoo or the NYT, don't for the most part deal in untruths, they simply use vocabulary and perspective that is slanted. Fox is famous for being actual untruth tellers though lately they've been trying to improve their reputation. For a long time Fox took it's direction straight from Karl Rove's daily memos.

I first heard of Fact Check via Dick Cheney, he used it as a source in argument. They are the best things we have for culling out facts from fiction. Always happy to hear of an alternative source, but alternative factual source does not mean an apposing view, it means factual information. For background I often turn to wiki as do many. From the perspective of a year later a lot more is often known.
                    I’m not a Republican nor Democrat , people who know me refer to me as a Constitutionalist . Dick Chaney is a solid member of the swamp ! ( I hate using a cliche ) I took the time to read through several and there is the problem of facts don’t have a slant either one way or the other. I’m going to refrain from name calling and listen to what is being said ! I will check out through different sources to see what is the whole story and react from there . I will tell you I’m scared of this administration and the House , I see no credibility in any of them and I really am starting to believe the Supreme Court is next to be changed forever! Then this country is really done for !

Comment

Another way of slanting, too, is simply choosing what to report and what to ignore -- and where exactly to put it in your story. Facts that detract from your agenda go near the bottom, as far down there as you can get them. And in the old days, at least, where you put an article in the paper made a big difference. Doesn't fit your agenda? Bury it on page 9, down in the corner. You're still reporting it, right? Sure, and nobody can say you didn't.

Those simple things are surprisingly effective at shaping perceptions and opinions over time. Newsies have done it since the beginning.

Being generally moderate, I still have more respect for somewhat conservative news outlets, simply because I often hear conservatives openly talk about their conservatism -- whereas I have frequently heard leftie journalists declare that "we are merely reporting the news!", obviously relying on the fact that relatively few news-readers are familiar with all the ways of slanting the presentation of facts. Conservatives do it, too, of course -- but I do think the liberals do a lot more pretending that there's no political agenda behind their reporting.
                      Last edited by MattM37; 01-27-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	106FDBB6-960D-40B4-A87D-15930834BE5D.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	766702

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                          Another way of slanting, too, is simply choosing what to report and what to ignore -- and where exactly to put it in your story. Facts that detract from your agenda go near the bottom, as far down there as you can get them. And in the old days, at least, where you put an article in the paper made a big difference. Doesn't fit your agenda? Bury it on page 9, down in the corner. You're still reporting it, right? Sure, and nobody can say you didn't.

Those simple things are surprisingly effective at shaping perceptions and opinions over time. Newsies have done it since the beginning.

Being generally moderate, I still have more respect for somewhat conservative news outlets, simply because I often hear conservatives openly talk about their conservatism -- whereas I have frequently heard leftie journalists declare that "we are merely reporting the news!", obviously relying on the fact that relatively few news-readers are familiar with all the ways of slanting the presentation of facts. Conservatives do it, too, of course -- but I do think the liberals do a lot more pretending that there's no political agenda behind their reporting.
                          Very well stated Matt , so well I don’t think it could be said better or more clearly. You summed up what many of us feel! I feel that way exactly . Nice Job !

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	106FDBB6-960D-40B4-A87D-15930834BE5D.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	766702
                            Very profound , spot for this time in our country!

Comment

Another thing many people aren't noticing right now: Slant and perception-shaping is much easier with online news. Buy a copy of a print newspaper that's typical of mainstream media, a little bit left of moderate, and then check out their website. With the Syracuse Post-Standard and syracuse.com, for example, the exact same stories are posted online with much more inflammatory or divisive headlines than they have in the print copy. That says a lot.

Also, with the unlimited space online, they've got more room for fear-mongering or division-sowing type articles. Ever notice how much of the "news" is actually just stories on what "could" or "might" happen? And you see them a lot more online than in print. Nothing wrong with warning people of things we might need to know ahead of time ... but no. Other than weather forecasts, those "could" and "might" stories are mainly just platforms to shape opinion. (I notice they're showing up more and more on TV news, too.)

Of course, there is also a simple business aspect to that difference between print and online: They need to sell those printed copies, so they make them more appealing to a greater number of people, i.e. make them a little more politically "middle of the road."

(Yeah, this is one of those subjects where it's maybe not a good idea to yank my chain .... Here comes Admin. now with a 25-word limit on my comments!)

Last edited by MattM37; 01-28-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                                Has anyone actually seen any evidence that any of china joe bite-me's EOs have physically taken effect? Anybody live close enough or have a source that can verify that construction on either the wall, or the pipeline, has actually been halted? Just curious to know, how long from the time it is put out by either the White House, or the press, until an EO is truly in effect?
                                I know that his immigration EO has been taken to court by Ken Paxton, AG of Texas, and I think Texas got a stay on that one. Curious about the others.
                                '06, you asked this question and I think you deserve to be answered.
                                Well, at least better than what I wrote.
                                Here is an answer in "Trumps" (pardon the pun, or not!)

Biden signed the EO on Tuesday.
                                That Friday, laid off workers were packing up and going home unemployed.

The (d)'s don't seem to understand, a skilled, 45 year old pipefitter gets laid off.
                                If he gets another union job as an IT tech, he doesn't step back into the top end pipefitter wage.
                                He sticks his foot in the door as a bottom of the barrel apprentice with the guys that just graduated high school.
                                If, that's "IF" he can prove himself knowledgeable enough in the IT field, he may be able to skip several steps .
                                But along the way, he's still making mortgage and vehicle payments

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2...tigieg-n316699

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Is It True ?
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  Actually EO’s are not laws, as they have not been passed through legislation. It would appear they are not valid concerning private citizens, but only...
                                  Today, 11:49 AM
                                • Is It True ?
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  I heard a violation of a law/regulation developed through Executive Order does not carry jail time. Anybody know if that is true ?...
                                  Today, 10:53 AM
                                • Reply to Dimwits solidifying their base,,,,,,,
                                  by labrador12
                                  Another riot in Portland Oregon last night, Federal building torched. No arrests made. What's that 200+ riots in Portland, attacking Federal property...
                                  Today, 11:33 AM
                                • Dimwits solidifying their base,,,,,,,
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  It is plain to see the hate of the American citizen by the ludicrous actions of the pitiful dimwits ! With many people suffering the economic problems...
                                  Today, 03:43 AM
                                • Reply to Bit-Coins
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Purchases like cars and real estate are using B-C. Tesla E. Musk bought $250million. No paper trail. Every transaction over $10K greenbacks (worthless...
                                  Today, 09:25 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X