McManus quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McManus quiz

1. What was the name of the old Indian whose rifle Pat borrowed for his first deer season?
    2. What important hunting item did Olga Bonemarrow mistake for a bracelet when Pat took her out on a date?
    3. Pat and Retch bought their mountain car, Mrs. Peabody, from a salesman named ......?
    4. Which of Pat's friends was The Man Who Notices Things?
    5. What was The Troll's real name?
    6. In "The Gift," what did Rancid Crabtree give Pat (and the whole family) for Christmas?
    7. Pat caught enough trout to feed rich Cousin Edna in "The Miracle of the Fish Plate," but what tasty treat did The Troll contribute to the meal?
    8. To earn bonus points, a camp cook should serve a bowl of ? with whipped topping for dessert.
    9. "God made ? in case Eternity proved too short."
    10. What's an I-FUT?

Many great memories, and afew misses. Off the top of my head -
    2. Metal deer tag
    5. Patricia
    6. Skies
    7. Wild strawberries
    9. March
    10. Interior frame umbrella tent
    Couldn't think of them all, so somebody else can fill it in. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Thank you for teaching me something, Franchi. I had not known that his sister's name was Patricia -- in one of the stories, their mother calls her Trudy, so I was thinking that was the answer.

Comment

The book "Whatcha Got Stew?" gets gets as close as there might be to an autobiography. Cookbook and a bit of truth that was the real youth.

Comment

I had #9 but that was it. Time to reread I guess. March is close, should give me time.

Comment

4. Fenton Quagmire. Too easy. I'll bow out of this one. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2270.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	796.6 KB
ID:	766390

Comment

Number 1 is Pinto Jack. Ok ok now I quit.😉

Comment

Answers

1. Pinto Jack
                2. Deer tag
                3. Budge Honeylip
                4. Fenton Quagmire
                5. Patricia (not Trudy!)
                6. A set of skis (after Pat thought Rancid's present was going to be taking a bath before coming to Crimmas dinner!)
                7. Wild strawberries
                8. Tums
                9. March
                10. Interior Frame Umbrella Tent

Thanks for playing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad