Bill Heavey stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Heavey stories

There are two stories from Heavey's early days in FS that I really liked, and I cannot find either one in my stacks of old issues or on Google books.

Does anyone remember a story about his first full day of deer-hunting? I recall that he mentioned sitting in one spot all day long, peeing in a bottle, etc. The second is a story about a roadside diner / tackle shop down south, something about fishing for catfish. If you happen to remember a title, or maybe even what year they appeared in FS, I'd appreciate it! And, if anyone does happen to find one or both online and want to post a link in your reply, many thanks!

Another one I liked, and actually have found, is that one where he goes camping with girlfriend and her daughter, and ends up melting down some Slim Jims for cooking grease.

I kinda remember those story lines but he had so many. I don't keep magazines, I have adhesive address labels with the gun club web site on them that I stick over my address. I leave the magazines all over the place, Dr.'s office, etc.

Comment

Matt, I have one of his books packed away and my BiL had another. I’ll check over the weekend and see what turns up.

Edit to follow up;

Not seeing anything in "You're Not Lost if You Can Still See the Truck"

Just spent an hour reading some of his stuff on Google Books samples. Got a bit side tracked looking.

Oh well.
      Last edited by fitch270; 01-16-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        Matt, I have one of his books packed away and my BiL had another. I’ll check over the weekend and see what turns up.

Edit to follow up;

Not seeing anything in "You're Not Lost if You Can Still See the Truck"

Just spent an hour reading some of his stuff on Google Books samples. Got a bit side tracked looking.

Oh well.
        Thanks for checking, Fitch.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Nuclear Codes
          by FirstBubba
          If "Sleepy, Creepy" Joe can't be trusted with the nuclear football, he needs to go.

'06, I'm not sure I'd even trust Bite-me with...
          Today, 05:16 PM
        • Nuclear Codes
          by jhjimbo
          Is it true, Harris the call girl, is trying to get the nuclear codes away from Biden ?
          She probably wants to bomb Syria like Hillary wanted to do....
          Today, 02:46 PM
        • Reply to Reloading Components
          by FirstBubba
          "... Sm and Lg primers $9/100. 100 limit per visit. ..."

I'd be running in and out of that store like my pants were on fire........
          Today, 05:02 PM
        • Reloading Components
          by jhjimbo
          A friend just got some components at a local gun shop and here are the prices. This is in N. Ohio
          Sm and Lg primers $9/100. 100 limit per visit....
          Today, 03:30 PM
        • Reply to Deer belly hair
          by FirstBubba
          I like those lone wolf!

About 1.25" long in yellow or silvery grey with a small black streak down each side would be awesome crappie...
          Today, 04:58 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X