Social Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media

Not so social. Twitter and Facebook are closing down a lot of Conservatives. Google is after Parlor. CNN is after Tucker Carlson because I guess they can't stand the truth. This is serious folks. These big Companies wield too much power and have an agenda.

They just don't want to have their platforms used to encite a riot.

Comment

We need better protections for free speech. I've seen it used against hunters before. The algorithms are that if they get a certain number of electronic complaints they delete until an underpaid very young worker can look. Often the worker goes with their own prejudices, it takes a while to make it's way to management if ever. It's very arbitrary. If it ever makes it's way up to management it's often decided on purely ideological grounds.

This time it's conservatives. Next who?

We already have laws about starting riots.

I have zero problem with people protesting what they believe to be an unfair election. I think they are hilarious, and very misguided, and silly even. But it's very important that they be able to state their beliefs and even hold a huge disruptive rally in DC too.

I don't like the proposed domestic terrorism law either. This is how oligarchs seize and maintain power.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        They just don't want to have their platforms used to encite a riot.
        Censorship is censorship and this is the worst kind because although this is not a 1st amendment question it’s so much worse. Social media is starting to be bigger than the constitution and can shape ideologies the way they want. Louis Farrakhan has a Twitter account as do so many radicals and I’m not against those person having a voice because that’s what being a American means. We have a constitution and a bill of rights , these are lofty goals and we have a hard time living up to them. We need to however call out those who try to destroy the values that made this the greatest country in history. Donald Trump had 74 million people vote for him , if he wanted to start a riot he certainly could if you listen to the press. It isn’t about that at all it’s about the easiest way to take our opinions away is to censor what we say. Let me give you an example .... If this was said on Facebook or Twitter how would it be handled ?

“Citizens who vote at home, at work,at nursing homes, at the workplace or in church are more susceptible to pressure, overt and subtle or to intimidation. Vote buying schemes are far more difficult to detect when citizens vote by mail”

If Donald Trump would have put this on Facebook or Twitter it would have been censored by some disclaimer ! This is not his quote , it belongs to Former President Jimmy Carter ! The press and social media don’t want you or I to know this because they know how easy it is to control the narrative. Everyone has a voice ( everyone ) to try to stop anyone from expressing their opinion is not to be tolerated . 99 on the political front I pretty much disagree with everything you say and the same with OHH because of your Trump hate both you are completely bias to the point you would circumvent the Constitution ! Shame on you both for that but you have the right to post what you want and I do not block you or do I try to silence your opinion. I can’t be hypocritical !

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
          We need better protections for free speech. I've seen it used against hunters before. The algorithms are that if they get a certain number of electronic complaints they delete until an underpaid very young worker can look. Often the worker goes with their own prejudices, it takes a while to make it's way to management if ever. It's very arbitrary. If it ever makes it's way up to management it's often decided on purely ideological grounds.

I have zero problem with people protesting what they believe to be an unfair election. I think they are hilarious, and very misguided, and silly even. But it's very important that they be able to state their beliefs and even hold a huge disruptive rally in DC too.

I don't like the proposed domestic terrorism law either. This is how oligarchs seize and maintain power.
          [QUOTE=rock rat;n765606]We need better protections for free speech. I've seen it used against hunters before. The algorithms are that if they get a certain number of electronic complaints they delete until an underpaid very young worker can look. Often the worker goes with their own prejudices, it takes a while to make it's way to management if ever. It's very arbitrary. If it ever makes it's way up to management it's often decided on purely ideological grounds.

I don't like the proposed domestic terrorism law either. This is how oligarchs seize and maintain power.[/

It the first of many things your not going to like for at least the next two years. It’s already begun , Joe Biden already discarded the unifying the country by claiming this was handled differently than a BLM protest. So much for bringing us all together .

Look what most of you don’t understand is Trump supporters are not Republicans or Democrats , we are sick of politics and agenda and we wanted a business guy in there to run this country going forward where we are trading in a fair way and bring industry back to the US. It could have worked but the good old boys in Washington did not want to play ball. Both parties are guilty !

As far as you thing voter fraud is silly , I’m not going to debate that because Elisabeth Warren warns us this dominion was a bad idea that could influence an election and Jimmy Carter came to the conclusion back in 2005 that mail in voting was the best way to fraud an election! Both were on panels and looked at the factual data and both voiced concerns that came to be! So be condescending but your wrong! Cater saw it , Warren saw it , the state of Texas saw it and it happened. The most votes for a guy who did nothing said nothing , who is corrupt beyond your wildest imagination ,can’t put a sentence together and held rallies where no one was there ! Yeah he won the election ! Oh I forgot he got the anti Trump vote, Trump got 74 million votes his rallies drew thousands , there was excitement ! It only silly because it fits your agenda , there was election fraud it happen in key battle ground states that could not count their votes in a timely manner like other states . So please don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining. You know as well as I history will bare this out, this was the worst fraud ever perpetrated on the American people. It’s done they pulled it off and you got your President. Now you get to see in real time what I warned you about all summer and fall! Be careful what you ask for !!!
          Last edited by Pmacc60; 01-09-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Trump underestimated the degree of 'Deep State' surrounding. He tried to filter them out but there are so many, in every aspect of Government and Business. Actually, if you pull back the covers we are nothing more than a banana Republic - as much as I hate to admit it. We have a few million 'Deep Stater's' and 340 million Sheepell.

Comment

Jim I can’t argue with that , even if there was no election wrong doing of any sort then because we censor the information and not let it be out there for real discussion then we create a conspiracy . To
              Think it’s silly is the old head in the sand cliche’ , if you don’t think there is real censorship then you aren’t paying attention to the Hunter Biden story. This new President and Vice President are corrupt and it’s going to be swept under the rug! Sheep that is the correct word.

Comment

Trump went 'ballistic' after being tossed off Twitter.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-went-ba...032346767.html

Comment

Trump went 'ballistic' after being tossed off Twitter.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-went-ba...032346767.html
                  Not only did Trump go ballistic but so did many other people and press and politicians. Censorship should not be tolerated or accepted by any American . It becomes more and more apparent that one arena in gets silenced and one amplified! Control the narrative control the public. You have a couple companies in social media dictating who can speak and who cannot! 99 if you have a clue or even a small amount of understanding what it is to be an American you would not post that shit!

Comment

There is no deep state, it's called the rule of law. Twitter, and Facebook, and Apple, and big banks, and Amazon can do whatever they want, they aren't restrained by the second amendment. Reagan started things off by deregulating the air waves. Remember about drowning government in the bath tub? Well this is what happens. Maybe we need some new laws that when a tech business gets so big it has to follow some rules. I'd certainly like it, but remember, you can't be complaining about government overreach. I've got a long list of industries I'd like govt to regulate.

Comment

Pmacc -

FYI.

The First Amendment prohibits all branches of government—but not private individuals, businesses, or organizations—from restricting speech.

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/c...sh-speech.html

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                        There is no deep state, it's called the rule of law. Twitter, and Facebook, and Apple, and big banks, and Amazon can do whatever they want, they aren't restrained by the second amendment. Reagan started things off by deregulating the air waves. Remember about drowning government in the bath tub? Well this is what happens. Maybe we need some new laws that when a tech business gets so big it has to follow some rules. I'd certainly like it, but remember, you can't be complaining about government overreach. I've got a long list of industries I'd like govt to regulate.
                        That is one way of looking at it but another way is it infringes on the civil rights of a individual . All companies have to be fair to all their employees and customers! Remember the days when you can be denied service because of the color of your skin or the way you look? I can feel the attorney’s now making a argument . Censorship Rock Rat is wrong no matter how you spin it ! The beauty of a Republic is that it’s set up to protect the rights of one or one billion.

Comment

Pmacc -

FYI.

The First Amendment prohibits all branches of government—but not private individuals, businesses, or organizations—from restricting speech.

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/c...sh-speech.html
                          Don’t forget about civil right laws !

Comment

Rush Limbaugh deactivates his Twitter account after President Trump permanently banned.

https://news.yahoo.com/rush-limbaugh...033930382.html

Limbaugh started the Twitter account in October 2020 and discussed why he joined on his Oct. 13 show, saying that he hates social media and calling it a "cesspool."
                            Last edited by 99explorer; 01-09-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Twitter permanently banned former national security adviser Michael Flynn and Donald Trump’s attorney ally Sidney Powell in a purge Friday of high-profile users peddling baseless, dangerous QAnon conspiracy theories.

https://news.yahoo.com/twitter-parle...041248759.html

Twitter cracked down on the same day as its historic permanent ban on Trump’s personal account “due to the risk of further incitement of violence” from the president’s tweets.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Is that the one with the barrel that pops up in the back to load the first round?
                                Knew a guy who had one. Always wanted to make an offer on it,...
                                Today, 09:42 AM
                              • Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.
                                by Milldawg
                                Well it’s not fancy it’s beretta 950b .22 short. It’s the same type of pistol I learned to shoot a pistol with as wee lad. This one was passed to...
                                Today, 08:31 AM
                              • Reply to Apologies
                                by Pmacc60
                                Turned on Fox News this morning and heard disturbing things about Joe Biden’s executive orders and I started to get nervous until I realized it was...
                                Today, 09:13 AM
                              • Apologies
                                by Pmacc60
                                I must apologize to Honk, Rock Rat and 99 ! Today I watched and really listened to the inauguration and commentary on ABC. I realize I am a White Suprematist...
                                Yesterday, 08:22 PM
                              • Reply to Apologies
                                by franchi20
                                I have been labeled as and intend to stay a bitter deplorable. I don't smell good enough to shop at Wal-Mart. It's what they expect and if I change, who...
                                Today, 08:55 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X