No announcement yet.

Articles of impeachment to be introduced Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it goes to the Senate. McConnell seems unwilling to call the chamber back before Biden takes office. He also clearly is NOT blindly supporting Trump this time, saying he is undecided about impeachment. It is almost certain that THIS TIME he will not shut out witnesses. If he wants to make an informed decision, he will want to hear what people inside the White House heard and saw as this mess unfolded. Particularly, why did Pence have to call in the Guards? Why didn't Trump call them up? I have to conclude Pence couldn't get Trump to intervene so he took the initiative. I'm wondering if Pence even had the authority to do it. The former Capitol police chief stated today that he had made repeated requests for additional backup in the days leading up to the riot but it was refused. If Pence has any hope of a political future he will throw Trump under the bus ... or rather keep him under the bus he walked in front of.

If Trump had half a brain, he'd pull a Richard Nixon and resign, opening the door for Pence to give him a pardon. Biden sure as hell won't do it. But sounds like there's no guarantee Pence would give him a pardon either. Why should he? Yesterday it was reported that the two were "not on speaking terms." Gee, should we be surprised. Pence was running for his life too.

Like 911, America will never be the same again. Trump is to blame. Bin Laden was just plain evil. Trump isn't evil ... he's mentally ill and stupid as a sack of hammers. Putting someone like that in the White House was bound to have dire consequences. Now the Capitol will be an armed camp forever. Thank you Donald Trump.

Comment

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is reportedly pleased about efforts by Democrats to impeach President Trump a second time, saying he believes the move will make it easier for Republicans to purge Trump from the party."

https://news.yahoo.com/mcconnell-rep...000208220.html

Comment

From honk the phony: "and resign, opening the door for Pence to give him a pardon. Biden sure as hell won't do it. But..."

Tell us, O phony and ignorant one, what exactly has President Trump done, that is a constitutionally impeachable offence? What offence has he committed that requires a pardon? We are waiting on the sage wisdom of that great constitutional scholar, honk the phony.

Comment

Maybe there's more to the story. Seems like lots of people are all het up, more so than simply rats deserting the ship. Might have been some sort of coordination.

I used to know an attorney in DC, a civil rights lawyer, went to quite a few of the protests as part of a lawyer volunteer group that assures everyone has the right to protest. He said they have big protests literally every weekend. Planned, with permits. Sometimes a few hundred, sometimes thousands. Police are very experienced at those types of crowd control. Maybe DC police. In any case it seems things got out of control here. I mean cops were beat up, and in general right wingers don't beat up cops, heck some of them WERE cops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 6.49.51 PM.png
Views:	68
Size:	492.4 KB
ID:	765862
          I guess this guy's wife is an MD, got him a couple lawyers who sprung him already. Great trophy.

Comment

Many Republican members of Congress have been afraid to speak out against Trump or to vote for impeachment because they fear they and their families might be harmed, or even killed, by Trump supporters.

Comment

I'm starting to read that federal investigators are saying the riot at the capitol was pre planned and Trump had nothing to do with instigating something that was already planned.

I've been hearing similar from independent journos of the left. Like the people Trump gave his speech to had no time to make it down to the capitol.

If all of this holds true,, then was Trump hastily impeached on false info? I'm not into CT speculation, but we really don't know much.

Comment

AOC says she was scared of other Congressmen in the shelter with her who she thought were white supremist and responsible for the riot.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                  I'm starting to read that federal investigators are saying the riot at the capitol was pre planned and Trump had nothing to do with instigating something that was already planned.

I've been hearing similar from independent journos of the left. Like the people Trump gave his speech to had no time to make it down to the capitol.

If all of this holds true,, then was Trump hastily impeached on false info? I'm not into CT speculation, but we really don't know much.
                  That’s all anyone can ask of you as a citizen is to allow the information to come and make your opinion based in truth. Kudos for your ability to do that on an emotional subject. This impeachment is a disgrace on congress because noto one Democrat voted ageist it. It should have been investigated and run through judiciary before any proceedings took place in Congress. Nancy Pelosi has an agenda that is so transparent that she needs to be removed . You gave me faith RR by your post that there are some thinking liberals still out there.

Comment

Trump goes down in history as the only president who was impeached twice ... and the only president who was impeached for a reasonably good reason ... twice. Andrew Johnson was impeached because he sacked his Secty of War and Congress didn't like it. The courts eventually upheld Johnson's action (decades later). Impeachment barely failed in the Senate. Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about his private sex life. Pathetic! Trump was impeached for trying to use his office to extort campaign dirt from another foreign leader. He did it. But maybe it didn't fit the bill for "high crime and misdemeanour" (though it certainly exceeded the low standard set by the two previous impeachments). This time he is definitely guilty of multiple counts of sedition, most notably attempting to persuade Georgia governor, legislators, and election officials to rig the election results in his favour. Let's give the Democratic House some credit for looking the other way and not initiating impeachment for that blatant infringement. Genuine sedition. "Well, what the heck, he's on his way out. Let him rant. He's harmless. We can just wait him out. The Senate wouldn't impeach him anyway. They'll just make more excuses. Anyway, his antics are only making things worse for GOP." And you see where looking the other way got us! Got a lot of people hurt and killed. And America becomes an embarrassing poster child for failed democracy. The nation's capitol becomes an armed camp like some third world banana republic. So the House should look the other way AGAIN? Why? Because that is somehow going to heal things? It hasn't and it won't. This useless irresponsible trouble maker needs to be called to account. His daddy needed to spank him a long, long time ago instead of bailing him out all the time. He should have taught his son how to work with and learn from people instead of abusing and lying to get his way. Intellectually and mentally Donald Trump was probably the WORST prepared presidential candidate in the history of the country (and there have been a couple of real dumb ones). Yet he gets elected. Once anyway. But thankfully without a majority of Americans' support. The excuse was always "But he is better than Hillary." Really?!! I mean, do you think she would have done this? Do you think she would have advocated injecting disinfectant? Fabricated voter fraud? Etc., etc., etc. etc. How can anyone possibly think that battleaxe, or anyone else, could have made a worse mess of things than Donald Trump? I just don't see how that is possible. He is uniquely unfit.

The hope is that the Senate will convict. Several good things can come out of it. For starters, a huge savings for taxpayers. Trump loses his retirement cheque plus all the other perks of an honourably retired president: free travel, free security, paid staff, etc. He's a billionaire so he can afford to pay his own way. For now. But he's losing business fast. PGA has dumped his golf courses and the city of NY has terminated all contracts with Trump companies and presumably barred them from seeking any in the future. Twitter has kicked him off forever. I'm sure there's more financial fallout to come. We'll see how long his trophy bride and phoney kids stand by him once the money is gone. Secondly, impeachment can and almost certainly will bar him from future public office. I think that is the bait many GOP senators are having a hard time ignoring. Either for their own political ambitions or the good of the party, they want this stupid bumbling headache GONE ... for good.
                    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 01-14-2021, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Honker -
                      Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

That’s all anyone can ask of you as a citizen is to allow the information to come and make your opinion based in truth. Kudos for your ability to do that on an emotional subject. This impeachment is a disgrace on congress because noto one Democrat voted ageist it. It should have been investigated and run through judiciary before any proceedings took place in Congress. Nancy Pelosi has an agenda that is so transparent that she needs to be removed . You gave me faith RR by your post that there are some thinking liberals still out there.
                        Good past Pmacc ! I have stated before that RR does make good points, albeit, not too many. But in this case, he does have his head on straight. Dimwits are so hep up on prosecution, there can’t be too much thinking going in so doing. I am sure there is more to this entire issue, including the BS about Trump inciting the violence. As I stated in another post, it will be difficult for a president to give thanks or encouragement to his supporters with fear there could be violence from ANY source!! But even with Trump’s term ending, the dimwits are still going bat sh!t crazy in their attempts to look stupid !

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                          Honker -
                          Good post.
                          Honk and 99 , left and right cheek ! Together just an ass !

Comment

Comment

Good one , it’s not original though ! Have a real thought once instead of posting someone elses

Comment

From honk the phony: "Trump goes down in history as the only president who was impeached twice...... "

And more idiotic rhetoric than any alleged "highly educated PhD" should be capable of writing. honk-honk, your post is so full of unfounded assertions, pure stupidity, and wrong information, I really don't know where to start.
                                As an alleged history professor, you should know what sedition consists of, or at least, the definition of such.
                                slick willie clinton was not impeached for his private sex life, but for perjury to a grand jury (first article, 228–206) and obstruction of justice (third article, 221–212).

Trump's phone call to the Governor and Sec State of Georgia NEVER made any mention of trying to rig an election, nor were any legislators present during the call. He simply asked the Governor to do the right thing by throwing out the illegal votes. There were lawyers for both sides present, and the transcript and recording of the call are available to the public. Dollars to dimes, you have never listened to the call.
                                That is all of your stupidity I care to address at this time, some things are just too pitifully unintelligent for rational thinking people to process. You sound as deranged and unhinged as the idiotic slimy nine.
                                PS: The senate will not convict President Trump.

Deranged honk the phony.
                                Foaming at the mouth image, too graphic to publish!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17064 honk the phony.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	921.4 KB
ID:	765918

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad