Articles of impeachment to be introduced Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
    The PGA has kissed off all of Trump's courses for the indefinite future. PGA Championship tournament for next year at his New Jersey course is not going to happen. And PGA's president made it abundantly clear why the association has divorced itself from Trump. That has got to really hurt his ego. It's probably the most severe punishment anyone could levy against him. Kicked off Twitter forever was a punch in the groin but this will flatten him. The Brits are still unclear about sanctions against his course in Scotland. It has some historic value apparently. Maybe some of you guys should help him out with a membership to one of his courses. I'm betting there's lots available right now but they won't be cheap. Maybe in five year's time you will be able to get a good deal.

I watched about thirty seconds of his press conference this afternoon. Pathetic. Singing his own praises instead of apologising. "I got that vaccine done in record time. It was all me. They said it would be years, maybe ten years. Look how fast I got it done." Really? First, no one ever said it would be ten years. From the get go the medical experts said don't expect a vaccine for a year to sixteen months. It's been a year. And Trump's role in producing the vaccine has been ... nil. He was busy blaming China for "sending" it to the US (blame game was noticeably absent today) or calling it a liberal hoax to attack him. Sorry, Donald, we haven't forgot your real role. Still making up reality. What a nutter. He has learned nothing from all this. Nothing. Like the Ukraine phone call, he thinks he has done nothing wrong. But it was wrong. Maybe not impeachable wrong (much more so than Bill Clinton's sex life), but wrong and worth acknowledging that it was at least a lapse in judgement. But there is no excuse for what happened at the Capitol. That is sedition plain and simple. I'm more than a bit disgusted that the charges weren't for that instead of this sensational "insurrection" crap. Talk about poor judgement! He handed impeachment to the Democrats on a silver platter and they had to try and make it gold. Dumb! Just impeach him for what it was because it's Congress's "duty" under the Constitution and shut up. Let Trump do all the talking because all he does is hang himself. And no one in the party or in the White House has been able to shut him up. I mean, the winning strategy was clear enough. But Nancy had to run off at the mouth ... as usual, and make a show of things. Skip 25th Amendment and move quickly to impeachment. Pence all but told them what strategy to follow. But no, she has to make a show of it and throw more salt in the wound. I'm tired of the show!!! Been putting up with that from the White House for four years. Enough already! Just get him out and, more importantly, make sure he doesn't try to come back. Quick and clean is what's needed. That's how government is supposed to work.
    One dumb mother.

Comment

Honker, like myself, takes great pleasure in posting comments that can only be answered by little people with snotty remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        Honker, like myself, takes great pleasure in posting comments that can only be answered by little people with snotty remarks.

fitch270
        ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

01-06-2021, 08:50 PM
        99; Please explain to me how this thread was started to have any meaningful discussion.

I’m still waiting.

Comment

The topic of Trump's second impeachment seems to be of interest to the members of this forum, having drawn 49 comments in four days (and counting).

Comment

I think the whole thing has gone sideways.

It never was that serious. Yes you shouldn't break into the capitol and you shouldn't fight with police. I don't think Trump caused it, some nutters planned it out and they had a crowd that followed them. Of maybe 100,000 protesters there were how many in the capital? 500? And people were fairly behaved once they got in, selfies, then when the cops told them to go they did. No fires, no vandalism to historic paintings or statues.

Many have the knives out. Some Republicans have decided it's in their best interests to split from Trump, especially as Trump doesn't have the support of some very big donors and businesses. Democrats want to ride the wave as far as it goes.

Republicans want to go back to being Republicans and they are finding out that space is already taken up by Biden and the Democrats.

Big picture I think there are a lot of pissed off people in the US, and they'll look for any excuse to raise hell, BLM, Maga, whatever. Wall Street is loving Biden, he's their man.

Comment

In Pittsburgh Pa rioter who burned police car seeks probation. How come Democrats get probation when the President gets impeached. A half a decade of criminal behavior is excused because of politics. I don't see how the country survives the loss of a justice system that obviously isn't remotely a system of equal justice. Democrats do not face legal jeopardy for any crime. The FBI is corrupt as is any urban entity.

Comment

Wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                  Labradore wild ass crazed conspiracy theories don't count, and cows don't vote. We've got counties here with 3 people in them. I mean get real. I'm not a big fan of Biden/Harris either, but they won. Fair and square.
                  He won ? You got ahold of some bad hash.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post

One dumb mother.
                    Hey Honk, can you quote what exactly Trump said in his speech that incited the riot ? Don't forget there were a bunch of Antifa mixed in the crowd that led them on.

BTW, I don't think Trump gives a rats ass about impeachment.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                      Where they will be objected to, and the whole congress will have to convene on Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure how they get to 60 in the senate but this will for sure put the pressure on Trump to resign. Maybe they have the votes, who knows.
                      If they come from other States to convene don't they have to quarantine for several days ?

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                        In Pittsburgh Pa rioter who burned police car seeks probation. How come Democrats get probation when the President gets impeached. A half a decade of criminal behavior is excused because of politics. I don't see how the country survives the loss of a justice system that obviously isn't remotely a system of equal justice. Democrats do not face legal jeopardy for any crime. The FBI is corrupt as is any urban entity.
                        I wonder if all those involved in the phony Russian Corruption will be indicted ??

Comment

If this impeachment BS goes thru, never again will a president give thanks to his supporters for fear of incitement !

Never again will a president be able to encourage his supporters to follow his
                          plans to show their support !

Never again will supporters be able to assemble and be absolutely safe in their doing so without being able to keep others from sabotaging their gatherings !

Never again will any uttering of support be allowed to be voiced, as it will be deemed to be preaching violence !

Never again will a Republican be allowed to do any of the above !

The dimwits will ride this wave of hate that they have created, lied about doing so, and take this country to ruination !

Comment

I think the Republicans should offer to impeach President Trump once a week all year. They should make as big a farce of it as they can. They can try to add impeaching Trump to other bills etc. They should make the Democrats as sdick of impeaching Trump as I am.

Comment

I think Impeachment Day should become a National Holiday.

Comment

BHR almost made it through the entire comment without resort to the word "dimwit."
                                Close, but no cigar.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad