Articles of impeachment to be introduced Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Articles of impeachment to be introduced Monday

Where they will be objected to, and the whole congress will have to convene on Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure how they get to 60 in the senate but this will for sure put the pressure on Trump to resign. Maybe they have the votes, who knows.

"While it may seem pointless to impeach a president just as he is about to leave office, there could be real consequences for Mr. Trump beyond the stain on his record. If he were convicted, the Senate could vote to bar him from ever holding office again. Following a conviction, the Constitution says the Senate can consider “disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.”

"Only a simple majority of senators would have to agree to successfully disqualify Mr. Trump, who is contemplating another run for president in 2024, an appealing prospect not just to Democrats but to many Republicans who are eyeing their own runs."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/u...p-capitol.html

Comment

Politicians like a pack a dogs, once they sense one going down they all tear him to pieces. They all care about their own skins more than anything, like will sticking with Trump hurt or help.

Murkowski is making noises about leaving the R party though she pretty much votes her constituents anyway, (Alaska) she's real good on hunting and of course guns.

Trump is probably flipping right the heck out.

Comment

Rasmussen's polling has Trumps approval rating raising since the DC rally. It is too bad that politicians care for the Capital so much and for individual private property so little.

Comment

Under the circumstances there certainly are grounds for charges of sedition. I think the House is obligated to pursue impeachment or it's not doing its job per the constitution. I don't see that they have any option. House left it up to Pence and the cabinet to push Trump into resigning or send him on his way via 25th Amendment. But we all know Trump has never been able to admit he's wrong on ANYTHING so no chance of him bowing out voluntarily and Pence + remaining cabinet are spineless. Trump is CLEARLY out of touch with reality. Now he is certifiably dangerous. He has to go. And never come back.

This is, I believe, the first and only time an outgoing president will not be at the inauguration of his successor. Another blot on the blighted dysfunctional history of this administration. What a shameful stained legacy that guy has left the nation. But who's really to blame? Tabloid politics in action. Disgraceful that so many Americans bought into that phony crap ... and KEPT buying into it. Hopefully they have learned their lesson ... but I doubt it.
          Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 01-09-2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
            Where they will be objected to, and the whole congress will have to convene on Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure how they get to 60 in the senate but this will for sure put the pressure on Trump to resign. Maybe they have the votes, who knows.
            I am at a loss to see how any member of Congress could NOT vote for impeachment. The Ukraine affair was wrong and maybe grounds for impeachment. Dicey. This time there is no question that Trump was wrong and his actions to incite riot were seditious. If Congress does its job he will be convicted. A message needs to go out to Trump and any future aspiring presidents that this kind of destructive dangerous trash will not be tolerated. Seems McConell would not take much persuading that impeachment is his duty at this point. His wife leaving cabinet was intended to convey that message for sure. I think it will be a very hard pill for GOPs in Senate to swallow. They kicked trump loose on the first impeachment. They have to reconcile that may have been a mistake. Hopefully there are enough GOP with a shred of respectability left to carry a vote for impeachment. It is their duty.

Comment

Trump will be the third President to not participate in his opponents inauguration. Biden was a participant in the FBI hoax of 2017, and is the winner of less counties than any other President in history. Biden may have more illegal fake votes than any candidate in US history. No member of the legislature with any integrity should support the Democrats in any way. You are immeasurably wrong in your assessment of the facts as they stand Honkster !

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                Trump will be the third President to not participate in his opponents inauguration. Biden was a participant in the FBI hoax of 2017, and is the winner of less counties than any other President in history. Biden may have more illegal fake votes than any candidate in US history. No member of the legislature with any integrity should support the Democrats in any way. You are immeasurably wrong in your assessment of the facts as they stand Honkster !
                Obviously Woodrow Wilson didn't attend his successor's inauguration but he was essentially terminally ill. And Harding wasn't his opponent anyway. Who was the other one? Hmmm. Maybe one of the Adams? Interesting. I seem to recall Andrew Jackson's inauguration was boycotted by his predecessor.

Edit: Both Adams boycotted successor's inauguration, John Q didn't attend Jackson's. Not surprising on both counts. Senior Adams was stinging from Alien and Sedition Act controversy and Jackson's campaign was marked by vicious mud slinging. He was known for getting physical with anyone who got in his way. John Q may have had concerns for his safety. The third boycott was Andrew Johnson not attending Grant's inauguration. Johnson was still "disgraced" from his totally undeserved impeachment trial. He undoubtedly felt it was better to disappear quietly. Did he actually run for reelection? I don't think so. So Grant wouldn't qualify as an "opponent." No Johnson did not run for reelection.
                Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 01-09-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Labradore wild ass crazed conspiracy theories don't count, and cows don't vote. We've got counties here with 3 people in them. I mean get real. I'm not a big fan of Biden/Harris either, but they won. Fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                    Labradore wild ass crazed conspiracy theories don't count, and cows don't vote. We've got counties here with 3 people in them. I mean get real. I'm not a big fan of Biden/Harris either, but they won. Fair and square.
                    It’s not a wild ass crazed conspiracy as you want to preach, two factors in this past election will always cast serious doubt on this election ! Dominion and mail in ballots both had ranking members of the Democratic Party express concerns over those two mediums at various times ! Elisabeth Warren on Dominion and Jimmy Carter for mail in voting ! Jimmy Cater head up a bipartisan Commission on federal election reform in 2005. He understood that mail in voting could not be managed against fraud among other this , yes he did change his mind later as did Warren . Agenda ! There are no counties in Colorado with three people ( wild ass statement on your part) yes the election is lost and power goes to the Democrats ! Trump is in peaceful transfer , Joe Biden is recanting on bringing the country together by throwing the DC police under the bus and hinting at racism no he accused the law enforcement of that very thing. Joe half the police in Washington DC are black! New leadership in office and the theme is Censorship ! Quiet the voices for the 74 million and amplify the voice of our new government !

Comment

I've got another one rat. I believe that the reason that Hunter Biden didn't get popped for drug possession was because we have a corrupt justice system. Just as Hillary and the DNC could employ foreign actors to slur Republicans, and Hillary could break the National Security Act with emailing of top secret material without charges our justice system is rigged to not execute the law against Democrats. Looking at the riots, the election, and the previous administration its obvious that only Republicans are facing any legal jeopardy or media scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                        I've got another one rat. I believe that the reason that Hunter Biden didn't get popped for drug possession was because we have a corrupt justice system. Just as Hillary and the DNC could employ foreign actors to slur Republicans, and Hillary could break the National Security Act with emailing of top secret material without charges our justice system is rigged to not execute the law against Democrats. Looking at the riots, the election, and the previous administration its obvious that only Republicans are facing any legal jeopardy or media scrutiny.
                        Good points all, truth is Joe has been involved with all this Hunter Biden nonsense the entire time. Joe Biden used his office to help Hunter who is pretty much a silver spoon guy.

The coming months will tell me if the government is as corrupt as it seems. Joe Biden is as dirty as it gets !

Comment

Today is the first day in many months that I did not receive a single email from Camp Trump soliciting donations for the great election challenge.
                          I guess the capital riot and upcoming impeachment were seen as a bad omen for opening up a new solicitation fund. I believe trump has about $250 million raised for his retirement activities from his great election challenge. What a racket!

Comment

I googled Trumps address to the crowd , I listened to his speech and I’m trying to hear where he incited the people to break into the Capital . I trying to hear where once he indicated any use of violence . Don’t get me wrong , he address a crowd where there are infiltrators and anarchist and they are there to create chaos and use anything they can to cause mayhem. I also question why the police open a section of gate to let the crown into the Capital . I was unaware until the DC police spokesman ask the same question . Another question is in post 9/11 America how do a couple hundred protesters get through to the Capital when the house is in session. This does not pass the smell test !

Comment

A majority of the country believes President Donald Trump should be removed before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in on Jan. 20 and two-thirds hold him accountable for the violent insurrection on Capitol Hill, according to an ABC News/Ipsos poll released Sunday.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/capitol-si...115900466.html

Sixty-seven percent of Americans lay blame squarely at Trump's feet for the Wednesday riot and the unprecedented breach that led to the death of five, including a Capitol police officer who succumbed to injuries suffered during the attack. This includes 52% who believe he shoulders a great deal of the responsibility. Only 15% of those polled say that he bears none of the blame.
                              Last edited by 99explorer; 01-10-2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad