Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the fastest and most affective way to attract Squirrels to the woods in my backyard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the fastest and most affective way to attract Squirrels to the woods in my backyard?

Whats the fastest and most affective way to attract Squirrels to the woods in my backyard?

Corn and nuts

Comment

just go deer hunting and you will see all kinds of squirrels.

Comment

Act like a nut!

kolbster is right and a +1

Comment

Bird seed is "cheap" and effective too. Ask anyone who try's to feed "song-birds" !

Comment

Put out some peanut butter on some of the plants

Comment

I usually feed them corn in my yard during cold weather. Lately, I can't keep the little thieves out of my dog pans, I think they're eating more dog food than my hounds.

Comment

Sunflower seeds and bird feed are cheap sources of squirrel fodder.

Comment

Just basically act like you are trying to attract songbirds aka seeds and feeders.

Comment

corn and acorns..bird feed also works..and they like peanut butter

Comment

Beekeeper is right and a +1

SUNFLOWER SEEDS! THEY GO CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYY!! over them!

Comment

I put out pecans and bird seed to attract birds and squirels.

Comment

If you can get a bushel of ear corn... that is great and will last a while. Bee and Clay are right on with sunflower seeds too. The sunflower seeds are more expensive but also bring in the cardinals and blue jays. You can put big finishing nails in a tree and just slide an ear of corn on the nail... they will come!

Comment

Create the habitat and the squirrels will come. Nest boxes and food (birdseed works fine) are a good way to start. More long-term solutions involve protecting mast producing trees from being eaten by deer when they are small (put up a deer exclosure), girdling low timber value trees to kill them (dead trees attract insects, insects attract wood peckers, wood peckers make holes in trees for squirrels to live) and providing cover from predators (stone piles/walls, and brush piles do this quite nicely).

Comment

Put up a bird feeder with some sunflower seed in it and on the ground below. They will come in for it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Covid Hunting
                                by PigHunter
                                I'm still stocked with my Y2k buckshot, bought 120 rounds back then.
                                Today, 01:20 AM
                              • Covid Hunting
                                by DakotaMan
                                My hunting pursuits have changed immensely since Covid-19. I am now spending most of my time hunting for powder, primers and vaccine. No one is set up...
                                Yesterday, 11:56 AM
                              • Reply to Ammo waiting lists
                                by PigHunter
                                Dang, I've been used by women and family but never by a bot....
                                Today, 01:18 AM
                              • Ammo waiting lists
                                by PigHunter
                                Woohoo! I was on the notification list at The Sportsman's Guide and got an email this ammo was available. Just ordered 4 boxes (100 rounds) for $124 total...
                                12-08-2020, 01:15 PM
                              • Reply to Quiz
                                by FirstBubba
                                1) Glock 9mm
                                2) Ruger GP101
                                3) AR15 - probably DPMS or Bushmaster for brand
                                4) Ruger American
                                5) Henry
                                6) Remington
                                Today, 12:03 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse