Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let It Be Me - The Righteous Brothers - YouTube

Comment

Well since we’re drifting I’ll throw out that PH has mentioned a couple good Marshall Tucker Band tunes. I caught them at the NYS Fairgrounds a few years ago, I’m sure MattM37’s familiar with the place😜

Comment

"Stand By Me"

"Georgia"

"Fishin' In The Dark"

All good ones!

Comment

I don't sing in public. There's no one I hate enough to do that too. And the world thanks me.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
            I don't sing in public. There's no one I hate enough to do that too. And the world thanks me.
            I sing, not because it makes others happy, but because it makes me happy.
            I'm no Chet Atkins with my guitar, but I make me happy!

My favorite song to sing and play?
            "Ridin' My Thumb to Mexico" by Johnny Rodriguez

Comment

Can you sing "Far Far Away?"

Comment

When I was growing up, I used to practice singing on my front porch at night.
                The neighbors thought I was so good that they took up a collection so I could study in Europe.

Comment

Matt, I am a newbie here relatively speaking, but I am glad you showed up.
                  My hunting season is about over, but I have had good success.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                    Well since we’re drifting I’ll throw out that PH has mentioned a couple good Marshall Tucker Band tunes. I caught them at the NYS Fairgrounds a few years ago, I’m sure MattM37’s familiar with the place😜
                    The Fair's had some great lineups over the years, even for the free concerts. Too band the old Grandstand had to come down. Best show I ever saw there was Crosby Stills and Nash, '03 I think that was. We went to that show in between two Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band shows, down in Jersey and then at Darien Lake. I think I lost a good 40 percent of my hearing that week -- and not just from Bruce, either; CSN rocked. I'd forgotten how many harder-rock songs they had along with the folksie stuff.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	33190A86-D8C9-4037-ABD4-942AF4CE5DFD.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	469.7 KB
ID:	762189 I was stunned to find out the Grandstand was gone a couple years ago when we took the kids to the State Fair. Watched a number of DIRT races there back in the day, World of Outlaw guys hauled the mail on the Moody Mile! Click image for larger version

Name:	90D24405-78D9-445C-9882-3319EEAF514B.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	762188

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	33190A86-D8C9-4037-ABD4-942AF4CE5DFD.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	469.7 KB
ID:	762189 I was stunned to find out the Grandstand was gone a couple years ago when we took the kids to the State Fair. Watched a number of DIRT races there back in the day, World of Outlaw guys hauled the mail on the Moody Mile! Click image for larger version

Name:	90D24405-78D9-445C-9882-3319EEAF514B.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	762188
                        My very first trip to the Fair as a little kid my big brother and sister took me to the stock-car races. There was a wreck right in front of us, nothing too dangerous, but one of the cars was billowing smoke as it spun around in front of us. I think I talked about that for weeks afterward, how one of "the race-cars blew up right in front of us!" The other highlight of the day was when we checked out the Budweiser Cleidesdales. There was one, named Toby, who'd answer questions: Yes answer, he'd nod his head; no answer, he'd just stand there and look at you. I kid you not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
                          Matt, I am a newbie here relatively speaking, but I am glad you showed up.
                          My hunting season is about over, but I have had good success.

Ernie, do you stamp the head of your wildcat brass, if not how do you keep them straight ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Ernie, do you stamp the head of your wildcat brass, if not how do you keep them straight ?
                            26 Nosler is Nosler brass stamped 26 Nosler.

6.5-284 brass is Lapua stamped 6.5-284

6mm-284 is some older Winchester 284 brass, that I have necked down to 6mm-easy to tell.

My 284 Winchester XP-100 uses Norma 284 Winchester brass

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad