Hello, hope you're all doing okay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, hope you're all doing okay.

Hey, Fellas. Just wanted to say that it's good to be talking with you guys again. I hope you and yours have been well. How's the fall hunting and fishing been for everyone?

Good on this end Matt, how about you? Don’t mind saying you just made my day, very glad to have you posting again.

Comment

Hi Matt, good to hear you are back. My opening gun season was cancelled. At home got about 18" of snow Had to shovel a ton off my second story deck before it turned into a ground level deck. I have several more dates possible Click image for larger version

Name:	12 1 2020.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	761828 , rifle, ML and Archery so maybe weather will cooperate.

Comment

Welcome back Matt. So far I've just shot a small sow, no deer yet. I'm trying to hunt at least once a week until February.

Otherwise, every Sunday we're doing karaoke at our favorite bar. We sing 2 or 3 songs each per week. It's fun to get on stage with a good sound system. Last time, I sang "You'll Never Find", "Mary Jane's Last Dance", and "Heard It In A Love Song".

Comment

If a picture is worth a thousand words these will save a lot of typing.

We've had a good run this fall.

Comment

So far canceled due to fire danger per the NFS, but looking to at least put a cow in the freezer during the long private land season. I haven't been out to even hunt coyotes, didn't buy a bear tag this year. I've been busy making hay.

And I hope you are well and enjoying yourself too Matt.

Comment

Hi Matt -
              Welcome back.
              We've added about a hundred new active members in the past year, but the Outdoor Life site seems to have given up the ghost.
              Stick around.

Comment

Hey MattM37! Good to see you around again!
                My year has been uneventful.
                I've got lot of hunting and adventure behind me and still got alot a head. Just having to take a break.

Comment

Doing fine. Killed some deer, doves, ducks, and squirrels. We had Outdoorlife's section looking good and flowing smooth but I guess it wasn't what they wanted and shut it down. Was on rimfirecentral for a long time but the egos and one upmanship were too much. Thinking about the Missouri whitetail forum but it's looking a little cliquish too so maybe after this one strokes out I'll fade into the sunset. In the meantime good to see you back.

Comment

Missouri's 3day antlerless is coming up. I'm tagged out but have the older fella whose ground we hunt wanting to get some meat so thinking I'll set up a popup for him and keep him company in it. Better sitting in a chair out of the weather with a blanket around him than him sitting under a tree when it's this cold.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                      Doing fine. Killed some deer, doves, ducks, and squirrels. We had Outdoorlife's section looking good and flowing smooth but I guess it wasn't what they wanted and shut it down. Was on rimfirecentral for a long time but the egos and one upmanship were too much. Thinking about the Missouri whitetail forum but it's looking a little cliquish too so maybe after this one strokes out I'll fade into the sunset. In the meantime good to see you back.
                      I've heard that before about rimfirecentral. I'll probably go to aldeer.com if this Q&A forum is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                        If a picture is worth a thousand words these will save a lot of typing.

We've had a good run this fall.
                        Nice, thanks for posting those. I had a feeling that when I got back on here, I'd soon see some Fitch family harvests. No tag soup at your house!

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                          Good on this end Matt, how about you? Don’t mind saying you just made my day, very glad to have you posting again.
                          I appreciate that, Fitch. Thanks. Things here on my end have pretty much evened out, knock on wood. So far I've only hunted a couple times, but I've got another few days of vacation time to use before the end of the season. Four or five good bucks seen on our family land, only one tag filled so far, by my cousin back during bow-season.

I see that the Covid virus didn't thin out the Spammers any. I hope I didn't get back here just in time for the website's death-rattle.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                            Welcome back Matt. So far I've just shot a small sow, no deer yet. I'm trying to hunt at least once a week until February.

Otherwise, every Sunday we're doing karaoke at our favorite bar. We sing 2 or 3 songs each per week. It's fun to get on stage with a good sound system. Last time, I sang "You'll Never Find", "Mary Jane's Last Dance", and "Heard It In A Love Song".
                            'Preciate the welcome-back, and the karaoke updates. Your next night out, I recommend "Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" by the Righteous Brothers. Sing it to the Huntress the way Maverick did to Charlie in "Top Gun." I did that to a girl when we were in high school at her Sweet Sixteen party at the country club. I was a hit, though not so much with her -- because, as it turned out, she really had lost that lovin' feelin'. Ah, well, there were plenty of fish in the brook back then.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

'Preciate the welcome-back, and the karaoke updates. Your next night out, I recommend "Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" by the Righteous Brothers. Sing it to the Huntress the way Maverick did to Charlie in "Top Gun." I did that to a girl when we were in high school at her Sweet Sixteen party at the country club. I was a hit, though not so much with her -- because, as it turned out, she really had lost that lovin' feelin'. Ah, well, there were plenty of fish in the brook back then.
                              Great suggestion, I'm sure it was indeed a hit! ... I'll need to practice that one because I've never been able to do it justice.

For this coming Sunday: "Sister Golden Hair", "Fire On The Mountain", and "Stormy". PigHuntress will probably do "Santa Baby", and something by The Fifth Dimension.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad