Why Rs and Ds couldn't agree on stimulus money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Rs and Ds couldn't agree on stimulus money

Trump just wanted the money out there, especially before the election, might well of done the trick, he only needed a few thousand here and there. So what was the hold up?

Corruption of course. Who runs the place? Rich folk, business owners, corporate America.

Republicans wanted to put in something to protect businesses from getting sued when they put workers or customers in a dangerous situation re covid and people get sick or die. Like packing people close together in factories, meat packing plants, restaurants and bars.

Democrats wanted money for the states and municipalities. "what" I said to myself, I don't get it. How are states running out of money so badly they need fed funds? Turns out states need money to syphon over to businesses in their states, and cities in their states who can further feed those $$$s to businesses.

When Trump fed money directly to people in the form of a check for $1200 or increased unemployment for $600 per week, people spent the money, incomes went up, poverty went down. When money went to small businesses in the form of PPP, businesses took the money but a lot less of the money ended up getting spread around. If states and municipals get money do you think they'll spend it wisely? Or maybe feed it to some crony businesses?

A pox on both their houses.

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
    Trump just wanted the money out there, especially before the election, might well of done the trick, he only needed a few thousand here and there. So what was the hold up?

Corruption of course. Who runs the place? Rich folk, business owners, corporate America.

Republicans wanted to put in something to protect businesses from getting sued when they put workers or customers in a dangerous situation re covid and people get sick or die. Like packing people close together in factories, meat packing plants, restaurants and bars.

Democrats wanted money for the states and municipalities. "what" I said to myself, I don't get it. How are states running out of money so badly they need fed funds? Turns out states need money to syphon over to businesses in their states, and cities in their states who can further feed those $$$s to businesses.

When Trump fed money directly to people in the form of a check for $1200 or increased unemployment for $600 per week, people spent the money, incomes went up, poverty went down. When money went to small businesses in the form of PPP, businesses took the money but a lot less of the money ended up getting spread around. If states and municipals get money do you think they'll spend it wisely? Or maybe feed it to some crony businesses?

A pox on both their houses.
    States want money because they are broke from promising more hand outs than they can pay for. another reason are the lush retirement pensions they can not afford. Basically it is all because the Dems do not know how to run a City. No way should the taxpayer bail them out - what so they can continue their wasteful ways ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad