No announcement yet.

100,000 cases Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They once elected Republican Rudy Giuliani as Mayor.

Comment

The Dakotas are 'as bad as it gets anywhere in the world' for COVID-19.

https://news.yahoo.com/dakotas-bad-g...125825454.html

Comment

Inmates in Texas were spotted helping the El Paso medical examiner handle the overflow of bodies in the morgue.

https://news.yahoo.com/inmates-texas...205734368.html

Comment

Listen to Dr. Atlas and enjoy the holidays. Life is short. But it can be made shorter.

https://news.yahoo.com/people-infect...120453993.html

Comment

Curled up in your basement life must drag on forever. Watching the spiders build their webs, listening to the refrigerator, watching the digital numbers change on the clock. What a beautiful universe to inhabit!

Comment

You're talking about yourself, right?

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                184,000 tested positive today. That's about a 10 or 11 day doubling. Eventually 4, 255 people will die who tested infected today. Might not be tomorrow, or next week, they might linger in the hospital for a month or more, but they'll die.

Our normal daily death rate in the US is about 7,700 (cdc), that's the normal pre covid death rate, no doubt it's higher now. If this doubling continues, in ten days, we will be infecting enough people to at least double the daily death rate. Of course you have to figure a lot of those folks would die anyway, or maybe not. They won't die immediately either, infections precede deaths by quite a while.

I'll bet real soon, before Biden takes over, people start to take this seriously. They'll stop using bogus figures and bragging about not wearing masks or ignoring basic precautions.

I saw a you tube this morning, and it was only a you tube, it could have been bogus or made up, of a nurse in El Paso. Said they have a place they put all the covid patients who are going to die anyway, they call it the pit. If they "code" which means stop breathing or heart beat or whatever they do CPR three times, and that's it. Six minutes of CPR. No doctors go in, no one has ever come out alive. They just don't have the resources to spend on people who will die anyway.
                There is Triage all throughout the Hospital, not just limited to Virus patients.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                  Curled up in your basement life must drag on forever. Watching the spiders build their webs, listening to the refrigerator, watching the digital numbers change on the clock. What a beautiful universe to inhabit!
                  Actually I've had the busiest season in memory. I've turned away much more work than we've completed, haven't missed a day due to covid. I'm outside every day, employing people, working, paying taxes, so you can go on fishing trips.

My wife also works, as a nurse. They have an attitude at her work, they'll work on anyone, infected or not. They work on covid denialists, they work on people who haven't practiced safe precautions, they ignore any racist or sexist faux pas their patients might make, and they do the very best they can for everyone. Day in and day out, so you can act dangerously, you can ignore being safe to protect yourself, your neighbors, and you can even endanger the health care workers who will care for you when you are sick.

Know that we will pick up the slack for you. For every lazy dangerous person, there are 10 hard working honest Americans willing to take up the slack.

Comment

When the hospitals run out of vacant beds, they can stack the surplus patients on gurneys in the hallways.

Comment

Some of us ride motorcycles. Some of us drive 3000 miles to fish for salmon with the bears. Some of us are curled up in their basements. Some of us aren't going to live to be 200 years old. Some of us value now. I'm one happy m-fer. I live my life like a free American.

Comment

Comment

Self portrait?

Comment

Comment

This virus is going to be with us for a long time, half million cases a day is not unrealistic, and it is increasing in cases exponentially - live with it safely or DIE.

Comment

Hospital closing for all but emergency cases.

Heard our governor on the radio today, said he had 60 million left over from feds he's mostly spend on food, legislature not in session, and most fiscal stuff should be done with legislature. Doesn't think breaking rules to do things by executive order a good precedent. Asked people not to socialize so we don't have to shut businesses. Said not socializing costs nothing.

Looking for face shield for head surgeon, someone stole his while in operating room last week, can't find anywhere.

I'm pre staging materials in front of myself in anticipation of shortages again. Slowly stocking up on personal supplies assuming peak to be sometime in December and much higher than April. Still have elk tag to fill.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump's pardon blitz
                                  by crm3006
                                  This from whiny nine, political ignoramus: "Even if the Senate fails to achieve the super majority vote necessary to convict, they will surely get...
                                  Today, 11:53 AM
                                • Trump's pardon blitz
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  I can maybe understand Trump pardoning some of his cronies in jail, but the Detroit mayor who's in jail for corruption and two rappers convicted of federal...
                                  01-20-2021, 10:02 AM
                                • Reply to Amazon comes out against mail in voting
                                  by crm3006
                                  Has anyone actually seen any evidence that any of china joe bite-me's EOs have physically taken effect? Anybody live close enough or have a source that...
                                  Today, 11:43 AM
                                • Amazon comes out against mail in voting
                                  by Pmacc60
                                  Amazon.com Inc ask the National Labor relations board to consider having workers vote in person, rather then vote by mail on a proposal to form a union...
                                  01-23-2021, 07:09 AM
                                • Reply to Amazon comes out against mail in voting
                                  by Pmacc60
                                  Rock Rat , read HR1 and tell me you agree , source one for the future unfair illegal and Unconstitutional elections. The disgrace you say doesn't exi...
                                  Today, 09:13 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X